3.11.2009

Chapter 98

Karen was sitting on the couch thinking about what Max said when she heard the door open. She got up and walked over to Sidney coming in. Karen went up to him, wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down to her lips for a very passionate kiss. Sidney put his arms around her waist, pulling her tighter against his body letting the kiss deepen.

"Not that I mind a greeting like that, but what's with the greeting?" Sidney said breaking the kiss.

Karen just smiled "just because I love you."

"Well I can't argue with that" he said before diving in for another spectacular kiss. The kiss lasted a few more minutes before they broke apart and went to sit down.

"What did they say about your knee?"

"They found a little swelling but its up to me and if I am able to skate on it tomorrow morning."

"So you won't know until then. Why don't you call me and let me know if you'll be able to go or not."

"I can wait until you come back home after work and let you know."

"You could but then it'll be harder finding someone to use my ticket."

"What are you talking about?"

"Well if you're not playing, it'll be either you won't stay for the game or you'll sit up in the box right?"

"Yeah."

"Would you rather I go and sit with my friends or be with you? I don't see where this is a hard choice unless you don't want me with you."

"I always want you with me, you know that. I just didn't think you would want to leave your friends and come sit with me up in the box."

"I think they're at the point of understanding that if you don't play, I'm going to be where you are unless you plan something different."

Sidney looked at her and smiled "I would love to have you in the box with me if I can't play" he said then kissed her. "Why don't we go out for dinner tonight?"

"I'd love it."

"Then go change into something beautiful and we will head out."

"Sid, it's only 3p."

"Ok then, how about we continue this" kissing her neck "and then we'll go out for dinner in a couple hours."

"I like that even better." They continued on with their make out on the couch but was soon interrupted by Karen's cell phone going off. Sidney reached for it and handed it to her. She flipped it opened and answered it "hello."

"I'm free, I'm free. I got my period while I was working today. I can't believe it finally came. I know you said everything would work out and it did. I'm so happy that I am not pregnant. Oh god, how am I going to tell Max? Oh well he'll be happy too. I'm freeeeeeeee" Natalie said and then hung up.

Karen just laughed as she hung up the phone. Sidney looked at her with a very confused look "apparently Natalie isn't pregnant."

"Is that what the doctor told her?"

"She doesn't need to go to the doctor now."

"Well Max will be happy I'm sure."

"You know, we never really talked about this but I don't think I can handle you resenting me knowing I can't have kids."

"I'm not going to resent you baby. I might have had the thought of being lucky we wouldn't have the scare that Nat and Max did, but it just means we can plan a family on our own terms. There are a lot of kids out there that need good homes and one day we could offer that."

"Are you plotting something and dragging Max into it?"

"Me? Plotting something? Never. Where would you get an idea about that?" Sidney said trying not to smile.

"Alright Crosby, just know that I am good at figuring things out."

"That may be true baby, but you won't get this." Sidney just smirked before pulling her closer to him and placing a kiss to her lips.

The next day as Karen was at work, Sidney went to the morning skate and felt his knee was not where it needed to be. After skating for a little bit, he got off the ice and got his gear off, heading for the trainers. He knew the swelling hadn't gone down enough and was a no-go for tonight's game. When he got done, he grabbed his phone and called Karen letting her know before getting his shower and heading out.

Meanwhile at work, Karen found Diane to talk to her about the game.

"Hey girl, got a problem with tonight."

"The problem being?"

"I am going to be up in the box with Sid tonight since he hurt his knee and isn't going to play. Do you know someone who could use my ticket?"

"Well I was going to find you and see if you had someone to give my ticket to. One of the kids is sick and I need to stay home with him."

"So there's two tickets to get rid of."

"Hey girls. It's such a wonderful day" Natalie said coming up to them.

"Someone's happy today" Karen said smiling.

"It's a whole new outlook starting today. Did you know Max got hurt during the Caps game? He didn't say anything to me then but he isn't playing tonight as a precaution, so I will be up in the box with him."

"Ok, so now there's three tickets to give away."

"Why three?"

"Sidney's hurt, will be in the box with him" Karen said then pointed to Diane "and sick child, has to stay home."

"Maybe Sheril has three people to bring?"

"I'll call her and find out. I need to head to lunch now, so I will talk to you girls later." The three of them said goodbye and Karen went to lunch to call Sheril and Sidney.

"Hello."

"Hey stud."

"Hey baby. Didn't I just talk to you like 20 minutes ago?"

"Yeah you did and if you don't want to talk to me, I guess I'll just hang up."

"I will always want to talk to you. Anything wrong?"

"No, just wanted to hear your voice again. Why didn't you tell me Max was also hurt?"

"Didn't think about it I guess, but yeah he's not playing tonight either."

"I know, Nat told me she'll be in the box with him as well. I am trying to find someone for not only our tickets, but Diane and now Sheril's as well."

"Why can't they go?"

"Sheril is sick and one of Diane's kids are sick."

"What are you going to do?"

"Maybe see if there's anyone here that wants them. I don't know, but I'll figure something out. I miss you."

"Mm baby, I miss you too."

"We all miss you Karen."

"Will you guys shut the hell up and let me talk to MY girlfriend."

"Damn girl, give this fool some so he can stop yelling at us."

"Apparently you need to give them more details so they can get off your back stud."

"They get more than enough details baby."

"Really?"

"Don't worry, I leave out the best parts."

"Saving it for the tell-all book?"

"Of course. Alright baby, but I need to go and I will see you in a couple of hours ok?"

"Ok stud. See you at home." They said goodbye and hung up. Karen finished her lunch and wondered what to do with the tickets.

