11.15.2008

Chapter 51

As Sidney drove home, he realized how quiet Karen was. It wasn't that she didn't talk but had one or two word answers. He decided to leave it alone until they got back to the house. When he pulled up, they got out and headed inside. Sidney shut the door behind them and wrapped an arm around her waist to prevent her from going anywhere. Karen smiled as she turned to him, waiting for his lips to connect with hers. As they kissed, Karen forgot everything with his dad and remembered why she's there. Sidney walked her backwards to the couch and let go of Karen so she could lay down. He let her get comfortable then laid down on top of her, capturing her lips once again. Karen bent her knee and put her foot inbetween Sidney's legs to get more comfortable.

"Did you enjoy today?"

"Yeah I did. Thank you for showing me around."

"What did my dad and you talk about?"

"You really know how to spoil the mood Crosby."

"Sorry, I was just curious what happened."

"First he apologized for overreacting to my present to you and the significance of it and then he proceeded to be himself."

"What does that mean?"

"It just means that I know they're protective of you and your career but I simply asked him what would be better for your career...a stable relationship or a different puck bunny every night."

"His response was?"

"I didn't let him give me one because that's when I walked out. I guess I was afraid to hear what his answer would have been."

"You know what my answer would be right?"

"It better be the stable relationship and it better be with me."

"Well it is the realationship with you, I just don't know how stable it will be."

"I can't believe you just said that" she said laughing.

"I'm serious Karen, I don't want this to end" he said looking into her eyes.

"Neither do I" she said as their lips met again in a heated kiss.

Their make out session lasted about two hours when Karen broke away to mention about having dinner anytime soon. Sidney groaned but got up anyway, pulling her up with him. They headed into the kitchen and found something to make.

After they were done with dinner, Karen was getting the dishes done when Sidney came in and pulled her away. He took her outside and heard a gasp escape her lips when she saw what he had done while she got the dishes done. Sidney had lit some candles and put them all around the lounge chairs which also contained a pillow and blanket.

"You like your surprise?"

"Yes I do. Are you planning on joining me?"

"I don't think there's anywhere else I'd want to be" he said kissing her temple.

They walked over to the lounge chair and Sidney sat down. He moved his legs so Karen could fit inbetween them, putting her back up to his chest. They didn't need the blanket just yet for it was still warm, but depending how long they'd be out there it was already there for them.

"This is nice. We really don't get to do this too often during the season."

"We get to do this."

"Not when you have an impending practice or your cell phone goes off at any moment."

"Well, the cell phone is in the house and there is no practice or game to leave you for."

"So we could be out here as long as we want to?"

"As long as we want baby."

Sidney put his arms around her as she just melted into them, loving every moment she spends with him.

"Have I told you lately just how much I love you."

"Not in the last few hours. I think you're slipping" Karen said with a smile.

"Ok, I was wondering."

"You are not right" she said hitting his leg.

"Yeah but you love me anyway."

"That is debateable you know."

"You know you love me, admit it."

"Let's see, I love to watch you play hockey...I love how sexy you are...I love how charming you can be...I love how intense you get during a game..."

"See, you do love me."

"I don't remember saying that exactly" Karen smiled as she turned her head to look at him "but when it does come down to it, yes I do love you."

"Now how hard was that?"

"Well wait a minute, where's mine?"

Sidney smiles and leans in to kiss her "I love you too baby." He recaptured her lips as Karen turns her body to get a little more comfortable as their kiss continues on. When they broke apart, Karen laid her head against his chest and listened to his heart beating.

"Are you glad you came to visit me?"

"Yeah I am. Work was starting to piss me off and I was missing you so I had a win-win situation to leave and see you."

"What's going on at work?"

"Just stupid stuff. There's this one girl who is a major kiss ass and getting to do whatever she wants, getting away with it too. It's just frustrating watching it happen every day when I go and bust my ass and never see praise for it. Everyone in the department, not just me, is getting fed up and there's only 8 of us."

"Have you guys said anything to your manager about her?"

"Everyday it seems like. I've given up and just go in and do my job. Which literally makes me miserable at work except for when I get around Diane and Natalie. They keep my spirits up but what's so frustrating is I love my job. I've worked in retail for a while and finally found that I like the inventory side of it so much better. I just follow the creed of 'I love my job, but hate the people I work with'."

"Well, you know if you wanted to quit I would support you 100%."

"You'd only support me because I would be at home in Pittsburgh all the time and not only on the weekends to make it easier for us to see each other."

