8.03.2008

Chapter 13

Karen had told her friends what was going on and they were fine with it. They sat around and talked until Sidney arrived. At 2:45p, Sidney came and got Karen then headed out for a late lunch.

Sidney wanted to go somewhere different and Karen asked him if he didn't mind the drive they could head to Robinson and go for wings. Karen had a craving for Quaker Steak and Lube and Sidney hadn't been there before so they decided to head there. They didn't really talk that much on the drive there and that kind of scared Karen. She wondered if indeed Sidney did regret last night and tried to play every scenerio in her head of what he might want to talk about.

They reached the restaurant and went in. It wasn't crowded and Sidney asked for a booth somewhat secluded from everyone else. The hostess didn't quite understand until she recognized Sidney. He asked if she could not make a fuss and she smiled saying she wouldn't. She showed them to a booth in the back corner and when the waitress came over, they ordered their food and drinks then she left them alone.

"Are you ok?" Karen asked "You've been more quiet than usual."

"I'm fine, I just think we need to talk about last night."

Karen told herself that no matter what he says, she wasn't going to cry or get upset. "Ok. What about last night?"

"Did you regret it when you thought I had left you?"

"No. I thought maybe you did when I woke up and you were gone."

"I didn't regret any part of last night." Sidney took her hand and held on to it. "But I still thought you wanted to wait."

"I did, but you were right that there's something going on between us. I think I wanted last night to happen now so we wouldn't have to keep fighting our feelings for each other." Karen saw the look in Sidney's eyes "I know you know what I mean."

Sidney smiled "yeah I do. Everytime we got around each other, there was this electricity between us."

"And I think we just needed to get it under control before we both went crazy."

"Of course it doesn't mean it was a one time deal though, does it?" Sidney asked with his eyebrow cocked.

"Not if you don't want it to be" Karen looked at him with a smile "but the next question would be, where did last night just take us? Friends with benefits or..."

"Would you like it to be more?" Sidney asked hoping he heard the right answer.

"Anybody you ask about me, they'll tell you that I love to be in a relationship, but I can't be like one of those other player's girlfriends that just goes to games and sit around while you're on the road. I love my job, besides when I played with Team USA, I have finally found something I am good at to make a career out of. I don't want to just give that up because we become a couple. I need you to understand that Sid."

Before Sidney could answer her, the waitress came with their food and left.

"I do understand that, really and I could never ask you to give up your job for me. Unless you get a transfer or something, then I would have to protest to keep you here with me. I love that you are independent and know about the pressures of the game. That is one reason why I fell for you." Sidney didn't realize what he said until it was already coming out of his mouth.

"You fell for me?" Karen asked as tears started to form in her eyes.

Sidney locked eyes with her "yes I did and I just hope one day you could feel the same about me."

"I already do."

That was all Karen had to say. They looked at each other and smiled as Sidney grabbed Karen's hand and kissed it. He let her go and they finished eating their lunch. When they were done, Sidney drove around before heading home. He came across an overlook and stopped the car.

"Why did you stop here?"

Sidney never answered her with words, but with a searing kiss. He brought Karen as close to him as he could with their kiss heating up more. Karen pulled away after a few minutes relatively out of breath.

"Ok, wait. I need to make sure I understood what just happened at lunch. Neither of us regreted last night, we both admitted that we fell for each other, and now we are officially boyfriend/girlfriend. Is that right?"

"Sounds right to me. I mean, that is if you want to be my girlfriend."

"I don't know. I have had another admirer come to me and make a similar offer. You might have to persuade me."

Sidney smiled before answering her "well, I am cute from what I've read and been told."

"I can see the cuteness in a handsome, sexy way. What else?"

"I do play hockey which is the hardest game to actually score points in."

"That is true, plus you do wear a uniform and I do love a man in uniform, especially a hockey jersey."

"Well I do have several of them to wear for you whenever you want me to."

"Can I wear them too?"

"Only if that's the only thing you wear?"

"I think that can be arranged. Can we play 1 on 1?"

"Hockey? Any time, any place. Other than hockey? Any time, any place."

Karen couldn't help but let a laugh escape her lips but soon got serious "Are you sure I'm what you want?"

"I couldn't be more sure of anything right now. I need you in my life Karen."

"Good cause that other guy has nothing on you. I think you won by a landslide."

"Can I tell the press about you?"

"And look how fast this relationship just ended?" Karen said trying to be serious but the look Sidney gave her made her bust out laughing. "Could we maybe hold off on telling the press? I know where a lot of the Pittsburgh reporters will take this and I would like to keep the past where it belongs....in the past."

