2.20.2009

Chapter 93

A couple hours later, Karen and Trina were finishing up dinner as Sidney was getting ready. Soon there was a knock at the door and Taylor ran to get it.

"Colby!" she said happily as she hugged him.

"What's up Tay? You sure are growing up there. Where's that brother of yours?"

"He's upstairs getting ready."

"Come on Crosby! It's not like you're going for a photo shoot, you're about the get all sweaty for 3 hours. The hair doesn't have to look THAT good" Colby yelled up the stairs.

Sidney came down the steps, smiling "either way I'll still look better than you Army" he said hugging his friend.

"Keep dreaming man. So where's this girlfriend of yours that I've heard nonstop about since the season started?"

"You know it's not polite to talk about me to others when I'm not around stud" Karen said coming from the kitchen.

"Stud? Are you sure you're not confused using that word and talking about Sid in the same sentence?"

"I'm not confused when it's true."

"I think we need to have a little talk."

"Like I am going to let you anywhere near her alone" Sidney said putting his arm around her. "Baby, I would like you to meet Colby Armstrong. Army, this is my girlfrend Karen" he said proudly.

"It's nice to finally meet you Colby."

"You too. It's nice to meet the girl who finally won this guy's heart. If he gives you any crap, you call me."

"She won't need to do that since she can stand on her own with that."

"I like her already."

Trina came out of the kitchen and greeted Colby and told all of them that dinner was done and on the table. They went in and sat around the table to eat. The conversation was geared at old stories when Colby played for the Pens. Karen loved hearing about how they were, especially on the road. She never thought Sidney could be that rambunctious but she figured most of it left when Colby did. After they got done eating, it was time for Sidney and Colby to head to the arena.

"Thanks for letting me come over for dinner Karen" he said as they walked to the door.

"Anytime Colby. I'm just sorry it wasn't a longer visit."

"I'm sure there will be plenty of time for that in the future" he said hugging her.

"Are you going to head to the arena with us baby?" Sidney asked before wrapping her up in his arms.

"Not right now. I'm going to get the kitchen cleaned up and head in with your parents."

Trina came out of the kitchen "Troy why do you go in with the boys and Karen, Taylor and I will head in after a while?"

"I was planning on it. You guys ready?"

Sidney gave Karen a look and she just laughed "well there goes my goodbye kiss" he whispered. Karen grabbed his jacket and brought him in for a kiss "maybe I was wrong." Sidney gave her another quick kiss before Colby pulled him away.

"Jeez Darryl, you think you weren't going to see her after tonight."

"Can't help it. Besides, I've seen you way worse with Mel."

"Let's finish this conversation later" Troy said getting the guys out the door. Karen stood there and watched Sidney leave before heading back into the kitchen.

"Trina, you don't have to help. I can get it while you get ready."

"That's ok dear, I helped cook so I might as well help clean up." Trina saw the ring on Karen's hand as they did the dishes "pretty ring, did Sid give that to you?"

Karen looked at her hand and took a deep breath wondering how to explain this "yes he did. Sidney wanted to talk to you and Troy about this together."

"Well we'll let him talk to his dad when they go on their road trip, but I think you and I should talk about it."

"He didn't propose if that's what you're thinking. This was one of my Christmas presents and he told me I could wear it on any finger, but when he put it on me, Sidney put it on this finger. I thought it felt right there and just left it there. He bought the ring to show his love and committment to me. I know Sidney is no where near ready for marriage and I'm not sure if I can see myself married. Just because I am wearing it on this finger doesn't mean we're jumping into something that he's not ready for" she told her.

"Thank you for being honest. I know how much Sid loves you, I've seen it not only today just at dinner but when you came up for Christmas. The way he looks at you when you're away from him any fool can see how much he loves you. My son is special and as parents we want the best for him but we can't keep him from what he wants. Maybe living together is best for you two right now."

"Really? I figured you and Troy would be mad that he moved out of Mario's and in with me."

"That call Troy got when Sidney told him, yeah it wasn't pleasant. But I had to remind him that you and Sid were just like us then. Troy doesn't want to see Sidney lose his focus and start making bad decisions when it comes to hockey and his endorsements. He'll come around, maybe after Sid talks to him."

"Thank you Trina for being understanding."

