7.30.2008

Chapter 8

Sidney was lying in bed when his phone went off. He picked it up and smiled when he saw he had a message from Karen. He opened his phone and settled in for a conversation.

"Is there a reason you marked me?"

Sidney couldn't help but laugh. He knew he lingered at her neck longer than he expected but he couldn't help it.

"Didn't I tell you I like to brand my women. Looks good on you though."

Karen felt her phone vibrate and read what Sidney had said, laughing to herself.

"Do you know how hard these things are to cover?"

"Not really, never had to cover one. Always got one where it wouldn't show."

"Not next time."

"LOL what's that suppose to mean?"

"You will just have to wait and see what I mean."

"Aren't you suppose to be asleep by now?"

"Yeah I should but my mind can't stop thinking about you and today."

"I can't stop thinking about it either but you need to get some sleep."

"I know. 2:30a comes too fast for my liking. Talk tomorrow?"

"Wouldn't want to talk to anybody else. Night baby."

":) night my hockey stud."

They both shut their phones and Karen turned off her light and tried to fall asleep. Sidney still laid awake and thought about her until sleep took over.

The next morning Karen woke up and groaned. She was having a great dream with Sidney and didn't want it to end. She reluctantly got up and got ready. Karen emerged from her room all ready and went into the kitchen to find Maggie making coffee.

"Did you want some?"

"No, I think I just want some juice. I'm tired but not tired enough that I need a strong caffeine rush this early."

"So, spill it. Who'd you hook up with?"

"If I tell you, you have to swear that no one knows about this."

"I swear."

Not believing her, "I mean it Mags, you tell this to anyone and I will poke pin holes in every condom you own in this house."

"I swear, god. No need to go to extremes. Just tell me who he is."

"It was.....Sidney Crosby."

"WHAT? THE SIDNEY CROSBY? OF THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS?"

"Too early to be this loud."

"Sorry, but still. You met and then made out with Sidney Crosby? Oh man this is good. Maybe we should take a picture of it for historical reasons. Something you can always look back on and brag about him leaving his mark."

"Um, there's more."

"Tell me you didn't sleep with him? I have taught you better than that and now I have to refer to you as a puckbunny."

"I didn't sleep with him but there's something going on with him. I think we might actually start dating."

"Please girl, Sidney Crosby is not the dating type. He is a true hockey player and you fell for his actions." Looking at the clock, "shit, we gotta go."

They grabbed what they needed and headed out. On the drive to the store, Karen just sat back and listened to Maggie go on and on about Sidney falling into the category of 'love 'em and leave 'em'. Karen knew he had to be different from how he acted but it still bothered her. She kept rambling on even after they got out of the car and was walking into the building.

"Alright Mags, will you shut up about it? I get it ok." That was all Karen said before walking off to get her job done.

Maggie left her alone until 11am when they went to lunch. Karen was sitting in the breakroom turning on her cell phone when Maggie came up to sit with her.

"Look, I'm sorry for going on like that this morning. I worry about you ever since what's his name."

Karen smiled at her friend and told her it was ok. Maggie could never bring herself to say the other guy's name after Rick and her broke up. It was the only time Karen was truly considered a puckbunny. She was soon brought out of her thoughts when her phone went off. Karen looked at it and it said she had a text message. She flipped open her phone and saw a message from Sidney pop up.

"Hey baby. Just wanted to tell you good morning and I hope you have a great day. Ttys, Sid."

Karen smiled and showed Maggie the message. She still had reservations, but thought this could be different. She watched Karen text him back.

"Morning hockey stud. My day is a whole lot better now that I've heard from you. Enjoy your day :)"

Karen closed her phone and began to eat her lunch. As her and Maggie were talking, they jumped when Karen's phone rang. She looked at the callier ID and it said HHS...'hot hockey stud'. She smiled and answered her phone.

"Hello."

"I didn't think you'd pick up now."

"I'm on lunch right now for the next hour."

"So, can you talk?"

"Yeah it's so easy, you form words in your head and your mouth actually says them for you. Wow, I'm doing it now."

"You're insane" he said laughing.