"I've asked it before, what's so wrong with that?"

"There's nothing wrong with it Sid, I just don't want to lose my independence."

"I know you don't baby. I've seen some of the other girlfriends and how they just love being so an so's girlfriend because of all the perks it brings. I love that you still have your season tickets and how you stand around waiting like any other normal fan until the doors open."

"Well next season when it gets really cold and snowy, I may take the perks then and go in the player's entrance."

"Fair enough baby."

"Do you honestly want a girlfriend that is nothing but that? Do you seriously want her to just sit around to wait for you, spending your money, and go around gloating that she's dating you?"

"Is that who'd you see me with if we weren't together?"

"Maybe not in the beginning, but I see her quiting her job for you, if she had one and every chance she gets to tell the world about dating you, maybe exploiting pictures of you on the internet. Sid, I've seen it. I remember Jagr starting to date this girl and she was just like me but once she realized what she could do just because she was dating one of the hottest Penguins, she changed majorly. If your parents think I'm all wrong for you, what would they say if you brought someone who was the exact opposite of me home knowing they only wanted you for your fame and money?"

"They'd probably hate her even more."

"Hmm, makes me want to go out and find her, let you bring her home to them and maybe they might like me more."

"Would your parents have liked me?"

"Yeah for the most part."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, my dad would have because you play for the Penguins, but then they would have been cautious because of how things ended with Rick. That whole 'are you sure you want to date another hockey player' thing. Mom might have a problem with the age difference until I explain that guys my age will never satisfy me as what you do."

Sidney started laughing "you would actually tell your mom that?"

"Yeah, it would be the final comment in the age difference argument. But it would come down to them wanting me to be happy and if you make me happy, they'll be happy for me."

"I wish I could have met them."

"Me too. Um, if you're able to, would you go to New York with me this year?"

"I would have gone even if you didn't ask me."

"Thanks. It'll be easier having you there with me. I kind of wanted to go for the 11th instead of the day before."

"You mean for the reading of the names ceremony?"

"Not so much that, just to be there on the day they actually died. I didn't want to attend the reading as much as just wanting to be around the site."

"Ok, whatever you want." Sidney noticed how quiet she got after that and just put his arms tighter around her. Karen smiled to herself that she found the love and comfort her parents left her without all those years.

Sidney looked at his watch and saw it was nearing 10p. He told Karen and she got up so he could. They blew out all the candles and headed inside and up to bed. After they got changed and in bed, Sidney wanted to play a little bit, but Karen didn't let him.

"Come on baby, you know you've been wanting this all day too."

"Yeah, but I'm not the one who needs his strength for working out tomorrow morning."

"Don't be so cruel baby, this will not interfere with my ability to work out tomorrow. Please?"

"Ooo, I love it when you beg me."

"You love it when I do something else too." Sidney slid his hand inside her underwear and his fingers found their way inside her. He began to pump them slowly making her give in to him. "Ready to give in yet?" he said in a husky voice.

"Even if you keep this up and make me give in, it's not helping you any" she said trying to fight the feelings stirring inside her.

"You underestimate me" he said as he removed his fingers and pulled her underwear off her hips and down her legs until they were off completely. Sidney got his boxers off and laid back inbetween Karen's legs, plunging himself into her heated core. He felt her wetness cover him as her began to thrust into her. Taking off her tank top, Sidney started off slowly to keep the rhythm going but would speed up before slowing down again. Karen wrapped her leg around him, squeezing her muscles to help bring him into her. Her fingernails dug into his shoulderblades as she felt him pick up the pace and pound harder. Sidney's mouth found hers and kissed her hard as both their bodies shook at the same time, climaxing together. Karen felt Sidney slow down, making sure he gave her every last ounce. When he was done, Sidney pulled away from her lips and smiled at her.

"Damn you Crosby."

"Just winning the argument baby" he said as he rolled off her and pulled her against his body. Karen just giggled into his chest before letting his mellow breathing rock her to sleep.

4 comments:

Val said...

How sweet was it that he did put together the romantic night out in the backyard...and loved that he won the argument...more soon, as usual...

Lauren said...

They are just so adorable together - where can I get a Sidney of my very own?

Kiki_isTHEbunny said...

"where can I get a Sidney of my very own?"

He's in your own mind and fantasy girl...that's where this one came from :)

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

So I fell behind a little, again. But now I`m all caught up again.

I loved the romantic night in the backyard and can`t wait to see what happens next.