1.10.2010

Chapter 167

They stood infront of Reverend Marks as he started the ceremony.

"Friends, we are gathered here today to join Sidney and Karen as they unify their love together as one. I have known Sidney since he was a baby and was baptized by me in this very church. He brought Karen last year at Christmas and I got to see first hand how much love he had for her, only to see she held that same love in her eyes for him. Sidney, Karen...please turn and face each other as you are about to pledge your vows to each other.

As they turned towards each other, Sidney saw the tears that welled up in Karen's eyes waiting to spill over. They smiled at each other as Reverend Marks had Sidney begin.
 
"I, Sidney, take you, Karen, to be my wedded wife, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live."

Sidney saw the tears stream down her face as she heard him pledge his love for her. Then Reverend Marks told Karen it was her turn. She took a deep breath and started.

"I, Karen, take you, Sidney, to be my wedded husband, my constant friend, my faithful partner and my love from this day forward. In the presence of God, our family and friends, I offer you my solemn vow to be your faithful partner in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, and in joy as well as in sorrow. I promise to love you unconditionally, to support you in your goals, to honor and respect you, to laugh with you and cry with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live."

Sidney reached his hand up and wiped away the tears from her cheek before wiping away his own.

"Sidney, please take this ring and place it on Karen's finger, while repeating after me."

"With this ring, I thee wed." As Sidney placed the ring on her finger, Karen looked down and realized it wasn't her wedding ring that she's had around her neck since April. She looked at Sidney who just shrugged his shoulders and smiled at her.

"Karen, please take this ring and place it on Sidney's finger, while repeating after me."

"With this ring, I thee wed." Karen slid the ring on Sidney's finger who laced his fingers with hers afterwards and turned back towards Reverend Marks.

"By the powers vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife. Sidney, you may kiss your bride."

Sidney put his hands to her cheeks and brought her closer to him as their lips met in a soft kiss that got a little heated until they remembered where they were. When they broke apart, their foreheads pressed together as they whispered I love you to each other. They broke apart and smiled as they turned back to Reverend Marks.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to Mr. and Mrs. Sidney Crosby." Sidney and Karen turned to face the crowd to cheers and applause as they left the alter and walked down the aisle. They got outside the double doors and stood there in an embrace until the crowd started to leave, giving their congrats as they left. When the crowd was gone, the photographer had Karen and Sidney go back into the church and take a couple pictures.

"I don't think I got to tell you how beautiful you look."

"Well you can tell me now."

They faced each other as Sidney caressed her cheek "you look so beautiful baby. I about lost it when I saw you walk towards me." He took a step back to really look at her "this dress is gorgeous on you. I don't know how you did it but this day will never leave my mind."

"You're not playing fair stud, he's about to take pictures and you're going to make me cry again."

"At least they're tears of joy baby."

"That they are. I love you."

"I love you too." Sidney kissed her then as they broke away, he placed another kiss to her forehead letting it linger for a few minutes. They didn't realize the photographer had snapped a couple pictures of them already when they broke apart and got situated for him to take a few more. After a few minutes Trina, Troy and Taylor came in to take some family shots and Karen even stepped out after a few so it just Sidney with them. They were about done when a shock rang out in the church.

"Can we get one more with us and just Karen?" Troy asked the photographer. Karen was certainly taken back but his sincerety. She smiled when Sidney kissed her temple and she stood on the steps with Troy and Trina beside her and Taylor sitting on the step infront of her. When the photographer was done Troy turned to Karen "I guess I can officially welcome you to the family now" he said then hugged her. "Take care of him for me."

"I will" she said smiling at him. He let her go and left her standing there alone.

"Before we leave to go to the reception, can you get one more picture?"

"Sure" the photographer said.

Sidney opened the door and let in Karen's seven best friends "I need a picture of the bride with her would be braidemaids." Karen just smiled as her friends came in and stood around her. The photographer positioned them with two on each side and three down infront of her. They all looked beautiful and Karen loved that Sidney did this for her. They all left and the crowd that was still outside threw rose petals at them as they walked to the limo and got in.

"Mmm, alone at last" Sidney told her. He scooted closer to her and put her legs over his, making her sit sideways. They wrapped their arms around each other and soon lips were connected in a heated and passionate kiss.

"Maybe we shouldn't get anything started yet stud."

"You think you'll be able to stop me?"

"No" she said laughing "I just want to wait until tonight."

"I know and we will wait I just want the preview now." Sidney brought her in closer and recaptured her lips, keeping them together until they arrived at the hotel. When they pulled up, Karen took her hand and wiped off any sign of lipstick that was on Sidney's lips. They got out and Karen's jaw dropped at the beautiful hotel.

"Oh wow" she said getting a smile from Sidney as he held her hand and they went in.

"Welcome to the Lord Nelson Hotel and Suites Mr. and Mrs. Crosby" one of the managers said greeting them at the door. "Your reception is right this way, in The Georgian Lounge." He showed them the way and Trina was there to meet them. She told them to wait here until the DJ announced them to come in.

"This place is gorgeous Sid."

"I thought it fit the purpose."

"So, your mom had the wedding and you planned the reception?"

"No, she planned them both but I wanted say in which hotel."

"Is there a certain reason you picked this hotel? Some fond memories shared here?"

"No baby, nothing like that. I just want you to have the best."

"I got the best when I found you Sid" she said looking into his eyes. He was about to lean in for a kiss when he heard the DJ announce them and the doors opened to reveal them to a thunderous applause. They walked in and went to their table. They were sitting by themselves and Karen saw her friends were the next two tables beside them. Before they sat down, Sidney was handed a microphone.

"Thank you all for coming tonight. I hope we didn't keep you waiting too long but now we can eat and have some fun" he said getting a cheer from the crowd. As tradition, the bride and groom got their food first before everyone else. Just when everyone got their food and began eating, there was another announcement.

"Excuse me everyone" Trina said to the crowd "if I could have everyone bring their attention to the big screen, I would like to treat everyone to a little movie while we eat." Karen and Sidney just looked at each other and wondered what was going on. Soon, the movie started and they couldn't believe what they saw....pictures of them flooded the screen.

First there was pictures of Sidney when he was a baby and went up until now with the Penguins. Next were pictures of Karen and went the same as she was a baby to playing with Team USA to now.

"Did you know about this?" Karen asked Sidney.

"I swear baby, I had no idea this was going to happen."

Next came some home movies of Sidney playing but when they showed Karen playing with Team USA during the Gold Medal game, the reaction was mixed.

"Damn baby, what did you do take it easy on me?"

"Impressed are we?"

"Turned on is more like it" he whispered.

Then the screen went blank before words appeared...

After dreams were achieved pictures of Sidney raising the Stanley Cup and Karen getting her Gold Medal were shown Love was found....congratulations Sidney and Karen August 16, 2009.

Everyone applauded and then clinked their glasses to get Sidney and Karen to kiss. They got up and found Trina, giving her a hug to thank her for that beautiful presentation.

"I have to know where you got all those pictures of me?"

"Well Sidney got some from your house and the Team USA footage he searched for from the Internet."

"So then you did know about this?" she asked turning to him.

"No, she told me she was making a scrapbook for us, I had no idea it would be a video one."

"Sorry but it was the only way to keep it a secret from both of you."

"Thanks Trina, it was beautiful."

"It was mom, thank you." They both hugged her and started to go back to the table when they were stopped.

"Not so fast there Siddo" Max said taking center stage beside the DJ. "I think it's time for the first dance between the bride and groom and I believe we..." he said as more teammates joined him on stage "...have the perfect song for you guys."

"I think I'm getting scared" Karen whispered to Sidney.

"How bad can it be baby?" he told her not realizing what was coming next. All of the sudden the room got quiet...

"You never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips" Max started getting a smile from the room.

"And there's no tenderness like before in your fingertips" Jordan chimed in.

"You're trying hard not to show it, baby" Kris Letang joined in.

"But baby, baby I know it..." the three of them sang with everyone joining in.

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Whoa, that lovin' feeling,
You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...gone...wooooooh.

The song and everyone's voice died out and left the crowd, along with Sidney and Karen laughing before Sidney walked over and grabbed the microphone away from Max.

"Thank you guys really, but I can tell you right now she hasn't lost anything" making Karen blush when he said that "but that's not the song I would like to start my life off with this incredible woman. Baby" he said walking over to her "I believe this is the song for us." He handed the microphone off to someone and took Karen into his arms as the DJ started the song.

All I am, All I'll be
Everything in this world
All that I'll ever need
Is in your eyes
Shining at me
When you smile I can feel
All my passion unfolding
Your hand brushes mine
And a thousand sensations
Seduce me cause I

I do Cherish you
For the rest of my life
You don't have to think twice
I will love you still
From the depths of my soul
It's beyond my control
I've waited so long to say this to you
If you're asking do I love you this much
I do

In my world, before you
I lived outside my emotions
Didn't know where I was going
'Till that day I found you
How you opened my life
To a new paradise
In a world torn by change
Still with all of my heart
'Till my dying day

I do Cherish you
For the rest of my life
You don't have to think twice
I will love you still
From the depths of my soul
It's beyond my control
I've waited so long to say this to you
If you're asking do I love you this much
I do

If you're asking do I love you this much
I do
Oh, I do

Sidney finished the song off with a soft kiss to her lips and when they broke apart, he wiped away her tears.

"If I was going to be crying this much today, I wouldn't have worn make up" she said smiling through her tears.

"You would have looked beautiful either way baby. I love you more than you know Karen."

"I know stud, believe me I know" she said kissing him "I love you too Sidney."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY they're married!!!

Val said...

Very, very sweet and I am also glad they are married!

Anonymous said...

Top Gun moment...i almost fell off my chair...lol...its was sooooo cute and FINALLY!!!!