11.12.2008

Chapter 50

As the night fell, Karen just watched Sidney and the way he was with his friends. They had built a small bonfire in the back and everyone sat around it. Karen kind of kept to herself, not that she minded though. Sidney only gets this time to be himself and not have as many pressures on him, at least until next week when he gets training again. She knew he'd be at the gym working out and doing other stuff while she was here, but she didn't mind. Karen knew he needed to get ready and a month before training camp, he needed to get to work. She got up and went inside running into Jack and a few others.

"Karen, come join us for a shot or two" Jack said with a slight slur in his voice.

"Ok" she walked over to them and they lifted their glasses and downed some Jack Daniels.

"I think you needed that after today huh?"

"Yeah, I guess I did" Karen said as she walked away again.

"Where you going? Stay and have some fun."

"I'm only going to get a sweatshirt. It's kind of chilly outside."

"Alright but when you get back you are drinking with us."

Karen just laughed, shaking her head as she left to go upstairs. She rooted through Sidney's closet and found one of his old sweatshirts. Karen put it on and loved how comfortable it was. She wondered if she could take it but since it was from Rimouski Karen doubted Sidney would let it out of the house. She smiled and loved how it smelled like him. Being satisfied, Karen went back downstairs and rejoined everyone outside.

"Nice sweatshirt Karen" Jack commented as she walked over to them and sat down beside Sidney.

"Thanks. I may have to take this back home with me when I go."

Sidney looked at the sweatshirt and smiled, putting his arm around her "don't think so babe."

"We'll see" she said kissing him. "Baby, how much have you had to drink tonight?" Karen asked tasting the Jack Daniels on him .

"Why does it matter?" Sidney said with a little anger in his voice.

"It doesn't I was just wondering how much you had."

"I'm fine, ok?" he said softening and kissed her.

"Ok" Karen smiled and kissed him back before he brought her closer to him, wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

A while later, Karen had a nice buzz going, but was getting tired. She was emotionally drained from earlier and wanted to go to bed. She got up and found Sidney with some of the guys. When they saw Karen walking over, they all left them alone.

"There's my baby" Sidney, who was pretty much drunk pulled Karen to him and kissed her.

"Yeah, here I am" she said smiling at his behavior. "Listen, I am going to head up to bed."

"Fine, whatever" Sidney said with apparent attitude.

Karen caught his arm before he walked away "you need to drop the attitude before your ass goes in the lake. First of all, it's after 3 in the morning and I'm tired. Second, I am not asking you to leave your friends or kick them out to make you come with me. You can stay up until the big blazin' orange ball comes over the trees, I don't care. I am going to bed and came to say goodnight." Karen grabbed his shirt and pulled him towards her, giving him a very hard and passionate kiss "goodnight." Karen walked away and into the house, smiling all the way.

About an hour later, Sidney and his friends finally went inside to crash. He stumbled his way upstairs and went to his room. Karen was asleep and facing his way. Sidney went to the bathroom before joining her in bed. He had stripped down to nothing and climbed into bed, turning towards her. Sidney leaned in and began kissing Karen. His hands went to remove her clothes as she opened her eyes and looked at him. Sidney just smiled and continued his assault. When he got all her clothes off, he rolled them over so he was on top of her. Sidney grabbed her hands and put them above Karen's head, holding them there with one of his hands. Karen winced at how tight Sidney's grip was on her wrists as she felt his other hand forciably rubbed her mound. Karen felt his fingers slip inside her and she couldn't stifle the moans he was bringing out in her. Sidney removed his fingers and slid himself inside. Karen bit her lip because of how rough he was being with her with every thrust. She let out a gasp when she felt his hand cover her breast and squeeze. Karen pushed all thoughts out of her head and concentrated on letting her orgasm take over and end their romp. Karen's body shivered as she came, letting out a small moan. She heard a low groan escape Sidney's lips and felt him release into her. He let go of Karen's wrists and rolled off of her. Karen laid there and lightly rubbed her wrists before feeling Sidney grab her to curl up into him waiting for sleep to hit them.

Karen woke up and looked at the clock noticing it was 9:49a. She got up and out of Sidney's hold going to the bathroom. She got in the shower and let the hot water relax her. When she was done, Karen dried off and wrapped a towel around her body looking in the mirror. She saw a mark right above where the towel came together and pulled it down a little. Karen saw the finger marks around her breast and remembered how Sidney was last night. She looked at her wrists and saw the red band forming there. Karen knew he was drunk and didn't realize he was being so rough with her, but she didn't know how she could hide the marks so he wouldn't question them. She left the bathroom and quietly got dressed, heading downstairs to make some coffee.

When the coffee was done, Karen filled her cup and went to sit outside. It was a beautiful day and already warm. She had no idea what time Sidney would be getting up so she just sat back and enjoyed the scenery. An hour later, she heard voices coming from the house and soon Karen felt a kiss placed on her head.

"Morning skippy" Karen said almost laughing at his hungover demeanor.

"Morning baby. I thought you would have stayed in bed to wake up with me" he said sitting beside her.

"I got enough besides when I woke up, I couldn't go back to sleep, so I got up and got a shower before making coffee."

"Thanks for that, I know I'm not the only one who appreciates it."

"Yeah from what I heard coming from the house, I could tell you guys loved waking up to it already being made. You ok?"

"I'm fine. Nothing that this cup and a hot shower can't cure. Wished you stayed longer with me last night though."

"Not as young as I once was stud. Once upon a time I was able to come home when the cows were let loose, but not now."

"When the cows were let loose? Did that statement actually come out of your mouth?" Sidney laughed shaking his head.

"Did you not know there were cows around the Ohio Valley? Some of the country bars we went to, when we left, there were cows going out to the pastures. It was probably 5a or so."

Sidney took his cup and grabbed hers, putting them down in the grass. He leaned in kissing her neck "so is a night out drinking the only thing that'll keep you up all night?"

"What exactly are you asking Crosby?" she said moving her head to give him full access of her neck while her hand went into his hair.

"That maybe one night before you leave we could stay up all night for a different reason."

"Mm, I like the sound of that. Of course it would really give me something to blog about when I get home."

Sidney lifted his head and looked at her "care to explain that a little more?"

"Did I forget to mention that I am planning to blog what I did on my summer vacation? The females fans will be looking at you in a whole new way once the season starts up again."

"How explicit do you plan on being baby?"

"As explicit as they want me to get."

"You do know that if you play that game, I'll just have to play too."

"What, you'll come back and tag me as a puck bunny?"

"No, I'm not that cruel. But you will be very well known in locker room talk and not just with the Pens."

"Go ahead. That just means I get more choices at night."

"You love ruining the game don't you?" he said looking at her laughing.

"I just think you finally met your match."

"That I did" Sidney leaned in and captured her lips. They sat there kissing until they heard Jack and a couple other guys come out to join them.

"So Karen, have you been able to handle all the game day superstitions from your boy yet?"

"No considering I am either at work or I don't see him until after the game. But I've heard stories and I think I'm pretty thankful that I haven't seen it."

"I'm not that bad. I used to have a lot but I've cut back on some things. Did you have any baby?"
"Just like four or five, normal routine things."

"That's all mine are, a routine I follow every game day."

"But it's not normal Crosby" Jack said getting a giggle from Karen. "Not letting anyone touch your stick after you tape it up, come on, even the equipment manager needs to touch the sticks."

"Now see, that one I can understand that one though."

"Thank you baby" he said kissing her temple.

"Well one day we'll talk Karen and I will share with you a lot that you don't know about your man there."

"I can't wait."

"Can we maybe talk about something else please" Sidney said focusing the attention on anything else than him and his weird habits.

"Fine, be the party pooper. Karen, Sid told me you used to play with Team USA."

"Yeah I did. I was part of the team that won the gold in Nagano."

"You knew this knowing she beat Canada and you still decided to date her Crosby?"

"Well, her hockey skills was just one thing that got me."

"Really? What was the other things?" Karen turned and looked at him.

"I don't think you want me to say that right now baby."

"No apparently not."

"Alright, well we need to get going and let you two spend some time together. Karen it was a pleasure and hope to see you again before you leave."

"It was nice to meet you guys too and I'm sure we'll see each other again within the week."

"I'll walk you guys out" Sidney said getting up and walking them to the house.

"No need Sid. Go spend time with Karen and hey, a little advice, don't let this one get away. She's perfect for you even if your parents can't see it."

"As long as I see it, that's all that matters. I'll see you at the gym tomorrow Jack."

Karen watched as the guys left and Sidney came walking back over to her. "So, what did you want to do today?"

"You're the one that lives here, you decide."

"How about some sight seeing?"

"I'd love it."

Sidney put out his hand for Karen to take. When he pulled her up, Karen felt a pain in her wrist and pulled her hand away after she stood.

"What's wrong?"

Karen grabbed her wrist "nothing, I just got a sharp pain when you pulled me up. It'll be fine, my wrist probably just popped."

"Let me see."

"No, it's fine. It happens every now and then. I think it's from working on my cart and the computer at odd angles everyday."

"Maybe I could massage it to make it feel better" Sidney said reaching for her hand. Karen tried to pull it away but he saw the red mark before she could. "What happened? Where did you get this red mark?"

"Sid it's nothing, don't worry about it please."

Sidney slowly started to remember last night and when he went to bed, making love to her before going to sleep. "Did I do this to you?"

"You were just a little too rough last night. It's ok, I'm not upset or think you did it on purpose. It happens."

"Not with me. Baby, I am so sorry."

"You don't need to apologize Sid" Karen lifted her hand and caressed his cheek.

"Was that the only place I hurt you?" He saw her look away "Karen?" She moved the neckline of her shirt down and Sidney saw the little bruises around the top of her breast. "I can't believe I hurt you like that."

"Look, you surprised me because you've never been that way, but last night after all you drank you just didn't realize how you were. Maybe in your mind you thought you were being like you normally are, but that's not how it came out. I know you didn't mean to be that rough or had the intention to hurt me, but like I said, it happens."

"If you're not mad or think I did it on purpose, then ok. But I am sorry. You know I would never hurt you like that."

