2.02.2009

Chapter 87

Karen heard the voices in the living room and went to see who was there. She smiled seeing Max and Natalie sitting on the couch by Sidney.

"Hey Kiki. Nice shirt there. I may need one of those to wear around the locker room" Max said laughing.

"No, you need one that says 'Got Ego?' Max" she said smiling at him.

"That was harsh." Max put his hand on his chest, pretending to be hurt.

"I just call them like I see them Superstar" she said sitting on Sidney's lap.

"Besides Max, you wear this shirt around the locker room and I am denying it all."

"Come on Sid, you know you love me."

Karen and Natalie just look at each other "would you guys like to be alone?" Karen said.

"Yeah, we'll leave the room if you two need a moment" Natalie added.

"Please don't" Sidney said with pleading eyes to his girlfriend which only made Karen laugh.

"Yeah, let's keep it in the locker room where it belongs stud" Max said batting his eyelashes at him.

"Hey now, he's my stud not yours hence the shirt."

"I'm not winning this argument am I?" Max asked Natalie.

"Don't think so. Karen doesn't give up what she wants so easily" she said looking at her best friend.

"So do you guys have dinner plans?" Karen asked them.

"Kind of, we came back to get my stuff then we were going out for dinner. Want to join us?"

"It's up to Karen" Sidney said looking at her.

"Do you feel like going out?" she asked him. Sidney just gave her his look and it gave her the answer "I think we'll stay in tonight" she told them with a smile.

"Since I don't want any more details, I am going to get my stuff" Natalie said getting up.

"I'll come with you Nat" Karen got up and went with her leaving Sidney and Max to talk.

Max waited until the girls were out of the room "looks like you and Karen have officially made up."

"Yeah, you could say that. But I don't know, I think there's still something there that she's worried about."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Apparently you and Sid made up. Is it all good now?" Natalie asked her friend as she got her things together.

"Yeah, I mean we're fine and we will be fine as the days go by."

"But..."

"But I still feel something is off with us like there's something else going to happen."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What else could she be worried about? She still thinks you'll cheat on her and leave her?"

"Maybe, but I think there's more to it. I'm just not sure what I need to do."

"I think you do Sid."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What, like something bad?"

"Not really bad, it's just I want to know he's truly in this relationship with me."

"Why don't you just talk to him and have him tell you that?"

"Because he needs to do something that tells me it. Anyone can say the words, I want to see the action."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What if I don't know what I need to say or do?"

"Sid, you love her right?"

"More than anything Max."

"Then think about it and it will come to you." Max said then excused himself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well if he doesn't figure it out, you might as well tell him or you're going to lose the best thing in your life right now" Natalie told her friend before walking out of the room.

Karen and Sidney sat in the different rooms and thought about what their friends said to them.

"I hope he knows what to do" "I think I know what to do" They both said at the same time to themselves. Karen got up and met up with everyone in the living room. Sidney wrapped his arms around her as they said goodbye to Max and Natalie. He turned her around in his arms and planted a soft and gentle kiss upon her lips.

"What was that for?" Karen asked smiling.

"No particular reason, just because I love you."

"I love you too. I'm going to go finish up dinner."

"Ok. Need any help?"

"Not this time stud. I'll call you when it's ready." Karen went to walk away only to have Sidney pull her back and kiss her again before letting her go completely. She went into the kitchen to finish dinner. About 20 minutes later, dinner was done and Karen got everything out to cool. She walked towards the living room to get Sidney when she heard him talking to someone. She decided to stand outside the doorway and listen, even if it was just his side of the conversation.

"I'm good, listen dad there is a reason I called...yeah everything is alright I just need you to know something....I moved in with Karen...no I'm not kidding dad. I love her and I am committed to her...I am not going to ruin anything ok. This is good for me...well what was all that 'willing to give her a chance' speech you gave me....believe it or not dad, I love her and living with her shows that. When you guys come down for a couple games, if you want to stay at Mario's or a hotel, that's fine but I will be here at home with Karen. I'll talk to you later dad, bye."

Sidney shut his phone and saw Karen standing in the doorway with tears in her eyes "did you just...I mean, did I hear you say....to your dad that...." she tried to stammer out the words but couldn't. Sidney walked over to her and wiped the fallen tears away.

"Yes I did. I called my dad and told him we were living together."

"You said that you would be here at home while they were visiting" she said crying "home with me."

"Baby, ssh, stop crying. You wanted me to show you that I was committed to you, there's no better way than standing up to my dad to let him and you know that." Sidney stood there and just watched her expression. He smiled at her when she did before she leaned up and kissed him. "Did you need me for something?" Sidney asked after breaking the kiss.

"Just that dinner was done and on the table."

He smiled at her then kissed her forehead "great because I am starved." He laced his fingers with hers and led her into the kitchen to eat. They ate dinner and talked about the upcoming games. Karen still couldn't believe what she had heard, so she didn't want to spoil it by asking him about it. After they ate, Sidney helped her clean up and they went back to the living room and settled in on the couch. Sidney found Mystery Alaska on tv and Karen practically begged to watch it. Sidney thought it was an ok hockey movie, but Karen gave him the saddest puppy dog look to watch it because of Russell Crowe. He just laughed and gave in.

When the movie was over, Karen felt Sidney was staring at her. She turned off the tv and looked over at him only to be met with his eyes on her. She got a feeling in the pit of her stomach when his eyes pierced into her. The feeling of want and need captured both of them. Sidney got up and held out his hand for Karen to accept. She did and he pulled her up to him. Their lips met briefly before Sidney pulled away and started upstairs with Karen walking behind him with their hands attached. They reached the bedroom and Sidney pulled her close to him.

"I love you more than anything. I would do anything for you baby" Sidney said lifting his hand and caressing her cheek.

"Sid..."

"Wait" he said putting his finger to her lips "this is it, you and me. Not us and everyone else in the world....just you and me. My parents, my friends, your friends....no one lives this relationship but us. I called my dad to tell him not because you wanted me to tell them, but because I needed to tell him. I needed him to know you aren't going away and if you did, I would be right by your side. He needed to know my love for you runs deep and this ends when we say it does, not when he does." Sidney looked into her tear filled eyes "you can say what you were going to before I stopped you."

"I don't think there's anything I can say that you don't already know. I just need for you to really be sure that this is what you want, that I am what you want."

"You are exactly what I need AND want in my life. I don't want my arms to wrap around anyone else. I don't want my lips touching another's lips unless they're yours. I don't want to fight, talk, laugh, or make love to anyone unless its you. I love you Karen."

"I love you too Sidney."

Sidney picked her up and laid her on the bed, then laid down beside her. Karen turned on her side to face him as Sidney moved her leg over his. Their lips met with a kiss that excited them both but Sidney didn't want this to be over quickly. They were still dressed and making out at the moment felt better than rushing into the sex. The passion in their kisses was enough to set the stage for what was to come.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Aww I'm so glad Sid told his dad!

Anonymous said...

wow.
all i can say is WOW!!
he's such a sweetheart, and yeah they are the only ones in this relationship!
AHHIUEHFGJ i love this chapter so muchhh!! it's too cute, and i love how he brings her to tears, the good kind of tears!!
update again soon!!!