10.14.2009

Chapter 150

Sunday morning and Karen was curled up in Sidney's arms. Her body felt the heat rise between their skin and loved holding on to him when neither had somewhere to go. She was woken up when she heard Sidney's cell phone ring.

"For once, can't you leave that thing downstairs?"

"Sorry baby" he said kissing her head then moved to reach the phone from the nightstand. "It's Max" he told her as he answered it.

"I can't wait to call Nat 80 thousand times when they're trying to sleep" she said as Sidney laughed and finished his conversation with Max before hanging up. "So what was so important this early?"

"Just plans to take the Cup around town again."

"Where to today?"

"He mentioned surprising the fans at PNC Park during the Pirates game. Feel like tagging along?"

"I don't know" she said kissing his chest "I may need some extra persuasion." Sidney lifted Karen's chin and met his lips to hers. He rolled them over onto her back and Karen instinctively made room for him between her legs. Sidney grinded into her mound before finding her opening and slid inside of her. Their rhythm started out slow and got heated as the minutes ticked away. Sidney moved his hand under one of Karen's thighs and lifted it to open her up wider for him to pound harder inside of her. Karen whispered her pleasures as Sidney smiled knowing he could bring out the passion in her. He felt her fingernails dig deeper into his back and knew she on the verge as he sped up his pace and brought her to her breaking point. Sidney soon felt the tightness around his throbbing cock and made one more deep, hard thrust into her spilling all he had. He leaned in and captured her lips sealing their time together. Sidney let go of her leg and Karen started to put it down when she stopped and winced, arising worry from Sidney.

"Baby, what's wrong?"

"I think my hip just popped. I wasn't expecting that."

"I figured they way we are, you should be pretty limber by now."

"Thank you for that but remember, this is the hip that got pinned by the forklift."

"I forgot, you ok?" he asked with fear in his eyes of hurting her.

"Yeah, I just need to stretch it out."

"Need me to massage it?" he said smiling like a kid in a candy store.

Karen was about to respond but the knock on the door stopped her "a raincheck stud?"

"Definitely" he said getting up and putting on a pair of shorts before opening the door and stepping out to talk to his dad. Karen laid there and couldn't help but replay everything from the last couple nights in her head and got a few ideas for when Sidney gets his day with the Cup. He came back in a few minutes later and told her that his mom had some breakfast ready if she was hungry. Karen got up and dressed, walking downstairs with Sidney to eat.

When they got done with breakfast, they all got ready and headed out to meet up with Max and the guys for another fun filled day sharing the Cup with the city of Pittsburgh. They went to a few places before taking the bus to PNC Park. Karen rode with Troy and Trina in another bus for the family members and got to be in the dugout while the guys were announced onto the field. As Karen saw Sidney walk out with the Cup raised high over his head, she couldn't help but think how sexy he was in the Pirates' jersey he put on. Trina looked over at her smiling and just smiled herself shaking her head knowing how in love Karen was with Sidney. After all the guys were announced, they took a picture with the Cup before walking off the field to a thunderous applause and cheers from the fans in the stands.

As they headed back to the arena, Mario had announced that he would have another party at his house tonight before the parade on Monday. Karen knew she would only be able to spend a little while at Mario's with Sidney for she would have to go to work on Monday morning. When she heard about the parade to happen on Monday, Karen knew there was no way she could ask for another day off with such short notice. She wanted to play it safe so when she asked for two more weeks in August to surprise Sidney and be with him for a month over the summer, there wouldn't be friction between her and her manager.

As they were at the house relaxing before heading to Mario's, Karen's cell phone rang and she saw it was work. She picked it up walking out on the porch.

"Hello."

"Hi Karen, It's Sue. I don't mean to bother you on a Sunday."

"That's ok, I just got home a little bit ago. What's up?"

"Well, they decided to reschedule the gun audit for tonight after the store closes and I was hoping you could come help me and a couple guys from the Gun Counter get it done."

"I did have plans tonight."

"I know you probbaly did, like everyone else I tried. If I can convice you to come in tonight to help, you can have tomorrow off. I'll get the others to run the variance reports and do all the paperwork for bailing on me."

Karen stood there and thought about it for a second before answering her "yes, I will come in to help you."

"That is so great Karen. I know I count on you for a lot of things and I am very appreciative of all your help."

"Well you know I am always there to help when it comes to my job, besides I wanted to try and go to the Stanley Cup parade tomorrow with Sidney and now you made that possible so thank you."

"Well we both win then. We were going to start about 9p, so if you could be here about 8:45p we can get set up and organized before diving in."

"Sounds good. See you tonight."

"Ok, see you then." They said goodbye and hung up from each other. Karen stood there and knew Sidney would be disappointed about not going to Mario's party but she hoped he would feel better when she told him she'd be there on Monday. Karen headed back inside and rejoined Sidney on the couch.

"Everything ok?"

"Yeah, um would you mind if I skipped the party tonight?"

"Why don't you want to go?"

"It's not that I don't want to go, it's just Sue needs help with the gun audit at work and I told her I would be in. I would work from 9p until we get done, maybe by 1a or 2a."

"I want you with me tonight baby."

"I know but think about it this way, if I go in tonight I get Monday off and can be with you during the parade."

"Well that makes it a little better. Since we're heading to Mario's around 5p, will you come and have dinner and then leave a little after that?"

"I think I can handle that" she said seeing him smile before he kissed her. They sat around talking and watching a movie before it was time to head to Mario's. Karen had gotten some food and hung around with the Sidney and the guys until 8p then told everyone goodbye and left. Sidney walked her home to see her off before heading back to Mario's.

At 2a, Karen got done at work and was heading home. She drove past Mario's and saw a lot of cars still there. She went to the house and parked, going inside. She went upstairs to change and noticed Sidney wasn't home yet. Karen grabbed her keys and went back over to Mario's. When she got there, she weeded her way through the sea of people until she found an occupant of the house.

"Hey Lauren."

"Kiki? I thought you had to work?"

"I got home a few minutes ago. Do you know where Sid is?"

"Last I saw him, he was by the pool with Jordan and Flower."

"Thanks" she said hugging her and heading out back. Karen got closer to the pool and saw the guys sitting around talking. She stood back and out of the way listening when she heard her name.

"Where's Karen?"

"She had to work but she'll be able to be at the parade tomorrow."

"So dude I have to ask, what's come over you with her?" Jordan asked.

"What do you mean?" Sidney asked concerned.

"Well, you guys get together and all of the sudden you move out of here into her house, then you get married. I'm sorry but this isn't you."

"I guess it's possible for people to change Staalsy. Karen brings out the best in me and showed me there's more out there then to live and breathe hockey. I needed something else in my life and I see all you guys with your girlfriends or wives and I guess something deep down made me want that too. I just found it when I wasn't looking for it."

"Leave him alone Jordo" Max started "he's happy."

"I get that and I think Karen's great, I just never thought it would happen this fast" Jordan said before leaving the group.

Sidney sat there and wondered what he meant. "Don't worry about it man" Billy said "finding the right woman is the best thing in the world."

"It has been. I was so stupid before this season started by breaking up with her when all I wanted was to be with her. I knew she made my life better and balanced everything out."

"I don't know how you do it Sid."

"What?"

"Handle everything like you've been in the league for 15 years not 4. Damn man, when I was your age I could barely keep my head on straight."

"I don't know, I guess it's just how I was raised."

"Well whatever it is, keep it going for as long as you can" he said before getting up leaving Max and Sidney alone.

"Maybe Jordan has a point, maybe Karen and I did rush into this relationship faster then we should have."

"Are you having seconds thoughts?"

Karen perked her ears up at his response "God no, but I always wonder if things would be different if we would have slowed down since last year."

"I don't think so Sid, we all see what she's done to you and we're glad she changed you...for the better" Max said seeing Karen walk towards them.

"I think we changed each other Max" Karen said walking over to them.

Sidney got up and hugged her "when did you get here?" he said hoping she didn't hear all he said.

"About 10 minutes ago."

"It's a good thing you're here Karen, we need some class to spice up this party."

"So where's Nat? I didn't see her when I walked through."

"She had to leave at midnight, said she had to open tomorrow at work."

"Guess we're all not so lucky to have tomorrow off."

"Yeah and she's kind of pissed about that so if you could, tell her you had a horrible time at the parade."

"Will do Max" she said laughing before he excused himself to leave them alone.

"You heard what I said?"

"Do you think I'm mad from what you said?"

"Aren't you?"

"No. Sid there might be days when I wonder how we got here so fast but I know I wouldn't change it for anything."

"I wouldn't either, remember that."

"Always" she smiled at him before he leaned in and kissed her. They stayed around the party for another hour before going home and getting some sleep.

On Monday morning, everyone from the Penguins organization got to the arena early to do a few things before the parade. When they got to the start of the route and were assigned cars, Sidney pulled Karen aside.

"Why aren't you going with me in the truck?"

"Because this belongs to you and your dad."

"Karen?"

"Sid, listen to me. I am so proud of you for accomplishing your dream, but your dad has been waiting for this his whole life to share it with you. I don't want to take this away from him. I'll go with your mom, Taylor, and the other families and meet you at the stage area."

"But I want you there?" he said almost pouting to make Karen smile.

"Are you even going to know I'm there?"

"Yes" he said seeing her look at him "well I'll know you're there."

"Of course Yoda, you'll feel my presence. You are going to be so wrapped up in the crowd it's not going to matter who's in the truck with you. Go enjoy it with your dad and I will see you at the end of the road."

Karen kissed him and started to walk away when he pulled her back "will you always be waiting at the end of the road for me?"

"No matter where it takes you, it will always lead back to me stud. I love you and I'll see you in a little bit" she kissed him again and walked over to Trina and Nathalie.

"You ok Sid?" Troy asked his son.

"Yeah I'm good."

"Karen not coming with us?"

"No, she didn't want to take away this moment for us" he said seeing Troy's expression change "I hope this now proves how amazing she is dad" he said patting him on the back then heading to the truck he would be riding in. Troy looked over at Karen and smiled before joining his son.

As the parade started, Karen just took in all the people that came out for this as she went past them. She thought back to '92 when they had the celebration at Three Rivers Stadium. It was also the last thing before the players would disburse for the summer and Sidney would be heading to Nova Scotia by himself.

"You ok?" Trina asked.

"Yeah, just after today time will be short before Sid heads back home and I won't get to be with him until August."

"Well, we'll be heading home tomorrow so that will give you and Sid a couple days alone until he leaves."

"You know you guys can stay as long as you want."

"I know, but you guys need this time together. Trust me, I understand." They shared a smile and continued on down the parade route. As everyone ended up to where they had the stage set up, Karen waited for Sidney since he was one of the last ones to get there. She stood off to the side of the stage and listened to the players address the crowd. She was all smiles when Sidney got up to thank the fans. When everything was said and done, the guys had to head back to the arena to clean out their stalls and do a last media scrum before heading home. Karen told Sidney she would see him when he got home and left with his parents.

At the arena, Sidney sat in his stall and waited on the media to come hound him one last time. He knew there was something he needed to do before they all started asking their questions. Once they were all around him, Sidney got their attention.

"Before we start this I want to say that my personal life is off limits. The only thing I will say is that I do plan to marry my girlfriend during the summer and I am confirming it to put all the rumors to rest." Sidney got the approval of the group and they went on with their questions. After a half hour, they left Sidney alone and he got all his things put away and said goodbye to some of the guys, heading out to go home.

No comments: