11.16.2008

Chapter 52

The next morning Karen woke up to Sidney not beside her. She sat up on her elbows and looked at his side of the bed, seeing a note on the pillow. She picked it up and read it.

Went to work out, will be back in a couple of hours. Love you!

Karen smiled then laid back down. She looked at the clocked and decided to get her bathing suit on and lay out until Sidney came back. Karen got up and got ready, getting something light to eat before heading out to the pier. She put her towel down and took off her flip flops, diving into the water. She swam over to the raft and climbed up onto it. Karen just looked around at the scenery before laying down and letting the warm sun dry her off.

Meanwhile at the gym, Sidney and Jack were getting their work outs in and pushing each other to try and out do the others. After a while, they took a break and sat down.

"So what do you think about Karen?" Sidney asked his friend.

"I think she's great. Too bad your parents can't see it."

"I know, I don't know why they can't see what I see."

"Have they actually given you a good enough reason as to why they don't like her?"

"Not really. First my dad thought that since she's older than me she might pressure me into marriage or get pregnant and trap me with a baby."

"After only a few months of dating?"

"Try after a few days of dating. Then he thought that she was after my money and only wanted to be around me because of my fame."

"Sorry man."

"It's ok, I mean as long as we stay together for us and not what they think we'll be ok."

"Hope you mean that."

"What are you talking about Jack?"

"I shouldn't really say anything, but your mom told her to break up with you on the day she leaves so you can concentrate on training camp when you get back."

"She did WHAT?" Sidney said getting angry.

"That was one reason Karen was upset on your birthday. She told me not to tell you but I figured if she didn't say anything then she really did love you but I also wanted you to be prepared incase she did." Sidney was quiet and didn't respond "You ok?"

"Yeah, I mean I can see why she was upset and I thought it was mainly because of what my dad said about her present to me, but that was like the icing on the cake. I can't believe my mom would do that. I thought she actually liked her from how they hit it off on her first night here."

"Maybe if you talk to her about it after you get home she can tell you what she might do. I think that she loves you too much that she's leaving as your girlfriend."

"And after meeting her once you know all this?"

"Sid, look in her eyes. They obviously hold something for you and it's not sadness for an apparent break up in a few days. Come on, one more hour then you can go home to her."

"Now that I like."

They got back to their work out and Sidney tired to push what Jack had said out of his head. He decided he would ask Karen about it and hoped he got the answer he wanted.

When they got done an hour and a half later, Sidney asked Jack if he wanted to get Karen and grab some lunch with them. He agreed and followed Sidney to his house. After they got there, Sidney unlocked the door and called for Karen. They both walked around the house and didn't see her but Jack found a note on the kitchen table.

"I think I found her Sid."

"Where is she?"

"Look outside by the lake" Jack said as he showed him the note.

Hey stud. Went for a swim while you were gone, if I'm not in the house when you get back I might still be down by the lake. If you want me, come find me. Love you!!

"Should I say it again, breaking up with you is not what she wants" Jack says after Sidney read the note out loud.

"I got it Jack, come on."

They head outside and Sidney saw Karen lying on her back on the raft in the lake. He smiled then told Jack he was taking a little swim. Sidney took off his shirt and shoes, then dove in the lake. He swam as quietly as he could over to the raft to try and not let Karen hear him. Unfortunately for him, she did. Karen laid there smiling and waited to see what Sidney would do. Just as Sidney was about to jump up and scare her, Karen rolled over and sat up watching Sidney appear from the water.

"Think you could scare me Crosby?" Karen sat there laughing.

"No fair baby" he said climbing on to the raft to sit by her "you heard me coming."

"Actually, I heard talking and when I looked over, I saw you dive in and kind of had an idea what you were planning" she said standing up.

Sidney stood up and wrapped his arms around her waist "I'll have to try to be more quiet next time."

"Quiet isn't in your vocabulary stud."

"Like I'm the only one."

"Well then you need to quit doing things to make me scream" Karen said as she leaned up to kiss him.


"Could you guys maybe do that later? I would like to go get some lunch" Jack yelled from the pier.

"You brought a friend home."

"Hope you don't mind. I told him we would come to get you then go out for lunch, that is if you're up for it."

"I would love that. But now, I'm not the only one who needs a shower."

"We could always save time and share one."

"And that's saving time how?" Karen saw the smirk appear on his face "I'll make you a deal, we race to the pier for shower privileges."

"You got it and to show you how much of a gentleman I am, I will even give you a head start."

"Don't get all cocky on me. I want a fair race."

Sidney kissed her before they took their place on the edge of the raft. They both agreed on the count of three then they dove in and raced for the pier. Karen kept a good pace and was right beside Sidney until his long reach overtook hers and Sidney reached the pier first. He climbed up onto the pier and reached down to bring Karen up.

