8.14.2008

Chapter 16

Karen was a little put off by Troy's comment and instead of commenting back, she blew it off.

"I need to get going Sid. I have things to do before I head to Wheeling later. When you get some free time, call me." Karen kissed Sidney on the cheek and gave his dad a polite smile before walking off. Sidney knew Karen had to be upset by what his dad said and went after her.

"Baby, wait" Sidney said as he caught up to her. "I'm sorry. He shouldn't have said that to you."

"Its ok Sid, really. Tell you the truth, I didn't expect anything less. He has a right to be leary about who you're seen with."

"I'll talk to him tonight, ok?"

"If you think it will do any good" Karen shrugged

"Please don't be like this."

"I'm sorry, but I told you this would happen. They are going to see us together, judge by what they see before they ask what's going on."

"I know you did" he said hugging her "and I should have called my parents and told them about you before we got together. I just didn't want to put off what we have now to later."

"What are you talking about?"

Sidney turned around and told his dad he was going to walk Karen out then he would be back. They walked to the doors and Sidney stopped her, pulling her to the side.

"The day you and your friends came here, I was hooked and wanted to know more about you. I don't know if you would really call it 'love at first sight', but something drew me to you. When you guys stayed around to play against us, you impressed me with your skills. I was hooked even more and when you left, I thought I found the perfect girl and just watched you walk out of my life. I was so happy when Mario asked you to dinner that night and when you asked me to go along with you to Pops, I knew something was going to happen between us. If I would have talked to my parents first, or anyone for that matter, I might have missed out being with you. You could be with someone else right now."

"Not when you had the same affect on me. I knew about you from what I read on the internet or in the papers but that day, something was there. I saw that there was more to you, more that I wanted to know. I guess that's why I asked you to go with me to Pops, I wanted to know if my instincts about wanting to be with you were right. It's weird that no one will see that this is why we click together so well. After you talk to your dad and if he's still skeptical of this relationship, we'll figure something out later."

"So, what? If he still doesn't approve then you'll break up with me?" Sidney asked not sure if he wanted to know the answer.

Karen brought her hand up and caressed his cheek with her finger "no, it just means we stay together for us. That is, if that's what you want too?"

"That is definitely what I want."

Karen inched her head closer to Sidney and let their lips meet in a soft kiss. Karen moved her hands to his neck and brought him closer to her as Sidney wraps his arms around her and held on to her tightly. After a minute, they broke apart and Karen walks out of the building telling him goodbye. Sidney watched her leave, only to turn around and see his dad staring at him.

"I'm going to get a shower and then we can head out" Sidney said as he walked past his dad and back to the locker room.

A while later, Karen was at home and sitting on the porch. She replayed the whole day in her head. There was so much she could have said to Sidney's dad but at the time, she didn't have the guts to say it. Maybe she didn't want to for fear of putting a wedge between her and Sidney. "Damn, I am in love with him." Karen knew that admitting it to herself, she was allowing herself to possibly get hurt again. She let the tears that had welled up in her eyes fall freely, not bothering to wipe off her cheeks.

Meanwhile at Mario's house....

"I don't want you seeing her Sid. These playoffs are important and getting involved with anyone now is not a good idea" Troy said sternly

"Anyone or Karen? I know this is not what you want to hear but I love her dad."

"You've only known each other for a week, how can you love her?"

Sidney slumped into the couch and sighed "because when I am with her, everything else disappears."

"Son, you know I am just looking out for your best interest here. I have seen what girlfriends can do to careers, I don't want it to happen to you." Troy said sitting down beside Sidney.

"Dad, I understand but she is good for me. Do you know she played hockey?"

"No, I didn't know. Who for?"

"Team USA in the '98 Olympics. That is one reason we connect, she knows the game and what pressures I am under. She even schooled me on a move. I read that play perfectly and she changed it at the last moment and scored" he said with a light laugh.

Troy saw Sidney's face light up talking about Karen and thought back to his other girlfriends knowing he never talked about them the way he talked about her. "I'm not going to continue to fight with you about her when you have so much going on right now. Maybe when you come home during the off season, you can really think if she's what you want in your life. Just be careful until the playoffs are over, that's all I am asking."

"I will, but you'll see how good she is for me dad." Sidney hugged his dad and got up, "I'm going to go see Karen before she leaves tonight."

"Where does she go?"

"She works in Wheeling during the week and spends her weekends up here. Her house is three down from Mario's. Since she has season tickets, she does come up for the games during the week, but the weekend is when we spend the most time together."

"Maybe I can sit down and talk to her to get to know her better. Even apologize for what I said earlier."

"I would like that, thanks dad. I'll be back in an hour when she leaves."

Sidney heads out of the house and Troy just walks to the door and watched his son run down the street.

"You know Sid's right, she is good for him Troy" Mario said walking up behind him. "Karen has been a friend of mine and Nathalie's for a long time, she is a wonderful and caring person. Just meet her, you'll think the same too."

Troy looked at Mario and gave him a nod. They walked back to the living room and talked.

