8.24.2008

Chapter 21

Sunday morning and Karen's cell phone was going off. It took her a minute to figure out that it was ringing. She picked it up and looked at the caller ID. When she saw Sidney's name appear she smiled and answered it.

"Is this my punishment for not letting you stay over last night?"

"Morning baby" Sidney said sweetly.

"Morning my hockey stud. Did you sleep well last night?"

"Well after my very cold shower when I got home, I think I finally dozed off after tossing and turning for a couple hours. I woke up holding on to my pillow."

"Sounds like you were missing someone last night. Why didn't you just stay with your girlfriend last night?"

"Don't be mean baby."

"Sorry" Karen said laughing "what time do you need to get to the arena?"

"I'll leave here about 11:30am. What time are you getting there?"

"I don't think I'm going today. There's a lot of good movies on today that I haven't seen in a really long time, I may stay home and watch them. Do you mind?"

"If you'd rather stay home then come hang out with me before and after the game, I'm sure I can grab one of the puck bunnies that will be outside waiting for me."

"You wouldn't dare Crosby?"

"Oo, did I hit a sore spot baby? Did that change your mind about coming to the game today?"

"I guess since I'll have to now to keep an eye on you."

"Don't sound so thrilled to want to spend time with your boyfriend now?"

"Well now see, you didn't say I could bring my boyfriend too. That changes everything."

"Ok, I'm hanging up now. See you whenever you get to the arena."

Karen was going to say something but heard the line go dead. "Oh, he did not just hang up on me." Karen called him back and was surprised when his voicemail picked up. She couldn't believe he got mad when they always joked around like that. Karen hung up not leaving a voice message and decided to text him instead. She put her phone beside her on the bed and hoped he wasn't mad.

Sidney was laying on the bed when his phone rang. He smiled seeing it was Karen calling back but decided to have some fun of his own. He didn't pick up and waited to see if she would leave a voicemail. A few minutes later, his phone beeped and he saw he had a text, not a voicemail. He opened his phone to read the message.

Please don't be mad.

That was all Karen wrote. Sidney felt bad now that he had her thinking he was mad about her comment. He replied back and got up to get his shower.

Karen was still in bed and started thinking every scenerio in her head about what could come from this. She was about to call him back when her phone went off. She saw a text from Sidney and closed her eyes before opening her phone to see what he wrote.

I am mad...madly in love with you!

Karen smiled and knew he was just getting even from what she said. She shook her head and got up to get a shower.

At 11:15am, Karen was ready and waiting around for her friends to come get her to go to the arena but other plans came around. As she was watching The Breakfast Club on tv, there was a knock at her door and then Sidney appeared in the doorway to the living room.

Karen looked up at him "wow, you look sexy stud. Have a hot date?"

Sidney walked over to her and brought her up to him, kissing her with a very passionate kiss. "Yes I do, with you."

"Ah, a fifteen minute date. What can we do in that amount of time?"

"Well not much since we obviously take longer. I want you to go to the arena with me." Sidney said with a serious look on his face. "I want to walk into the arena with my girlfriend proudly by my side."

"Are you seriously sure about this? I mean really, truly, honestly sure?"

"Yes. From today's game to every home game after this one I want you to go with me."

Karen just smiles at him before bringing him down to her lips. "I don't have to change do I?" she asked when they broke apart. Karen had always worn a jersey to the games and wasn't about to stop.

"No, you look perfect. You ready to go?"

"Yeah, I can call Sheril on the way. They should be on their way too, so they can just head to the arena."

Karen grabbed what she needed and they headed out. Karen called Sheril to tell her plans have changed.

"Hey girl you ready for some hockey?"

"When am I not ready? Hey can you and the other girls meet me at the arena instead of coming to my house?"

"Yeah, that's not a problem but Diane and Natalie couldn't come today."

"Did you find someone else to use their tickets?"

"Of course I did. Steve and his friend Brian are coming."

"Ok. Well, I'm on my way there now, so call me after you guys have parked and are outside."

"Alright girl, see you in an hour."

Karen hangs up and groans "Oh god, today is really going to be fun."

"Have I told you how much I really enjoy your company baby?"

"It has nothing to do with you. Diane and Natalie can't make today's game so Sheril invited her husband and one of his friends."

"You don't like her husband?"

"I adore her husband, it's the friend I'd rather not be with." Karen saw Sidney shoot her a look "he's liked me since school but that was true for every girl. I have been avoiding him and any situation that would put us 'together'. Hopefully I can get Sheril to sit beside me and Brian on the other side of Steve and further away from me."

"Want my help? Maybe I can make him understand to not touch my woman."