"I won, so I guess that means we share the shower."

"You won, I will give you that, but sharing the shower isn't what you won" Karen said grabbing her towel and walking to the house. "Hi Jack, bye Jack."

Sidney walked to catch up to her, but Jack caught his arm first "Ok, that body is what was under all those clothes the other day? Damn man, you get to hit that every night?"

I just lucked out I guess" Sidney said smiling as he went running to the house to try and get to Karen before she got into the shower. He got up to his room and heard the shower going. Sidney smiled when the door was unlocked. He got off his shorts and pulled the curtain back seeing the water running but Karen wasn't in there. He shook his head smiling and got under the water. Before he knew it, the curtain pulled back and Karen came in behind him.

"I thought you said I didn't win a shower with you?"

"If you want to get technical, then you did win a shower with me. Of course if you read between the lines, you could have won something else."

"When have we ever shared a normal shower? I knew what was at stake and I knew whoever won the race, we both would win in the shower."

"Jack is still downstairs waiting for us."

"Then I guess we need to get this shower started."

Karen smiled then kissed Sidney before going under the water to wash her hair. While she was, Sidney got the soap and washed both hers and his bodies. When they were done, Karen moved and Sidney got under to wash his hair. As she stood behind him, all thoughts of wanting to do everything to him was going through her mind. When she looked up his beautiful toned body, she met his eyes. Sidney pushed her up against the wall and kissed her with a heated kiss. Before she could say anything, Sidney picked up her leg and pressed himself against her as he held it on his hip. In one swift motion, he entered her, pushing her harder against the wall. As his thrusts got faster, Sidney found her lips again. He was determined for Karen to see that he didn't want her to make the wrong decision about them. The kiss continued as they each reached their climax. Sidney let her leg go but kept her on the wall, pressing his forehead to hers.

"You ok baby? Why are you shivering?"

"The water is turning cold." Karen said with almost a studder. Sidney leaned down and shut the water off then came back up to hold her, warming her up. "Not that I mind this, but a towel would work better."

"I know, I figured I would give it a shot."

Sidney let go of her and stepped out getting a towel and wrapping it around Karen's body as she came out. He got one for himself and wrapped it around his waist as well. Sidney's hand came up to caress her cheek and he felt the words dangle on his tongue. He couldn't bring himself to ask her what happened with his mom yet, so he pulled her closer to him and kissed her with a long, slow kiss. After a few minutes, Karen pulled back and looked Sidney dead in the eyes.

"Did something happen today that you're not telling me? I'm just getting this vibe from you."

Sidney traced his finger from her forehead to her chin before looking her in the eyes "no, nothing happened baby. The vibe is just how much I love you."

"I love you too. You think Jack gave up on us?"

"No, but we should get downstairs."

They left the bathroom and got dressed. Sidney went downstairs as Karen finished getting ready and promised she would only be five more minutes. As he got downstairs, Sidney saw Jack watching tv and just got a look from him.

"Sorry man."

"Like I didn't see that coming. Besides, it just gave me a chance to get my shower in the guest bathroom."

"I'm sure Karen will appreciate that. She'll be down in a minute."

"I don't really need a minute, but I could go back upstairs."

"Please don't" Jack said in almost a beg which got a laugh out of Karen and Sidney. The three of them headed out and went to lunch. During lunch, they talked and laughed with Jack telling stories of Sidney during draft day and anything that would be picking on him was an understatement. Sidney warned Karen about laughing at all the stories or he would have to sit down with all her friends and get some of her stories. Karen just shot him a look and then laughed. When they were done eating, they headed back to Sidney's house and Jack told them goodbye then left. Karen went in to the living room to sit down and waited for Sidney to join her.

"Are you ready to tell me what's bothering you?" she asked as he sat down beside her.

Sidney just looked at her and knew he couldn't hide anything from her, especially with what he was feeling about what Jack told him. "What did my mom tell you?"

Karen sat there stunned but had a feeling Jack said something when they were working out. There was no avoiding this conversation, she just hoped Sidney understood.

4 comments:

Val said...

Wow, another awesome chapter, and then you leave us hanging...ooooh, you are one smart writer.

More soon, please, like maybe, oh, now? :)

Lauren said...

Hahahaa I can totally picture Jack pulling Sid aside to comment about Karen's body lol

And I hope she ignore's his mother's demands and stays with Sidney, but I have a feeling this conversation is not going to go so well...

don't leave us hanging too long please!

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

I agree great chapter, and I can see Jack pulling Sid aside to say something.

I hope that she doesn`t listen to his mom, they need each other.

Please update soon.

Sam said...

Oh snap, how's this one gonna go over? Hopefully he'll take it alright, but it's Sid, who are we kidding?

Please post more soon! =]