3.02.2009

Chapter 96

A couple hours later, Karen had dinner done and waited for Sidney to come down. While she was waiting, the phone rang and Karen went to answer it.

"Hello."

"Hey girl its me."

"Hey Nat, what's going on?"

"Could you maybe not go in with Sidney and wait for me for us to go together?"

"Sure" Karen paused for a minute "you told Max didn't you?"

"Yeah I did but we can talk about it later. I want to eat dinner with Max and then when he heads out I will be over, ok?"

"Ok. See you soon." They hung up from each other and Karen got the food on the table.

"Who were you talking to baby?" Sidney asked walking into the kitchen.

"Natalie. She wants to ride to the arena together so we can talk. Mind that I wait for her and then see you there?"

"You know I don't mind. Can I know what's going on?"

"Nat's late and she needed to tell Max."

"Oh man, how late?"

"Well when she told us on Saturday she was 7 days, so now that it's Wednesday...more like 11 days."

Sidney hugged her, holding on "did she say what she was going to do?"

"She didn't know on Saturday so she must have thought about it since then. We all told her to tell Max before she went to the doctor's."

"I guess that's what she did. He said it sounded important when he left today after getting off the phone with her."

"She's afraid that Max will break up with her" she said looking at Sidney.

"Max isn't like that when it comes to responsibilities. He'll do what's right." Sidney leaned down and kissed Karen. When they broke apart and he hugged her, he was thankful that this wasn't a problem for them to go through. He wasn't happy that Karen could never give him kids, he was just thankful it can be on their terms. "They're going to be ok."

"I hope so. Why don't you go get your dad and we can eat?"

"Yes ma'am" he said saluting her. Karen just rolled her eyes and laughed, smacking him on the ass as he left the room. Soon, they came back and all three ate dinner. A half hour later, they were done eating and Karen was cleaning up the dishes. "Dad and I are going to head to the arena. Come see me when you get there?"

"I may need some pursuasion."

Sidney put his hands on her waist and brought her closer to him. He leaned in letting his lip meet hers for a soft, yet passionate kiss that made Karen's knees go weak. When he broke the kiss, he saw Karen standing there with her eyes still closed "I think you'll come see me" he whispered. Sidney kissed her once more before leaving her breathless in the kitchen. Karen opened her eyes and smiled before finishing the dishes.

Twenty minutes later, Natalie arrived and walked in finding Karen in the living room watching tv.

"Hey Nat" Karen said looking at her friend "you ok?"

"I should be. I have a doctor's appointment Friday so I will know then" she said sitting down beside her.

"Need me to go with you?"

"No, I need to do this on my own."

"Nat, what ever happens Friday you're not going to be alone in this. Diane and Sheril have been through it, I can get you up to 5 months, but Max will be there too."

"I know he will. Everything is just coming down all at once and until I know, then I can figure out what to do."

Karen picked up something in her voice "You're not thinking of getting rid of it are you?"

"At this point, I am going over every option but nothing is definite. I just can't be pregnant right now Kiki."

"What are you afraid of Nattie?"

"That I am going to be alone. That Max will wake up one day and walk out on us" she said letting the tears fall.

Karen hugged her friend as her own eyes began to fill with tears "how about we wait until after the appointment before we start making any decisions, ok?"

"Ok."

"Now" Karen started to say as she wiped her eyes "why don't we head to the arena and go spend some time with those sexy men of ours before the game."

"I like the sound of that." Natalie went to the bathroom to freshen up while Karen went upstairs to finish getting ready. A few minutes later, they headed to the arena. When they got there, they walked in and found the guys. Max gave Natalie a hug and kiss before giving Karen a look and a head nod towards the hallway. Karen told Sidney she'd be back and went into the hall with Max close behind.

"What's up Max?"

"Do you think we could get together tomorrow when you're done with work? I need some advice about what's going on with Nat."

"Sure we can. Nat's one of my best friends, practically my sister Max so you know I want the best to happen for her."

"I know and I am not going away either Kiki. She may feel that I might desert her but I'm not like that."

"Its good to know Max. So, why do we need to talk tomorrow if we're talking now?"

"This isn't the place to really get into the conversation. I just wanted you to know I am with her whatever happens."

Karen hugged Max "You never cease to amaze me Max."

"I do have that affect on people" he said still hugging her not realizing Sidney had walked into the hallway.

"Do I get to spend any time with my girlfriend before the game Max?"

"No, she's all mine Siddo."

"Are you going to argue any of this baby?"

Karen looked from Max to Sidney and back to Max "but he's so warm and comfy" she said wrapping her arms tighter around him.

"You guys are cruel" Sidney said walking back into the lounge as they stood there laughing.

"I think you found the perfect guy to compliment you" Max said placing a kiss on her temple and heading back in. Karen stood there for a minute wondering what he meant before heading in herself. She saw Sidney sitting on the couch and went around to sit on his lap.

"Don't think you can make it up now by sitting on my lap baby."

Karen sat there and pouted "I'm sorry but Max needs all the reassuring he can get. Not many people really like him you know."

"Hey now, play nice Kiki" Max said from acrossed the room.

"Well you started it."

"Yes I did" Max said then stuck his tongue out at them making them all laugh. Soon the guys had to get ready and Natalie got Karen away from Sidney to go meet Sheril and Diane.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Thank you for a new chapter, I was starting to go into withdrawl. I can't wait to see what happens friday, and Max's little upcoming chat with Karen.

Val said...

ditto Caitlin on the new chapter...it is great, as usual, and I love that Max and Nat might have a little something going for them other than just sex...more soon, please...

oh, and have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

awww yay, new chapter!
i hope natalie and max are ok.
teasing sid looked like fun too, hope he'll "forgive" her! lol