"Your welcome, besides I think you need someone on your side when it comes to my stubborn husband" she said hugging her "I'm going to get ready so we can go." Karen stood there with a smile then went to finish getting ready herself. The three of them headed to the arena and went down to the player's lounge for a little bit to meet up with Troy and Sidney. An hour later, Karen's phone rang and she needed to go meet up with the girls. Sidney pulled her aside before she left.

"We haven't got to spend any time together today. My game is really going to be off."

"No it won't. That intensity will shine through once you step out on the ice."

"Maybe it will but you never know."

"Oh stop it. You'll play great as always. Um, your mom and I had a little talk about my ring after you guys left. She said that it was best we talked alone and for you to tell your dad when you guys are on your road trip."

"How did you manage for that to happen?"

"It was your mom's doing. I told her that you wanted to tell them both together but she had other ideas."

"Maybe it would be best. I love you, don't think I got a chance to tell you today" he said placing a kiss on her lips.

"You say it in other ways stud. I love you too and have a great game."

"See you after?"

"Always." Karen leans up and kisses Sidney, letting him take it deeper before pulling away as her phone went off again.

"You have some very persistent friends."

"Well it is cold out there and they are wimps, so I better go."

"Ok. Love you baby."

"Love you too stud." She kissed him again then went to see her friends.

The game got under way and so did the Pens as they won 3-1. Geno set up all three goals for the Penguins and one was for Sidney. Karen was happy but sad because she knew she wouldn't be able to celebrate with him after the game because of work tomorrow. She said goodbye to her friends and made her way to the lounge, meeting up with his family. When Sidney was done with the media, he came out and joined everyone in the lounge. A little bit later, Karen said she needed to get home and get to bed for work when Sidney excused himself and Karen pulling her into the hallway.

"Colby wanted us to go hang out for a while at Diesel and I was hoping you'd join us for an hour or so."

"Baby, I'm not dressed for Diesel nor do I have clothes to change into to go to Diesel."

"I don't think they would stop you from going in if you're with me or the whole team would stop going there."

"Sid, I can't call off anymore from work."

"I know and all I am askng for is to come with us for an hour. You've gone to work after one, two...no hours of sleep. I want to spend some time with you before I leave for 8 days."

"We spend more time together than you do with your friends. Colby is only here for tonight go spend time with him, have some fun, and just come home to me when you're done."

"Always" Sidney leaned down and kissed her.

"Come on man, can't you keep your hands off of her for 5 minutes?" Colby said coming into the hallway.

"If only you knew Army, you couldn't keep away either."

"If I didn't have Mel, I wouldn't mind a go."

"And why doesn't it surprise me that she knows you do this" Karen asked laughing.

"Be prepared, we all do it" Colby said giving Sidney a look, which got a look from Karen as well.

"I am not as bad as the rest of these guys, I swear baby."

"Mmhmm, we'll talk later stud. Go have fun and I will see you later" Karen leaned up and kissed him "and Colby, you better make sure he leaves with only you or you will have to answer to me." Karen walked back into the lounge to get his parents and sister and left.

"Damn Darryl, she's a fiesty one."

"Only when it comes to me."

"Ok, that was more than I needed to hear. Go get your shower so we can go."

Sidney left Colby and went to get his shower. Twenty minutes later, he came out dressed and they headed to Diesel, meeting up with some of the guys. The team was in their usual VIP section of the club and soon, girls found their way up there. They tried to get to Sidney, which a couple succeeded but Sidney walked away to another area and Colby followed his friend.

"You must be in love to not even want to be around that over there. So tell me more about the girl?"

"Well, first of all, she's older than me."

"And you see that as a problem?"

"No, I don't mind it. But she's 16 years older than me. When and if the media finds out, I hate to see what comes upon her with it."

"As long as the age difference doesn't bother you, then there isn't a problem."

"It doesn't. When I first met her she actually schooled me on the ice."

"Say it isn't so" Colby said in disbelief.

"Yep, I read the play perfectly and she changed at the last minute scoring on Flower."

"How did you manage to find a girl that knows how to play the game?"

"I think she found me. Karen and some friends showed up at the arena while we were waiting for the next round in the playoffs to start. Her and Mario were friends and I guess she asked him if they could use the ice. He didn't know me, Flower, Staalsy, Whit, and Max were still on the ice. They came walking in and we ended up challenging them. After that I was hooked."

"So you made the first move then?"

"No, she did. She asked me to join her at a bar with her friends. But when I left her that night, all I could think about was her."

"And now 8 months later, you're living with her. I say there was some definite progress there. What's the deal with the ring then?"

"I gave it to her for Christmas to show my love for her."

"And where is this love taking you? A possible marriage proposal soon?"

Sidney stood there and wondered how to answer that "I don't know, maybe one day."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yes I am. Army, she doesn't care what I do or how much money I make. Karen understands the game and doesn't sugar coat the losses or pick apart my playing. She tells me the truth whether I want to hear it or not and not one of those girls over there would keep her job and independence to be with me. It's like she's me, only female."

"My god, you found her didn't you?"

"Who?"

"The one."

Sidney just smiled at his friend "yeah, I think I did."

"Then why don't you go home to her."

"Thanks Army" he said giving his friend a hug "can I drop you off at the hotel?"

"If you don't mind." They told the guys they were leaving and headed out. Sidney took Colby to the hotel, then went home.

When Sidney got to the house, he went in quietly and headed upstairs. Karen was asleep in bed, facing his side and he smiled at the way the light shining through the window, outlined her body. He got completely undressed and crawled into bed, turning towards Karen and getting as close to her as he could. He found her lips, giving them a kiss until she stirred.

"Sid?" she said sleepily.

"Hey baby" he whispered.

"What time is it?"

"A little after 2a." Sidney moved his hand from her ass to her stomach. He found the hem of her shorts and snuck his hand inside, going all the way to her mound. He began to feverishly rub, letting two fingers slip inside. After a few minutes, Sidney removed his fingers and managed to take off her shorts. He grabbed her leg putting it over his legs and moving them closer to each other. He made his way to her entrance, pushing her into him as he slid inside of her. Their lips met with heated contact to stifle any moans that wanted to escape. Sidney moved his hand inbetween them, finding her clit and rubbing over the nub. Karen couldn't hold on much longer as her building orgasm came rushing through her body. Sidney felt the tightness around him and after a few more hard thrusts, his own orgasm let loose inside of her. The kiss slowed down as they tried to regain all of their senses.

Karen broke away from his lips "not that I mind a wake up call like that, but did something or someone provoke this?"

"Definitely not someone but I guess something did."

"Which was?"

"Just realizing how much I love you and need to be with you for the rest of my life. Tell me you want the same thing."

Karen was about to speak when the alram rang. Sidney reached over and shut it off, coming back to her "I do want the same thing Sid. There is no one else I'd rather be with than you."

"And?"

"And what?"

"And I think you forgot something there. Anything else I need to know?"

"Oh, sorry, you might need to do a load of laundry before you go."

"That's not what I meant."

"Well that's all I got and I need to get up to get ready for work."

"I'm not letting you go until you say it."

"Oh my big strong, strapping stud...."

"Yes?"

"I love you" she said as she brought her hand up to his cheek.

"Was that worth all the teasing to make you late now?"

Karen got out of his grip and out of bed "yes" she said walking to the bathroom and getting ready for work. Sidney laid there with a smile on his face and waited for her to come out. When she did 20 minutes later, she was dressed and went to the bed to give him a kiss goodbye.

"I'll be gone before you get home today."

"I know. Good luck with the games and when you talk to your dad."

"The sooner he accepts this, the better we all will be. I love you baby."

"I love you too stud. Call me when you get a chance ok?"

"Ok." Sidney gave her one more kiss then let her go. Karen walked out of the bedroom and got her things, leaving the house for work. After Sidney heard the door shut and her car start then pull out, he grabbed her pillow and curled up to it falling asleep.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHH he wants to marry her!!
amazingggg!! they're so cute together.
too bad i can't find a man like that.

Val said...

wow, what an awesome chapter...I loved the interaction between Sid and Army re: Karen and the fact that Army got it when maybe other people wouldn't...more soon, please, as always...

@Molly...there is a man out there for you, don't get discouraged, it might not be Sid, but it could be someone different, but just as perfect...I am a glass is half full kind of girl!

Lauren said...

aww I adore Colby!

And I'm glad Karen has Trina on her side :)

More soon, please!

CrosbysBabe87 said...

Aww I'm glad that Trina is on Karens side.
I cant wait for more

More Soon!!!