2.17.2009

Chapter 92

As they were walking back to the house, their hands were connected together with their fingers intertwined.

"You know if you would just stop letting me win, then you wouldn't get mad me" Karen said breaking the silence. Sidney stopped and Karen didn't realize it until she was pulled back to him. They didn't say anything but the look coming from Sidney's eyes spoke volumes. He put his hand on her cheek and leaned in, placing a soft kiss upon her lips. The longer the kiss went, the more passion that poured into it. "Don't you think we should move from the middle of the street?" Karen said breaking the kiss. Sidney looked around at the deserted neighborhood and smiled before diving back in for another kiss. After a few more minutes, Sidney broke the kiss and grabbed Karen's hand, heading back to the house. They got in and settled in for the night.

The next couple of days went by and it was Tuesday. The team was home to play the Thrashers and when Karen got home, she found not only Sidney but a house full of Crosbys. As she walked in the house, she was greeted by Taylor who came up and gave her a hug.

"Your house is amazing Karen."

"Thanks Taylor, but it's nothing special."

"Well I like it." Karen smiled at her and hugged her again. Her smile got even bigger when Sidney came out of the kitchen with his parents directly behind him.

"Hey baby" he said giving her a kiss "how was work?"

"It was good. Corporate is thinking about changing the program around in the next month so it should be interesting to see what happens."

"You're still going to have a job though?"

"Oh yeah. It's nothing that drastic. They just are trying to find areas of the store that could use more help with what we do." Karen looked behind his shoulder "it's nice to see you again Troy, Trina."

"You too dear" Trina said as she walked over and hugged her "and Taylor is right, this house is beautiful."

"Thanks. I just kept it from how mom had it. I didn't want to change it after they died. Are you guys staying here?"

"If you don't mind." Troy asked.

"Not at all. Please make yourselves at home. There are two guest rooms, one off the kitchen and the other is upstairs."

"Taylor kind of claimed the one by the kitchen already."

"It's a great room too."

"My dad added that one on when they remodeled the kitchen." Sidney's cell phone went off and excused himself. "Trina, are you and Taylor staying any extra days when Troy goes on the road with Sid?" Karen asked as they went into the living room.

"We might stay an extra day if you don't mind."

"Not at all. I leave for work around 3am, but back by 1:30/2p. I can leave a house key if you guys venture out anywhere while I'm gone."

"That's sweet."

"Baby? Mind if another body drops by?" Sidney asked Karen as he came into the room.

"No, who?"

"Colby. He was hoping we could get together before the game."

"Wouldn't that put a dent into each of your pre-game rituals? Why not wait until after the game?"

"He can come over and have dinner with us and then we head to the arena, separately of course. I want him to meet you since all I did was talk about you last time we were in Atlanta."

"If it's not going to mess either one of you up, it's fine with me."

"Good, cause that's what I told him."

"Well then if you want to see your friend in a couple hours, you need to go take your nap now."

"She's tough" Trina said smiling.

"One more reason I love her."

Karen rolled her eyes, smiling "I'm going to get changed so I can find something to make for dinner."

"You'll make what you always make for me."

"Maybe not. Tonight could be different. Since your family is here, how about Russian, or Mexican...I know, Indian."

"Remember when I said I loved you, yeah starting to have second thoughts on that baby. Maybe I'll just have my mom cook" Sidney told a laughing Karen.

"Now that you mention it Karen last time we were here, Nathalie took me to this wonderful Japanese restaurant. Maybe we could put a to go order in?"

"You two are hopeless" Sidney said walking upstairs. Karen and Trina laughed before Karen went upstairs to change for the game. She saw Sidney sitting on the bed and smiled as she walked passed him, only to have him jump up and grab her around the waist. "You think your funny huh?"

"Well if I wasn't funny, then what would I bring to this relationship?"

"A hot ass body that I get to see naked every night."

"I am so glad you didn't say that in front of your parents."

"So I guess I don't get a napping partner today."

"Sorry stud, don't want to be rude to your parents and sister."

"Not like they won't understand. Besides, you're going to be tired tonight and one of my rituals will be off."

"I'll be fine and I have gone without a nap before going to a game and second, this is a new ritual. There's room for changes."

"Why can't we just be like this all day, everyday?"

"Because work and careers get in the way."

"Yeah, I keep forgetting about that" Sidney said smiling at her "can I maybe get you to bargain for something?"

"Nothing will be happening while your parents and sister are in this house Crosby."

"I know that and not what I meant."

"Then what do you want?"

"Would you seriously consider maybe putting in for time off during the summer?"

"How much time?"

"Anywhere from a month to maybe three months."

"Sid?"

"Ok, maybe three months is a lot to ask for and I would settle for at least a month. The week you spent with me at home was too short. I want more time with you during the off season."

"How about I make you a deal?"

"I'm listening."

"Since I do have a lot of vacation time saved up and on my anniversay date, I get three weeks vacation this year. If you would stay here for a month after the season is over with me, I will put in the time and stay a month with you in Nova Scotia."

"That could definitely be arranged. Which month?"

"It could either be when you leave and I come with you or I can wait and come and be with you on your birthday again."

"I'll have to think about that."

"Well why don't you dream about and go get some sleep. I want an intense stud on the ice tonight, not a sluggish one."

"Ok. Will you please make me dinner?"

Karen kissed him "yes dear." She let go of him, grabbed her jersey and started to walk out but turned around when Sidney was getting in bed "besides, there's this great Swedish Meatball recipe I want to try."

"I love you too baby" Sidney yelled out after her.

3 comments:

Val said...

Liked that the scene with the family was calm...can't wait for Colby's visit!

Anonymous said...

hahah i love them!
AHH colbyyy! i love him!!

Lauren said...

I love the way she teases him! And I can't wait for COLBY!!! :)