"Your woman? Wow that was just so macho of you to say. How do you plan on protecting me when you're on the ice all day?"

"Let's just say, if I see him try anything, I will be in the stands in a second to make sure he doesn't do it again."

"Is that a standard two minute penalty for leaving the ice?"

Sidney just laughed and pulled into the players lot, parking the car.

"I hope this is a good thing that there aren't a lot of people around."

Sidney took Karen's hand in hers and noticed she was lightly shaking. "Baby, there's nothing to be nervous about. Don't even worry about them and if they scream anything, just ignore them. Ok?"

"Ok" Karen smiled when Sidney kissed her hand. They got out and Karen quickly glanced at the few people standing around. She was actually looking for one in particular but didn't see her. Sidney snapped her out of her thought and grabbed her hand to walk through the parking lot and inside. Karen heard a few whispers among the rest of the crowd calling out Sidney's name. He waved and smiled before leading Karen inside.

"See that wasn't so bad."

"No it wasn't, but I don't expect the same reaction if we leave together."

"You need to get used to it."

"Can't I just keep you all to myself, naked and tied to my bed?"


"The naked part I like, but not so much on tying me up."

"Yeah, we'll see."

Sidney leads her down the hallway to the Pens' lounge. They walk in and have a seat one of the couches. After a while, other players come in and they head to the locker room to get changed. Sidney told Karen she could stay until her friends get there. Karen saw a few other women come into the lounge and she figured they were some wives and/or girlfriends. She felt a little out of place especially when none of them talked to her. She was brought back when her cell phone went off.

"Hello."


"Hey girl. We are outside waiting to get in. Where are you at?"

"I am actually in the player's lounge. Sidney went to get dressed for the game so I am hanging out until I heard from you."

"Well get your ass up here woman."

"Ok, I'll be up."

Karen sent a quick text to Sidney telling him she was going outside to meet up with her friends and left. She walked out of the entrance she had gone in with Sidney and up to the front doors. She saw Sheril and walked over to them. Karen saw a few girls staring and pointing at her realizing they saw her walk in with Sidney...holding his hand. She brushed it off and the doors were soon opening, with them going in and to their seats, with Brian seating next to Karen.

"How have you been Karen?"

"I've been good Brian. What's new with you?"

"Nothing, just working. I was wondering if after the game, you would want to get some dinner with me."

"I appreciate the offer but I am dating someone." Karen scanned the ice and saw Sidney skating around for warm ups. She watched him intently until she saw him look up at her.

"I'm sure he won't mind that you are having dinner with an old friend."

Karen points to the ice and to Sidney staring directly at him not looking happy. "Well, you could ask him. He right down there watching you hit on me."

"You have got to be fucking kidding me. You and Crosby? I don't believe it."

"Um, Sheril, who am I dating?"

"Sidney. We all hung out last weekend between games. He even brought over Jordan, Max, Whit, and Geno. Sorry dude, but you don't have a chance."

Karen just looked back to the ice and shot Sidney a smile and a wink telling him it was ok. He smiled and nodded before going back to warm ups.

The game started with a scoreless first period, the Pens put their team up 2-0 in the second. The happiness was short lived when the Rangers came back to tie it up in the third. It would stay tied and the game went to overtime. The Pens ended up breaking the tie and getting the goal. The arena erupted and Karen watched as Sidney and his teammates acted like children on Christmas for advancing to the Eastern Conference Finals. After they shook hands with the Rangers, Sidney motioned for Karen to head back down in a little bit. She smiled and nodded to tell him ok.

A little bit later, Karen headed back down to the locker room and waited around outside in the hallway. She felt an arm around her shoulder and a familiar voice in her ear.

"Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes."

Karen didn't even need to look at him since she knew who it was "Brendan Shanahan and here I thought I would get through this round of playoffs without seeing you."

"Not a chance babe. Want to relive that night?"

"No thanks, once was definitely enough for me."

"Come on, you might actually enjoy it this time."

Karen was about to respond when someone else spoke up for her.

"Hey Shanny, mind getting your arm off my girlfriend?"

"Gee Karen, picking them kind of young aren't we?"

"Jealous Shanny?"

"Not at all" Brendan takes his arm off Karen's shoulder "call me if you ever get bored."

"I wouldn't spend your entire offseason waiting by the phone."

"I'll wait anywhere you want me too" Shanny said then walked away laughing. Karen just rolled her eyes and shook her head in disgust.

"You ok baby?"

"Yeah. He just gets under my skin acting like that." She looks up to Sidney and pulls him close to her "I'm just glad my protector stepped in and got all macho. I'm kind of liking this side of you."

"It only comes out when it needs to. Ready to go celebrate?"

"Of course, but you still need a shower."

"Want to join me?" Sidney said whispering in her ear and sending a shiver down body.

"There are way too many people around to see me go in there with you."

"What if I can make to where no one will see you? Will you join me then?"

Karen smiled and bit her lip, telling Sidney in not so many words that she was game. Sidney grabbed her hand and led her back to the lounge. They sat down on the couch and talked to some of the other players but Karen knew he was waiting it out for most everybody to leave. When there was a few left, Sidney told Karen that he was going to get his shower so they can go. Karen just smiled at him and watched him leave. She saw the last of the players and personnel leave and got up to head to the showers. Karen looked around to make sure there wasn't anyone around. The coast was clear and she undressed, walking into the open showers. She found Sidney standing under the water, letting it fall over him. Karen walked over to him and wrapped her arms around him. Sidney turned around and pulled her under the water with him before she had a chance to protest.

"Why did you pull me completely under? People are going to know I was in here now."

"I'm sure if there is anyone left in the building, they will see your pile of clothes and know exactly why you are in here."

"Like this hasn't happened before in any arena around the NHL."

"I'm sure it has, but this is a first for me."

Sidney looks at Karen and brings his hand up, putting it on her neck and pulling her to him for a searing kiss. She wraps her arms around him feeling every muscle in his back move. Sidney pushes her up against the wall and lifts her leg up, holding it up against his hip. Karen moved her hand from his back and around to his chest. She felt every inch of him while he kissed her. Before Karen had realized it, Sidney let go of her leg and turned her around so she was facing the wall. He kept his arm around her waist and slightly bent her to the wall. Karen put her hands against the wall and leaned her forehead in, resting it there too. She felt Sidney enter her from behind and push her up to the wall. He moved his hand from her around her waist and felt his way to her mound. Sidney cupped her in his hand and rubbed her feverishly, making her softly moan. He began to move inside of her and Karen clutched the wall like she was trying to dig her fingers into the tile and hold on to it. She felt Sidney kiss her neck sending tingles throughout her body. Karen could feel her orgasm building within her body and just when she thought she was going over the edge, Sidney pulled out of her and turned her back around to face him. Karen leaned back against the wall and Sidney lifted her leg, plunging back into her. His lips captured hers in a hard kiss as he continued thrusting into her heated core. Sidney went deeper and harder bringing out Karen's orgasm. She left his mouth and moaned out his name, not caring if someone was still around to hear. As soon as Sidney felt her muscles tighten around him, he thrusted one more time in her before pulling out and releasing himself over her stomach. Sidney kept Karen in a close embrace and she looked up at him, kissing him. He pulled himself away from her and washed her stomach before turning off the water. He grabbed a towel and dried her off first, going very slow over every inch of her body.

"You keep doing that and we're never getting out of here."

Sidney worked his way back up her body and wrapped the towel around her. Karen took the towel and secured it around her as he went to get his own towel. She was about to grab the towel from him to return the favor, but Sidney just smiled and stepped back to dry off and wrap the towel around his waist. He grabbed Karen's hand and led her out of the showers. She picked up her clothes and was about to get dressed when she heard voices. Karen looked at Sidney and he told her to go back in the showers and get dressed in there while he went to get dressed himself.

Karen was done and came out. She looked at herself in the mirror and she was glad her hair was in a ponytail and stayed pretty well. She rung out the excess water and took the towel to dry it. Karen also dried her bangs and fluffed them as best she could. The one thing she was happy about was that she always had an emergency stash of make up in her pocket. She pulled out the compact and lightly applied it. Karen figured if they were heading somewhere to finish celebrating their win, she should look like she did before their shower romp. When she looked presentable, she walked to the locker room and found Sidney gathering his stuff.

"Hey."

"Hey yourself" he said smiling at her, "is it possible for you to look even more beautiful?"

"I don't think so" she said but soon felt Sidney's lips on hers. "Did you see anybody?"

"Yeah, there were some left over workers leaving. I think we're good to go."

"Speaking of go, where are we going?"

"Jordan was going to has everyone over, but if you want to just go home before you have to leave in few hours, they'll understand if we don't show up."

"We can head over to Jordan's. I don't want to always keep you from them, especially to celebrate a big win."

"See, this is another reason I love you. Anybody else would rather keep me all to themselves but you don't."

"Oh, I want you all to myself, believe me, but you guys are a family. In a weird way, you need them more then you need me. Like I said, just look behind everyone and you'll see me there waiting for you, always."

"I love you baby."

"I love you too."

They kiss once more and head out. Karen was thankful that nobody was left in the parking lot when they got to the car. Sidney started the car and pulled out, going to Jordan's apartment.

No comments: