1.10.2010

Chapter 166

*AN - picture of wedding dress at the end of the chapter*



The next morning, Sidney had escaped his dad’s house and headed over to his. Trina saw him pull up and stopped him before he could walk in.

"Sidney Patrick, you better not think about heading where I think you’re heading."

"Come on mom, I just wanted to lay this rose and note on the pillow beside Karen."

"And what if she’s already awake?"

"Mom, we’re already married. There will be no bad luck to follow."

"I don’t care oh son of mine. I will not allow this" she said standing infront of the steps with her arms folded across her chest.

"Fine, then will you put this on the pillow so it’s the first thing she sees when she wakes up?" Trina just sighs and takes the rose from Sidney and walks upstairs. Sidney watched her carefully open the door and then come out a couple seconds later, closing the door behind her and walking back downstairs.

"She was still asleep and will see it ok?"

"Ok. Thanks mom."

"No problem, now go back over to your dad’s and we will see you at the church in a few hours." Sidney kissed his mom’s cheek and walked out to his car, driving away as Trina just laughed and shook her head at his behavior. She went into the kitchen to make some breakfast and wait for Karen to get up.

A half hour later, Karen started to stir and opened her eyes. She turned her head towards Sidney’s side of the bed and smiled. Karen turned on her side and picked up the rose, smelling the sweet scent. She saw a note on the pillow, picking it up and read it.

In a few hours you will be forever mine. I love you!

Karen smiled and put the note down, pulling the rose to her heart. She hoped today went perfect and got up, getting her shower to start her day. When she got out a half hour later, she got dressed in one of Sidney’s button down dress shirts and a pair of shorts. She was standing infront of the mirror when she heard a knock at the door and told whoever was on the other side to come in.

"Morning Karen."

"Morning Trina."

"Um, I really hate to do this, but I need the wedding rings to take to the church. We have a tradition that the rings are already with the minister before the ceremony."

"That’s ok. I knew I would have to give them up at some point today" she said handing them on the necklace to her.

"The other girls are up and eating some breakfast. Did you want anything to eat?"

"My stomach is kind of in knots, but a good way. Maybe I’ll just grab a piece of fruit and some yogurt."

"You’re just nervous about everything going great today and it will. I’ll let you finish getting ready so we can head to the salon in a little bit."

"Ok, I’ll be ready in a few minutes." Trina left her alone and Karen grabbed a couple things before getting her cell phone and making a call.

"Hello."

"Hey stud."

"Mm, my beautiful wife. I’ve been thinking about you."

"You’ve done more than think about me. You came to see me."

"I tried to see you but mom sort of stopped me from making it upstairs."

"Thank you for my rose this morning."

"Your welcome baby, but it’s not like I needed to win you over today or anything."

"Maybe you do."

"What are you talking about?"

"Maybe I need to hear something from you before I can head anywhere today. Any ideas?" she said smiling on the phone.

Sidney smiled himself and knew what to tell her "I love you more than anything. Today only means that from this moment on, it’s you and me." Karen began to tear up listening to him profess his love to her. "I have shared my lows and my highs with you and I want to share so much more and after tonight, there’s no limit baby. I found my life when I found you Karen." He heard a sniffle coming from her end "you ok?"

"I have the man of my dreams telling me he loves me, I’m perfect" she said letting a few tears fall. "I love you more than anything too."

"That’s good to hear from you. So will you meet me tonight?"

"You wait for me at the end of an aisle and I will be at the other end walking to you."

"You know I will wait forever for you, but tonight, you better run towards me" he said getting her to laugh.

"I love you Sidney."

"I love you too Karen."

"Ok, I need to get something to eat and head to the salon to look beautiful for my husband."

"That won’t take long because you are already beautiful baby. I’ll see you in a couple hours."

"Ok. Love you."

"Love you too baby, bye."

Karen hung up and let a couple more tears fall before wiping her eyes and heading downstairs.

After an hour, the girls headed to a salon that Trina had gone to for years. Everyone was getting their turns and Karen had special treatment to make sure everything was taken care of for the wedding. When she got her nails and feet done, she went to the back of the salon to get waxed for the wedding night with Sidney. She wanted to have everything smooth for him, not like she didn't kept up with it anyway, but she wanted it to be extra special for him. A half hour later, she was getting her hair and makeup done. All the girls were done and Karen had about another few minutes to go before they could leave. Karen got done and headed to the front of the salon as all her friends looked at how beautiful she looked. Trina went to pay for their day but the lady told her everything was already taken care of.

"What do you mean?" Karen asked overhearing the conversation.

"Mr. Crosby called while you were getting fixed up and he gave me his credit card number over the phone to pay for it all" the receptionist told her.

"I can’t believe Sid did that" Sheril said shocked.

"I can" Karen told them smiling. They grabbed all their stuff and headed back to Sidney’s house. When they got there, the girls sat around for a little bit until it was time to get dressed.

"You ok Karen?" Natalie asked.

"Yeah, I guess the nerves are finally settling in."

"What do you have to be nervous about?" Diane asked curiously. "You guys have already been living together, all you're doing is making it final."

"I know and it's weird. I shouldn't be feeling this way but I can't help it. After today I come home from work and take care of the house and my husband."

"Maybe it's because you guys never acted like you were truly married."

"That could be it, with a new house and it being us it's going to be weird for the first few months."

"Well, we'll make it easier on you Karen" Sheril said coming over to hug her.

"I may be getting married, but I will never lose my firends." Karen took a deep breath to hold back tears "alright, let's get ready."

Karen helped everyone get ready so they could help her when they were done. Karen was in Sidney’s shirt and her underwear when she was pulling the dress up, unbuttoning the shirt when she got it over her breasts. Trina helped take off the shirt so she could zip up the dress. Karen got situated and then looked into the mirror before turning around to her friends.

"Well?" Karen asked her friends as they looked at her in her dress.

"You look beautiful Karen, even more so then the day you bought it."

"Thanks Trina."

"Really Karen, I don’t think I could have pictured you as beautiful as you are" Natalie added.

"I agree" Sheril started "Sid will fall over when he sees you."

"I think the whole team will" Diane said getting a laugh out of everyone.

"Thanks you guys. I couldn’t have done this without all of you."

Just then the doorbell rang "I guess the limo is here" Trina said leaving to go answer the door.

"Why do I feel more nervous now?" Karen asked her friends.

"You’ll be ok. It’ll be a walk in the park Kiki" Natalie told her. They all walked over to her and had a group hug until Trina came back in and told them it was time to go. They all left her alone for a minute and she looked back into the mirror. Karen closed her eyes for a minute before she smiled to herself and walked out of the room and downstairs, grabbing her bouquet heading outside and to the limo.

After the twenty minute car ride, they pulled up to the church and got out. They were shown to the bridal room until the ceremony was to begin. She smiled when she saw all the vases of different colored roses from Sidney and just laughed knowing he'd do this. Karen found her cell phone and sent a text to Sidney.

Sidney was in the groom room when his phone went off in his pocket. He took it out, reading the message.

You better be at the church getting ready to meet me in a few minutes stud. He smiled and sent a message back.

There is no other place to be right now baby. I bet you look beautiful.

I do and I bet you look as sexy as ever.

Why don’t we meet in the hallway and then we can see for ourselves.

I don’t think that’s possible.

Why not?

Your mom is guarding the door. I think she might have the idea you’ll try to see me before it’s time.

Man she’s tough. I guess I can wait a few more minutes. I love you.

I love you too.

Karen put her phone away and went to look in the mirror one last time as the minister came to tell them it was time to get started before leaving to get ready. The girls all hugged Karen one last time and left to take their seats. Karen stood there by the mirror not hearing someone come in.

"I think they would be proud of you Karen" Mario told her.

"I hope so" she said smiling "I often wonder if they approved since we first started dating."

"Hey, you’re marrying a member of the Penguins organization, your dad would be ecstatic."

"I wish they were here. I have dreamt of this moment for dad to walk me down the aisle since I was 8. Or having mom to talk to last night" she said trying not to cry.

Mario walked over to her and put his hands on her shoulders "they loved you before they died and they still love you Karen. They are here with you just feel them in your heart."

"I always do."

"You ready?" Mario asked stepping back and holding out his hand for her to take.

"I’ve been ready since April" she said taking his hand and heading out the door. They stood at the top by the double doors and waited for their cue.

Sidney had walked out and stood by the minister. Taylor was told to go ahead and she walked down the aisle dropping the rose petals on the carpet. When she reached the end, the wedding march began and the doors opened. Sidney’s heart jumped into his throat when he saw Karen start to walk towards him. Their life together from the day they met until right at this moment flashed through his mind and bringing out a smile. Karen looked at Sidney and smiled herself thinking the same exact thing. As she got closer to him, they locked eyes and their smiles got bigger. Mario handed her over to Sidney, who took her hand and wouldn’t let go of it mouthing I love you and getting the same sentiment from Karen.


2 comments:

sidneyluver87 said...

awwww this was such a cute chapter. sidney is so sweet! :)

Val said...

Gorgeous dress...loved this chapter, it was really great!