"I know stud. Aside from the bruises, I didn't mind it" Karen smiled then kissed him before walking into the house to get ready for their day. Sidney soon followed but vowed to make it up to her.

After they got ready, Sidney drove Karen around Cole Harbour and into Halifax. He showed her places he went growing up and where he played his first game. Karen just smiled when she watched his face light up showing her his hometown. They stopped off for some lunch and met the owners that had nothing but praise for Sidney. She saw how humble he was when people he knew growing up would compliment him or his talents. It was just another side to him that she loved. They were out for another hour before they headed back home. While on their way, Sidney's phone rang and he answered it. As soon as he said 'hi dad' Karen focused her attention out the window until he got off.

"I need to stop off at the house for a minute, do you mind?"

"You're the one driving, I'm just along for the ride."

"It'll be short and painless, I promise." Sidney took Karen's hand and brought it to his lips to kiss the back of it as he headed to his parent's house. A few minutes later, he pulled up to the house and Sidney made a move to get out but Karen stayed in her seat. "Please come inside with me. Don't show them that they got to you."

"But they did Sid. I know they hate me, they know that I know they hate me, what else could happen?"

"You could always kill them with kindness."

"Or I could just attack you on the couch and see what happens."

"You wouldn't be the first one to do that" Sidney said watching her facial expression. When he saw her crack a smile, he leaned over and kissed her "I love you."

"I love you too."

They got out and walked into the house being greeted by Taylor.

"Hey Sid, Karen."

"Hey Tay, where's dad at?"

"In the den."

"Ok. I will be back in a few minutes" Sidney told Karen kissing her before going off to see his dad.

"Do you want to come see some stuff on Sidney when he was little?"

"Sure, I'd love to."

Taylor led her into the living room and got out the many scrapbooks Trina had put together throughout Sidney's life of hockey. Karen smiled seeing all the young pictures of him and imagined how he was back then playing and if it was the same as now.

Meanwhile Sidney was talking to his dad in the den. He had made some plans for Sidney to do some promotional work while Karen was there.

"This couldn't have waited until she left next week?"

"They wanted to get it done and out there before you leave next month. It'll only be one day and for a couple hours. If she loves you like you say she does and doesn't mind this life you have, then it won't matter to her if you take care of this."

Sidney signed the contract and sat down "why can't you and mom just give her the benefit of the doubt while she's here?"

"Alright, Sid. For the rest of the time she's here, we will back off as long as you don't use her as the excuse as to why you're not getting your work outs in. You head back in less than a month..."

"I know dad. When have you ever known me to neglect what's important to me? I will be ready for camp and Karen is not going to interfere with that. She has a full time job, remember? She's busy, she knows I'll be busy. It'll be a miracle if I get a chance to see her between the brief camp, the few preseason games, then heading to Sweden for 10 days. I just still don't get it dad. Why do you guys hate her?"

"We don't hate her Sid."

"Really? Because that's not the impression you left on her yesterday. She's a good person dad and I want her as a part of my life. If you and mom can't and won't understand that, then maybe you don't need to see me until she leaves. I am not going to alienate her while she's here to spend time with you. I'm sorry dad." Sidney got up and walked to the door.

"Sid, wait. We both don't want that to happen. I will talk to your mom and we will both be nice while she's here."

"It's all I ask."

Sidney walked out to the living room and saw Karen and Taylor sitting on the couch still looking at the scrapbooks. He sat beside Taylor putting her in the middle.

"Um, can I ask...why the blonde hair?"

"No you can't ask."

"You're no fun" she said laughing "but you were still a cutie." They sat around for a little bit longer until Sidney decided it was time to go.

"Before you go, can I talk to you for a minute Karen?" Troy asked.

"Sure" she got up and followed him into the den. "What did I do now that you don't approve of? Looking at old pictures of Sidney, talking to Taylor?"

"You didn't do anything Karen, I just wanted to apologize for my reaction to your present to Sidney yesterday. I overreacted and shouldn't have jumped to conclusions. You put a lot of thought and effort into that gift for Sid and I think it was really nice of you to do that for him."

"Thanks Troy, that means a lot."

"You know, it's not easy being a father to a kid that has amazing talent."

"Troy, I know you and Trina want the best for him, but you can't control everything in his life. How different am I from any other girl he's dated while playing in Juniors?"

"This isn't Junior Hockey Karen. There's more at stake now that he's in the NHL."

"I know there's a lot at stake for him, I'm not stupid. But wouldn't you rather have Sid in a stable relationship than all the stories of him and a different puck bunny every night after a game? Which would be more detrimental to his career?" Karen left it at that and walked back into the living room. Sidney looked and saw she wasn't as upset as yesterday but she still looked unhappy. Karen told him not to worry and everything was ok. Sidney told his dad goodbye and hugged Taylor before leaving and heading back home.

2 comments:

Val said...

Loved it, as usual, and loved that she is strong enough to stand up to Sid's parents, and to forgive Sid for being a rough...you rock, girl. The sooner you update, the better!

Lauren said...

I agree with Val...of course. Loved it, as usual! Can't wait for more - which will hopefully be here soon!