"Ok baby. If they find out it will be on their own."

"Thank you."

Sidney leans in and kisses her, making sure it lasts for a while.

Karen broke the kiss "you know this would be so much better if the consol wasn't in the way."

"We could always get in the back seat."

"Or we could go get my car and then later tonight if you come over, we could find time to continue this."

"I like that idea better."

"I had no doubt that you would."

He kissed her again and then started the engine, going to get Karen's car. When the arrived at Pops', Karen got out and Sidney followed her. After she unlocked the door and threw her purse inside, she turned around right into Sidney's arms. He held her as close as he could and kissed her. Karen brought her hands up and went into his hair, curling her fingers around the strands. They broke apart breathless and got into their own cars. Sidney let Karen lead and followed her. After they got back, Karen went on to her house as Sidney pulled in to Mario's driveway.

Karen walked into the house and found her friends laughing hysterically in the living room. She asked what was so funny and they all pointed to the tv. Karen saw they were watching Finding Nemo and all she could do was roll her eyes and laugh at them. She went into the kitchen to see there was stuff in the blender and poured herself a glass. Taking a drink, Karen almost choked at how strong it was.

"Um guys, what all is in this? It is really strong."

"Yeah, we were just experimenting and this was the third batch so we just started throwing things in." Natalie said.

"I think we over did the vodka in this one" Sheril added "but it needs more juice and maybe coconut rum."

"And you guys plan to just keep experimenting tonight?"

"Of course" Diane said "how else or we going to invent new drinks?"

"Alrighty then."

Karen sat down and finished her drink while watching the rest of the movie with them. Sheril had disappeared in the kitchen and made another batch, which Karen gladly took. After her third glass, Karen heard the door open. She was lying upside down on the chair and looked to see Sidney and a few other players standing in the doorway to the living room.

"What's up bud-dy?" holding out her drink "want some? It's goooooood!"

Sidney couldn't help but laugh at her as he walked over and took her drink from her, sniffing it.

"Oh just take a drink you wimp." After Karen said it, she busted out laughing.

Sidney took a drink and almost spit it out. "My god that is strong. How many have you had baby?"

Karen looked at her hand and held up three fingers to Sidney. He laughed at her and helped her up from the chair. She stumbled a bit but was able to straighten up. "Well look what you brought."

"Karen, you remember Ryan, Jordan and Evgeni from last week."

"Yeppers."

Sidney couldn't stop laughing at her drunkenness. "And this is Max Talbot."

"Nice to see you guys again and Max, nice to meet you" Karen said. "If you guys want something to drink there is some beer in the fridge and harder stuff under the sink. Help yourself to whatever and how ever much you want."

"So what is in this that your drinking?" Ryan asked as he took the glass from Sidney and sipped it.

"Um, vodka...rum...cranberry juice...."

"A lot of Tequila" Sheril yelled from the kitchen.

"And lime juice."

"That sounds pretty potent" as Ryan smiled.

"Some Triple Sec, ice, and Grenadine to help make it more red" Karen continued.

"How much of each did you put in?" Max asked

Karen stood there and thought for a long minute "we don't know, we just kept pouring until we thought it was enough for the four of us and then some."

"So basically stay away from whatever is in the blender" Jordan said laughing. "Since we have a game tomorrow, I think I will just get a beer. Anyone else?"

The guys all agreed and went to the kitchen to retrieve the beer from the fridge. Sidney asked them to get him one as Karen pulled him into the living room. Everyone else was in the kitchen, so Karen grabbed Sidney and kissed him. As they continued to kiss, everybody walked in on them and started making comments. They pulled apart and Sidney sat down on the couch and brought Karen onto his lap.

"We need to play a game or something" Ryan spoke up.

"We could play truth or dare" Natalie said.

"NO!" as Karen and Sidney said in unison as everyone laughed.

"Something you wanna share Sid?" Jordan asked.

"Let's just say that game never ends good."

Sheril spotted a game and got up to get it, walking back in with the box. "Hey guys, let's play Twister."

"Naked Twister?" Evgeni asked with a smile.

"Um, isn't that kinda of difficult with this game?"

"Not really. Want me to show you?"

"Geno, go ask someone that isn't my girlfriend. Let's just play the original way" Sidney said laughing.

"Alright, but she would have loved it" Evgeni stated before sitting down.

Karen leaned to Sidney's ear and whispered "I told you I had other offers."

Sidney just smiled and kissed her. They all got up and waited to see what the first move was. Diane was the spinner since she hurt her back and couldn't play.

1 comment:

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

I have to say that I would love to play naked Twister with Geno.