Back at Karen's...

Karen was still sitting on the porch and just staring into space. Her cell phone ringing brought her out of her thoughts. She looked at the caller ID and smiled.

"Hey Sammie, what's up?"

"Hey girl. Just wanted to share some good news with you."

"What's the news girl?"

"Jason proposed and we're GETTING MARRIED!!!!" Samantha screamed into the phone.

"Congratulations girl. I'm happy for you both, he's a lucky guy." Karen said with little excitement.

"You ok? I think you're happy for me, but I can't really tell. What's up?"

Karen started to tell Samantha, not realizing Sidney was standing close enough to hear but not be seen.

"I somewhat met Sidney's dad."

"Somewhat? Is that possible? What was he like?"

"He was judgemental like I kind of knew he would be."

"Well all fathers are like that after meeting the girlfriend for the first time. Did you tell him all about yourself?"

"I didn't get a chance Sam. He made a comment and I left, I didn't want to stay around to finish hearing what he had to say about not being right for Sid."

Sidney hated hearing the sadness in Karen's voice.

"You know this can only mean one thing?"

"I know what it means Sam, you don't have to say it."

"Then maybe you need to say it to yourself. Come on, it'll make you feel better if you admit it to yourself out loud."

"I love him Sam" Karen said it softly, but it was loud enough for Sidney to hear her.

"It'll be ok Karen. We all saw the way Sid was looking at you that weekend and knew he was the one for you."

"But to feel this way this soon...it's rare."

"But if it feels right..."

"Then it can't be wrong. Thanks Sam."

"What are best friends for? Listen I've got to go, but you hang in there and if you need to talk, call me."

"I will. Tell Jason I said hi and congrats again girl. I am really happy for you guys."

"Will do. Bye Kiki."

"Bye Sammiekins."

They both laugh as they hung up. Karen put her cell phone down and settled back into the chair.

"Maybe this is right" Karen said out loud but wasn't expecting the response she got.

"I think it's right too" Sidney said as he came onto the porch.

"When did you...were you...did you hear...?" Karen said stumbling for words.

"Yes, I heard what you said."

Karen sat there for a minute to gather her thoughts but then Sidney kneeled down to look into her eyes. She was scared at what he was going to say to her and decided to get up and walk past him, going inside.

"Karen, wait" he said following her to the living room. "Let me tell you what I was going to say outside."

"I don't think I want to know" Karen said not facing Sidney but he turned her around to him.

"I want you to know that I feel the same way...I love you too."

Karen tried to walk away again, but Sidney kept ahold of her "it's too soon to say this to each other Sid."

"Maybe it is, but it's how I feel about you. If you didn't feel this way, why did you say it to Sam?"

"She said that when we were together last weekend, they all saw it and could tell how we felt about each other. She told me that the sooner I admitted it to myself, the better it would be."

"I knew I liked her" he said to lighten the mood.

"Sid?"

"Baby, this isn't going to end things between us just because we said out loud how we feel about one another. I'm relieved that its out there because now it's not nagging at me to try to find the right time to tell you. Now we can continue to be together and learn more about each other without wondering how the other feels."

Karen got out of his grip and moved away from him "but admitting it to myself and now you, it sets me up to get hurt again. I figured if I could hold my feelings about you in, I would be fine if something happened between us." The last part Karen said, she said it without looking at him.

Sidney walked towards her and lifted her chin so he could look into her eyes "I love you. It might be too soon, but I do love you." He leaned in, kissing her "you admitted it to Sam and you admitted it to yourself....now just admit it to me."

Karen looked into Sidney's eyes and saw what they held for her. Just then, she couldn't stop the words that came out of her mouth "I love you."

Sidney smiled and kissed her again. As they continued kissing, he moved them over to the couch and sat down, bringing Karen down on his lap so she was straddling him. Sidney found the bottom of Karen's shirt and lifted it over her head. He recaptured her lips as his hands worked to unhook her bra and removed it from her body. Karen felt Sidney lift her off him and lay her down on the couch with his body covering her. She grabbed his shirt and pulled it over Sidney's head. As they laid there kissing, Sidney thrusted his hips into her as his hands covered her breasts and massaged them. Karen could feel him getting harder and it was turning her on. She arched her back into his touch and grabbed the arm of the couch, digging her fingers into the fabric. Sidney left her lips and went to her neck, whispering to her.

"Touch me" he reaches up and grabs one of Karen's hand, placing it inside his shorts and over his erection. "Can't you feel what you do to me?"

Sidney removes his hand from over hers and slides his fingers under the waistband of her shorts. He moves his hand completely inside her panties and finds her mound. Sidney begins to rub over her clit and soon his fingers found their way inside her. As he pumped his fingers in and out, Karen began to stroke Sidney until they were both moaning their pleasures. Karen couldn't stand it any longer and pulled her hand out of Sidney's shorts, prompting him to remove his hand from her's. Sidney got off of Karen to remove her shorts and underwear, throwing them on the floor. He then took off his own and laid back down on top of Karen. She moved her leg and wrapped it around his, opening her up to him. Before they both realized, Sidney had plunged deep into her heated center. They stayed motonless for a moment before he began to pump into her. Sidney went harder and deeper when Karen moaned into his ear. She felt her orgasm building and when Sidney hit her G spot one last time, Karen couldn't hold in her scream when she came. As she did, her muscles contracted around him drawing out Sidney's own orgasm. When he was done filling her up, Sidney pressed his forehead to Karen's and stayed there until they calmed down from their highs. Sidney pulled out of Karen but stayed on top of her, bringing his lips down to hers.

"Sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" Karen asked confused.

"I just got so turned on by you, we didn't use anything."

Karen was impressed by his sincereness "we'll be fine, so don't worry ok?"

"Are you sure? I don't want...."

Karen didn't let him finish "I'm sure."

The look in Karen's eyes told him to not worry. He smiled at her and kissed her again for the hundredth time that day.

"How long before you have to go?"

Karen searched the room for a clock, landing her eyes on the cable box. "I have about 20 minutes, 30 at most."

"What am I going to do without you when I'm in New York for the next 4 days?"

"It'll just be like when I'm gone for work during the week."

"Not really because if you remember, I was able to come down and see you when I missed you. That would be one long ass drive if I get that urge again."

"Aww, poor baby. I guess you'll just have to stay at the hotel, pine for me and wait until we see each other when you get back."

"Only if we can do more of this."

"Have you always been a sex fiend? Or is this something new?"

"I think I am definitely not new to this, but I wouldn't call me a sex fiend either. I just think you bring it out in me. But what about you? You jumped the gun when you told me how you wanted to wait. What do you call that?"

"The 'it's been too damn long' syndrome."

"How long has it been for you?"

"No one since that disaster night with Shanny."

"Damn, you're right it has been a long time. No wonder you pounced on me that first time."

"I did not pounce on you. Of course it wasn't like you had a second thought to turn me down either."

"Don't you know by now how irresistable you are to me?" As soon as Sidney said it, Karen looked away from him but was brought back to him "what's wrong?"

"Nothing" she said looking at the clock. "I need to get going."

"I know" he said with a defeated look.

Sidney got off Karen and picked up his clothes, handing Karen hers as well. They got dressed in silence and when Karen was done, she walked out of the room. Sidney wondered if he struck a nerve about something and followed her to her room. He saw her grab her bag and look around to see if she forgot anything. She started back out of the room when Sidney stopped her.

"I need to go Sid."

"You will, just tell me what's wrong and don't tell me nothing."

"It's not you and you didn't do or say anything wrong. I just have a hard time believing people when they give me certain compliments. I was never the 'pretty one' out of my group of friends and I would get jealous to see them happy when I always thought I never would be."

Sidney wrapped his arms around her "are you happy now?"

"Yes."

"Good and between you and me, out of all your friends that I have met, you are the pretty one. At least in my eyes."

"You need to stop being this charming towards me. It will ruin your reputation."

"And what reputation is that?"

"Your 'I'm the best hockey player in the world, everybody needs to worship me' reputation." Sidney tried to keep a straight face but laughed when Karen cracked a smile. "Sorry, I couldn't resist. But you have to admit, professional athletes do have a certain rep they have to hold up to."

"True, but I am out to prove a lot of people wrong. Especially when it comes to my personal life."

"Well you can prove whatever you need to, I will be the one in the background waiting for you."

"You will never be in the background" Sidney whispered as he kissed her.

The kiss would have lasted all night if Karen wouldn't have stepped away "sorry but I need to go."

"Oh alright" Sidney said dejected. "Will you drop me off at Mario's please?"

"Of course."

Sidney grabbed Karen's bag with one hand and her hand with the other. They walked downstairs and Sidney headed outside while Karen turned off the lights and closed the door behind her, locking it. They got in her car and she pulled out of the driveway to Mario's house. Karen put the car in park and Sidney unbuckled his seatbelt so he could get closer to Karen. He leaned in and kissed her.

"Is this our official goodbye every weekend?"

"Well if you stop coming to see me an hour before I need to leave, we wouldn't be doing this every Sunday night."

"You could always be packed and we could hang out here before you go."

"I'm sure Mario would love that, especially if we continue to do what we do before I leave."

"Yeah, you are kind of loud. If you could be a little bit more quieter then there won't be a problem."

"You know, your moans can fill a room too. So don't lay this all on me."

Sidney just laughed before diving in for another kiss. "Ok, upon my better judgement, I am going to get out of this car and watch you drive away again. I will miss you but will think of you everyday until I see you when I get back."

"Just look at it this way, by the time you get back from New York, I will be home a day later. So it works out perfectly."

"If you say so." Sidney caressed her cheek and looked lovingly into her eyes "I love you."

Karen smiled as her heart started to beat faster "I love you too."

They kissed again and Sidney got out of the car. Karen drove away and he stood there until he didn't see the tail lights before heading inside.

No comments: