2.28.2009

Chapter 95

The team got back late Tuesday night from Philly. By the time Sidney got home, Karen was up and getting out of the shower to go to work. She was surprised when she stepped out of the bathroom and saw him sitting on the bed.

"I think you should wear that to work baby."

"What are you doing here? I didn't think you'd be home until tomorrow morning."

Sidney got up and walked over to her, wrapping his arms around her towel clad body "since we play tonight, we left after the game."

"Well then you need to get to bed and sleep for a few hours."

"Do you have time to help tire me out?" he asked with eager, pleading eyes.

Karen looked at the clock and she had gotten up earlier than she normally did and knew she had plenty of time "I probably do have time."

"Well don't get excited about it or anything" Sidney said letting her go and walking to the bed. Karen just smiled and when he went to sit on the bed, she stood in front of him and dropped her towel. "Are you trying to entice me now?"

"No, but I have to get rid of the towel to get dressed. If you don't want to take advantage, then I will just take a few steps back and finish getting ready."

Sidney didn't make a move, so Karen took a step back. He still didn't move towards her and Karen took another step. Sidney sat there and smiled but when Karen turn and went to the dresser to pull out her clothes, Sidney jumped up and grabbed her "not so fast." He turned her around to face him, leaning in and kissing her. Sidney's hands roamed over her naked body with light touches that made Karen's body shiver. She began to undress him and Sidney broke the kiss to help. When he was completely undressed, he moved them towards the bed. He picked her up and put her in the middle of the bed, getting on the bed and covering his body with hers.

"Not to kill the mood, but where's your dad?"

"In the bedroom downstairs" he whispered.

"Good to know" she said before turning them over so she was on top. Karen moved her hips over him, getting a low moan to escape his lips. She felt him get harder as she continued her assault. Karen stopped and sat up on her knees, placing herself over him and sliding down on him. Karen stayed still for a minute before moving her hips in an upward motion. She put her hands to the sides of Sidney and leaned forward as she began to ride him. Sidney loved how Karen took control sometimes. It gave him a chance to watch her facial expressions, to watch her touch herself. It turned him on more knowing she didn't stay reserved and relied on him during their lovemaking. When she sat up, Sidney sat up with her and wrapped his arms around her. He let her be in control for a few more minutes before lying her on her back. Sidney got on his knees and hovered over her, pounding into her as hard as he could. Karen grabbed the bedframe at the foot of the bed letting her body enjoy the sensations Sidney brought upon her. As Karen's orgasm got closer for release, Sidney laid down on her bringing them over the edge together.

"If this is going to be a new ritual for us, I'm going to need to get up about a half hour earlier than normal."

"I just couldn't wait until tonight after the game."

"I don't buy that, but I don't have the time to argue it either since I now have 15 minutes left to get ready and leave on time" she said looking at the clock.

"Ok, I could have waited, but I wanted you to have a great start to your day."

"You just keep digging yourself deeper, huh?" she said laughing.

"Apparently" Sidney rolled off of her and let her up. Karen leaned back down and kissed him before getting her clothes and heading back into the bathroom. After she shut the door, Sidney knew what he wanted and hoped he could get her to want the same thing. A few minutes later, Karen emerged dressed and walked over to the bed.

"I'll see you when I get home."

"I'll be here. Have a good day baby."

"I will. Love you."

"Love you too." Sidney kissed her and watched her leave the bedroom. When he heard the front door close and her car start up, he went to the bathroom before getting back into bed and falling asleep.

Later that morning, Sidney had gotten up and headed to the arena for the morning skate. When their practice was over a couple hours later, the guys were in the locker room getting dressed to head out.

"Max, mind meeting me for a few minutes?"

"Sure, anything wrong?"

"No, just need some advice." They decided where to meet and each finished getting ready, heading out. A few minutes later, they met up and sat down.

"So what's going on Sid?"

"I've been thinking more and more about wanting to ask Karen to marry me."

"Really?" Max asked surprised "You've only known each other for 9 months, how can this be possible?"

"I love her Max. Everyday I am with or without her, I can't think of anything but her."

"I have the same feelings towards Natalie, but they aren't geared towards marriage. Are you sure this is what you want? Maybe you are just scared that something will take her away and you're just thinking marriage will keep her with you."

"Maybe but I don't want to be without her."

"Ok, what's really going on Sid?"

"I'm afraid that if I do ask her to marry me, she'll say no."

"She loves you almost as much as you love her, why would she say no?"

"Her last relationship made her realize that she could be loved and have mariage be a possibility and then it all got taken away from her. She's said that she doesn't know if she wants to get married. I just think if I find the right time to ask her, she'll say no and it'll crush me. I want her in my life Max."

"So you think that if she says no, it'll put a strain on your relationship?" Sidney just gave Max a look. "Maybe you need to just come out and tell her."

"Maybe you could. That's why I wanted to talk to you. Max, you and Karen are relaxed around each other and you are dating one of her best friends. I need your help with this."

"What do you want me to do Sid?"

"Just talk to her and see if you could figure out if I'm right about this. I need to know before I go ahead with this."

"You have it planned out already?"

"I have it planned in my head how I want to do it. Please Max, I need an insider and she won't suspect you like she would her friends."

"I can't just ask her straight out about it."

"No, but you could talk to her about Nat and then work into it."

"Alright Sid, I will help you." Just then Max's cell phone rang and he saw it was Natalie. He excused himself to answer it. Sidney sat there and thought about dragging Max into this. He needed leverage but more important, he wanted to make sure this was going to happen. Max made his way back over to the table "I need to head out. Natalie is on her way up here and she wanted to talk before the game. Hang in there and I will help you on this. I don't want you to lose Karen either, especially since I'm not available to date her."

"Thanks Max and if you could keep this to yourself..."

"I won't say a word man. See you tonight."

They said goodbye and then parted ways. Sidney went home knowing Karen would be home soon.

As soon as Max got to his apartment, Natalie was inside waiting for him. When he saw the look on her face, he knew he wasn't good news he was about to hear. But like Sidney and Karen, he was falling for her and would do anything to keep her in his life.

"Hey beautiful. What's the matter? You sounded so urgent to see me."

"We need to talk Max."

"Ok, I'm listening" he said sitting down beside her and putting his hand on her back.

"I'm late" she said in a voice above a whisper.

Max's eyes widen at what she meant "how many days late?"

"Right now....11 days. I'm scared Max" she said as tears began to fall. Max pulled her into his arms to hold her "I don't know what to do."

"Have you taken a home pregnancy test or gone to the doctors yet?"

"I have an appointment on Friday. What if I am?"

"Then you are" Max said turning her head to look at him "we will deal with whatever happens. You are not alone in this." Natalie offered a sad smile as Max held her closer to him.

By the time Sidney got home, Karen was already there. She was in the living room watching tv with his dad when he walked in.

"Hi dad, baby. It's not time for you to be home yet."

"There was a problem with the system going down and no reason to wait around so I didn't take a lunch and left earlier" she told him as he sat beside her. "I thought you would be here when I got home though."

"Max and I went out for coffee after and then he got a call from Natalie and needed to leave so we left."

"Sounds like it was urgent."

"That what he said. I guess she needed to talk to him about something before the game."

"Oh god, she's telling him now" Karen said with a sigh.

"You know?"

"Yeah, she told us on Saturday while we were watching the game."

"Do I need to leave so you two can talk?" Troy asked.

"No you're fine." Sidney didn't press it and they continued to sit and watch tv, talking every now and then. Around 2, he went upstairs for his nap and motioned for Karen to join him. Troy saw the exchange and just smiled at them. Karen shook her head and went to the stairs to follow him up. "You're going to get me in trouble with your dad by doing that."

"Did I forget to tell you that he likes you now?"

"Uh, yeah you did!"

"Sorry" he said placing a kiss to her lips "wanted to surprise you with the news that apparently both my parents like you now and approve of us living together."

"You're an ass for not telling me."

"I know but you love me anyway."

"That is a debatable argument waiting to happen."

"Oh just admit it, you love me."

"Fine, I admit it...I love you."

"See, was that so hard?"

"Yes it was and you are late getting your nap time. Go to sleep."

"Fine. Will you make me dinner?"

"Always. What are you in the mood for?"

"Just stop" he said kissing her "I love you."

"I love you too." Karen went to walk away but Sidney grabbed her and pulled her back for a searing kiss. They broke apart and he got into bed as Karen walked out of the room and went back downstairs.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I think it will be very interesting to see how Max talks to Karen without the whole thing blowing up in Sidney's face...and I love that Sid's dad seems to like Karen more now!

More soon, please!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see if natalie is pregnant or not!
and i wanna see the whole marriage talk too!
can't wait!

Val said...

I was impressed with how Max handled Natalie's news, and I am with Lauren re: Max talking to Karen, can't wait to see how that goes!