A few hours later, Karen and Sidney left for the arena. They went to the lounge area for a little bit to relax before they needed to head to the owner's box. As they were in the lounge, Karen was listening to talk from some event staffers about how a family of four was trying to get tickets but couldn't get to sit together. Karen excused herself and left the room to the confusion of everyone. She came back about a half hour later, all smiles and rejoined Sidney and the guys.

"Where did you run off to?"

"I just needed to take care of something."

"What aren't you telling me?"

"I don't know. I've already told you that I love you, so I'm good."

"I will find out, you know that baby."

"I know" she said kissing his cheek.

A while later Sidney, Karen, Natalie and Max made their way to the box to watch the game. After two periods, the Pens were up 2-1 and as they stayed in the box during intermission Sidney's attention was on the tv and an interview Dan Potash was doing. He got interested and turned up the volume.

Standing with me is Mark Ashwood and he has a remarkable story about how he came to get his tickets for the game tonight. Now Mark from what you've told me, you were trying to get four tickets to the game tonight but were unsuccessful in getting all four seats together until about 30 minutes before game time, is that right?

Absolutely Dan, I wanted my kids to see the game tonight but couldn't get four seats together. Then when I was about to give up and go home with three unhappy kids, this wonderful woman came up to me and offered her four tickets here in the Igloo seats.

"Baby, look at this. Aren't those your seats?"

Karen looked at the tv "yeah they look like them" she said before turning her attention back to the on ice activities.

Did she say why she was giving them to you?

No, all she said was she couldn't use them and she had heard about my delimma and wanted to help. She wouldn't even take money for them. I could not thank her enough. She definitely made this night with my kids special.

Well there you have it. A kind heart from someone here at the Igloo. We will be back to start the third period after this.

Karen felt eyes on her and turned around to see not only Sidney, Max and Natalie but Mario staring at her.

"Did you give them your tickets Karen?" Mario asked.

"We were in the lounge when I heard a couple staffers taking about this guy out front trying to get seats together. I had my tickets with me and no one to give them to, so I left to see if he was still outside and gave him mine. It's no big deal."

"Well apparently to him it was for Potash to pick it up."

"Karen" Mario said hugging her "you never stop amazing me."

"Thanks but I did what anyone else would do."

"Are you kidding? Look out there and tell me how many of those people would give up their tickets" Max said before him and Natalie left the suite.

"Max has a point baby."

"Sid if anyone else had a chance to be in any suite or owner's box for a game, then yes someone down there would probably do the same thing I did. It's not a big deal."

Sidney wrapped his arms around her waist and brought her closer to him "it's a big deal to me that you would treat our fans like that. It proves what a great person you are and I love that about you."

"So what do you want to do, tell the entire 17,132 sell out crowd that YOUR girlfriend was the one who was so generous?"

"Maybe. Would you let me?"

"No, I don't want bombarded with hate mail or threats on my life thank you."

"Wouldn't happen baby. I love you to much to let anything happen to you" he said placing a kiss to her lips. Soon everyone else came back as the third period started. The Pens ended up winning 3-1 and they headed down for Sidney to see the guys. Karen was sitting in the lounge area when Dan Potash came down and asked to see her out in the hallway for a minute. As she walked out, she saw the tv camera and knew someone said something.

Thanks Rob, I am standing here with the woman who generously gave up her tickets to a father and his three kids so they could see the game tonight together. Now Karen, what made you give up your tickets?

I just had the opportunity to sit somewhere else and didn't really want my tickets to go to waste, so when I heard that there was a gentleman outside trying to get seats together from the box office, I went out and offered him mine.

I understand that you are good friends with Mario and that was who, I guess you could say told on you. He was the one who invited you to sit in the owner's box with him tonight but he never expected you to be so giving.

It was a simple choice to make Dan. I didn't do it for the recognition from you or Mario, I just wanted to help out so some kids could see their favorite team win tonight. It's what anyone else would have done.

Thank you Karen and from what I have heard about this young lady from the other Penguins in the locker room, she is more special than she's letting on. Back to you in the studio.

"Sorry about that but both Mario and Sidney told me to get you to confess that you were the one who gave up your tickets."

"Yeah, nice twist there bringing me on camera."

"I just do what the boss tells me to. Thanks again for the interview and I will keep it under wraps about you and Sidney."

"I figured one of them had to tell you." Dan left Karen in the hallway and couldn't believe they did that to her. She walked back into the lounge and saw both of them standing there, going over to hug them "you couldn't let it go huh?" she said smiling at them.

"Don't look at me, it was all Sid's idea" Mario said with a smile then left.

"Baby, I just thought they would want to know who it was. I'm sorry for doing it if you're mad."

"I'm not mad and he kept you out of it so it's all good."

"It's going to be fine if people know about us."

"If you want to announce it, then it's fine but I know how fans can get finding out you're not 'available' for them."

"I'll deal with my fans baby, ok? As long as you and I love each other, the world of hockey fans will understand in time. It's about us, remember?"

"I know."

"Besides, I just want the fans to know how sweet you are."

"Ah, let them have a perfect picture of me in their minds then have them hate me."

"Will you just stop."

"Ok fine, I'll stop" she said kissing him "but you know I'm right."

"I know you're right baby." Sidney brought her closer for another kiss before heading out and going home.

4 comments:

KZ said...

I would just like to say that I love this story. Sid and Karen are adorable together =]

Anonymous said...

i love thissss
they're too adorable.
i want her to realize that marriage isn't all that bad, and Sidney is the perfect man for her. they complete each other :)

Val said...

Fabulous, as always, and glad you made it back from your trip safe and sound...can't wait to see what you have to add after seeing Sid!

CrosbysBabe87 said...

I loved this chapter!!
I can't wait for more.