"Well I do have the papers to prove it" laughing with him. "What are you up to today?"

"We have an off day and wondered if you wanted to meet up when you get off."

"You know this is borderlining on obsessive and stalkerish."

"Does it bother you?"

"Please, I have a hockey stud vying for my affections, a bother it is not."

"I can handle that. Can I have directions to get to you?"

"Sure. Once you leave Mario's, head to I79 and go south. Take that all the way until it runs into I70 and then head west. After you cross into WV, look for the Cabela's exit. It'll be the third exit. If you leave now, I will still be in clothing working so you should be able to find me."

"I think I got it. What time do you get off?"

"1pm."

"Cool. Will it be a problem, like will I get majorly mobbed?"

"I doubt it but if something happens, I will take the blame and make it up to you."

"I may have to cause a scene just to see how you'd make it up to me."

"Trust me, you don't need the scene."

"Yeah, I'm leaving now. See you soon."

"I am counting down the minutes stud."

They both laugh and said goodbye before hanging up. Maggie looked at Karen and asked what was going on. She just told her he wanted to see her later today and that they would meet up somewhere after work. Karen knew if she told her Sidney was coming to the store, all hell would break loose because Maggie would start it. They finished lunch with Karen telling her how she met him and what all happened with him over the last 48 hours.

After lunch, Karen tried to concentrate on her work. She would scan things and put in the system what needed to be sent to corporate for them to deal with the missing product. Every now and then, she would scan the customers around her to see if Sidney was there yet. At 12:45pm, Karen was finishing up her last product scan and then started to shut down her computer. She concentrated on her computer screen when she heard a familiar voice speak to her.

"Would it be highly inappropriate if I kissed you right here, right now?"

"Only if you would like me to lose my job."

Turning her around to face him, "isn't that what I want so I can spend every non hockey day with you?"

"Yes and if you do it, it will be the last time you ever kiss me."

"Damn girl. Alright, I will try and control myself....for now. What all do you need to do before you can leave?"

"I just need to put my things away, clock out and get a couple things from my locker. So give me 10 minutes?"

"Ok. I am going to look around, maybe end up in fishing."

"I will find you."

Karen leaves Sidney to look around and hurries to get her stuff put away. She clocked out and had her purse checked so she could leave out the front door instead of the employee entrance. She went back out to the sales floor and looked for Sidney. She saw him in Fishing talking to a man and a young boy in a wheelchair. Karen walked over and quitely watched how he was with the young boy. When they left him alone, Karen walked up to Sidney and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Thought you didn't want to be recognized?" she whispered in his ear.

"Apparently I need another look."

"Yeah cause everybody knows to look for the Reebok ballcap."

Sidney shot her a look and then smiled at her. Karen took him to the aquarium to see all the fish they had. When they were alone and standing where no one could see them, Sidney wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her.

"I have been wanting to do that since you left me last night."

"Took you long enough" she said smiling.

"Well I wanted to kiss you about 20 minutes ago, but someone wants to keep her job."

"Well we could leave here and continue this elsewhere."

"I'm for that."

He quickly kissed her again and they walked out. Karen saw a few co-workers recognize Sidney, but she didn't acknowledge it to anyone. They walked to the car and Karen told him how to get to her friend's house.

"So tell me about the boy in the wheelchair?"

"I was looking at some random things in fishing and he said my name. I looked at him and couldn't refuse to talk to him."

"That was sweet of you. You probably just made his day."

Sidney smiled at her, grabbing her hand and kissing the back of it. He continued to hold it until they got to the house.

Karen took Sidney to a quaint little neighborhood. When they got out, he realized that he didn't see many kids. He asked Karen about it and she told him that there wasn't too many around this neighborhood. Sidney liked that for the fact that he could be with Karen in Wheeling and maybe blend in. They went inside and Karen went to change while Sidney sat down and turned on the tv. A few minutes later, Karen heard Maggie come in and just started to talk because she heard the tv going. What she didn't expect was.....

"AH!!! OH MY GOD! SIDNEY CROSBY IS SITTING IN MY LIVING ROOM!"

Karen came running into the living room and saw Maggie literally sitting on Sidney's lap. She couldn't help but laugh, not at what Maggie was doing but at the look on Sidney's face. It was like he was pleading for help.

"Maggie?" trying not to laugh, Karen goes over and pulls her off him. "Maggie? Look at me, calm down."

"But....that's...."

"Yeah I know who he is, he's here with me. I am the one who brought him here. If you can act normal I may let you meet him like a sane person."

"Ok, I'm calm."

Karen couldn't stop laughing but she tried long enough to introduce them. "Sid, I would like you to meet my friend Maggie, this is her house. Maggie, I would like you to meet Sidney Crosby."

Sidney reached out his hand for her to shake it. Maggie looked at his hand before grabbing it and holding on to it. Sidney looked at Karen with helpless eyes and she pulled them apart.

"Mags, you ok?"

"Yeah, me, no I'm great. Couldn't be better, just going to head to my room and...." walking off again, trailing her words.

"She does that a lot" looking at Sidney to explain. "You ok?"

"Yeah, not that I minded her greeting approach, but I kind of wished that was you on my lap."

"Really?"

Sidney nodded and then brought his lips down on hers for a soft kiss. "What do you usually do after work?"

"Right after work, I try and take a nap and then find something for dinner. After that, watch tv and get on the computer until I go to bed. Did you have something planned for us to do?"

"Maybe, but you know, that nap sounds good right about now."

Karen didn't say anything. She took Sidney's hand and led him to her room, shutting the door behind him. Karen laid down as Sidney took off his shoes. He laid down beside her and they instinctly turned towards each other. He brought her leg up over his again and pulled her close.

"This is weird, but I am getting a strange feeling of deja'vu." she told him.

"I thought this seemed familiar. I kind of like it though." smiling at her.

"Well you got me here, now what do you plan to do with me?"

"Telling you about it would take to long. I'd rather show you."

Whispering in a needy tone, "show me?"

They both leaned in to the kiss together and found the heat and passion was still there. Sidney put his hand under her shirt, but left it on her side. Karen had her hand on his hip, digging her fingers into it. After a few minutes, Sidney left her lips and trailed down to her neck.

"Um, what are you doing there nippy?"

She felt him smile into her neck, "I'm not doing anything, why do you ask?"

"Sidney? Don't you dare put another mark on me."

Looking up at her, "would I really do that to you?"

"Do you really need me to answer that?"

"No. I just thought I could give you a matching one."

"You give me one, I get to give you one."

"I like that idea."

Sidney goes back to her neck and every nerve in her body shivered. After Sidney was done, he kissed back to her lips and Karen broke away. She rolled them over onto Sidney's back and Karen crawled on his lap, straddling him. She pulled up his shirt and undid his belt. Sidney just laid there and closed his eyes letting the feeling of Karen's lips on his skin take over. Karen lowered his jeans a little bit and started kissing/nipping right on his hip, leaving a big red mark. When she was done, she smiled up to Sidney and crawled back up to him. She kissed his lips, letting him roll them over onto Karen's back. She loved the weight of him on her, like they fit perfectly together as one.

They laid there staring at each other for a moment before Sidney kissed her and then scooted down to lay his head on her chest. Karen brought a hand up and lightly stroked his hair.

"So, what happened that Coach Therrien gave you guys a rare day off during the playoffs?"

"They have it mapped out that the next game, a home game for us, will probably be on Friday night."

"I guess that means he's going to work your ass off the next three days, huh?"

"Pretty much."

"Well maybe it will be good that we can stay busy the next four days before we see each other again. Let some of this tension fade away."

Sidney looks up at Karen and smiles "what tension could you possibly mean?"

"You know EXACTLY what tension I mean."

"Yeah I do. So does that mean by the time we see wach other on Friday we will be ready to explode?"

"How about you just explode on the ice with a lot of goals to put the next opponent away? Any idea who yet?"

"It looks to probably be the Rangers."

"Can't wait for that match up."

"Me either" Sidney said as he yawned.

"Close your eyes and relax." Karen said as she continued to massage his head. Soon her eyes closed as well and they both fell asleep.

No comments: