11.27.2008

Chapter 55

Sidney took her to an indoor rink and when they went in, Karen saw the display cases that held jerseys from the teams Sidney played for.

"Is there anyplace in Canada that doesn't have a shrine to you?" Karen said trying to hide her smirk.

"I'm sure there are some places that don't, can't help it if I'm a hockey god."

"Man you are so cocky."

Sidney pulled her up against him "would you really like me to show you how cocky I can be?" he said whispering in her ear.

"I have no doubt you will show me later" Karen turned around and kissed him "but I want that fine ass on the ice first."

Sidney smiled then kissed her before taking her to ice level. They got their skates on, each grabbing a stick and heading on to the ice.

"Are you sure you can play if it's not your stick? Won't the world end in chaos now?" Karen said skating onto the ice with Sidney right behind her.

"You know what baby, you're playing with fire with talk like that."

They get to center ice and he puts the puck on the ice, getting in a face off stance "well let's see which one of us gets burned then."

"What are we playing for?" he asked her.

"What do you want if you win?"

"What do you want?"

"I'll tell you after I win."

Sidney just smiled and they hit sticks three times before vying for the puck. Sidney overpowered her and took the puck, skating around with it. Karen watched his every move and made one of her own by reaching her stick out and poking the puck away. She skated towards the net and made a move to shoot when Sidney got in front of the net and got his stick out to poke it away. They both raced into the corner and fought to get the puck out. When it came free, they skated towards it. Sidney grabbed a hold of Karen's waist with one arm and went for the puck. Karen dug her stick in there and Sidney slashed his stick on top of hers. Karen lifted her stick up to get his off of it but ended up hooking one of Sidney's skates and making him fall down.

"That is so 2 minutes for tripping" he said sitting on the ice.

"You slashed me first, where's you're penalty?"

Sidney got up and skated right up to her. He didn't say anything but lifted his arm and pointed towards the penalty box. Karen just looked at him and leaned up to him where she was inches from his lips.

"Fine. I'll got sit for 2 minutes" Karen skated to the box. When she stepped in, she turned back to Sidney "have fun playing by yourself."

"You'll only be in there for 2 minutes baby."

"I didn't mean for next 2 minutes only stud."

Karen sat down and crossed her arms over her chest, watching Sidney skate around and take shots at the net. He came over to the penalty box and Karen didn't make a move to get up.

"You're time's up. You can come back out to finish playing now" Sidney said opening the door.

"I'm not playing with you cheater" she said still sitting there.

"Baby, come on" he said sitting beside her. Sidney smiled and leaned in to kiss her neck "please finish the game with me?"

"Begging is not going to put you back on my good side Crosby" Karen said standing up and leaving the box, skating over by the net.

Sidney skated after her and stood behind her "are you really mad at me baby?" he asked as he put am arm around her, pulling her to him.

"Yes I am."

"Is there anything I can do to make you not mad at me?"

Karen smiled to herself and lifted her arm pointing to the penalty box. "I believe you have a 2 minute penalty for slashing to serve."

Sidney turned her around to face him "can I serve my 2 minutes another way?"

"And what way is that?"

He skated them over to the benches and went in. He sat down and brought Karen down on his lap so she was straddling him "I think I am going to like serving this penalty."

"You know if you would have served it the same time as mine, we could have done this in the penalty box" Karen pointed out.

"Now you mention it." Karen leans in and kisses him as she felt his hands roam up her back and then back down to her butt, keeping them there to hold her on his lap. "Am I forgiven?" Sidney said pulling away from her lips.

"I haven't decided that yet."

"Maybe I can entice you a little more."

"And how do you plan on doing that?"

"I have a few ideas."

"Care to share any of them with me?"

"I will later...after we finish the game."

Karen got off Sidney's lap "nice way to spoil the mood there. Is there room for anything else in that brain of yours that isn't hockey related" she said before skating off.

Sidney skated after her confused "what just happened here?"

"You want to finish the game, let's just finish it."

They continued their game and Sidney realized making Karen upset just made her play better. Each met the other's moves and played hard. Any goals that were scored was by chance or luck as they kept on each other. With the score tied 4-4 and playing to 5, Sidney made a move and caught Karen off guard and scored the 5th goal. Karen just watched him do a mini celebration and shook her head, skating to the bench.

Sidney soon joined her "I don't think anyone has ever challenged me that hard that wasn't in an actual game."

"You underestimate my abilities then. Congratulations" Karen left the ice and headed to the locker room. She was taking off her skates and putting her shoes back on when Sidney came in. When he sat down to take his skates off, Karen got up and walked into the bathroom, leaving Sidney to watch her walk away. A couple minutes later Karen came back and picked up her skates to only have Sidney reach out and grab them to carry them for her. She just smiled at him and they headed out. The car ride back to Sidney's house was quiet and he didn't want to press anything until he was sure of what was going on. After they pulled up to the house and he parked the car, they got out and went inside.

"I'm going to make something to eat. Do you want anything?" she asked him.

"I'll have whatever you're having."

When Karen went into the kitchen, Sidney went to put the skates away and change clothes. He came back down and Karen had brought in two plates with sandwiches and some chips and was coming back with two bottles of water. After she put the bottles down, Sidney grabbed her as she stood back up.

"What are you mad about?"

"I'm not mad. It was a game and I lost, not like it was a blow out or anything. We both played hard, you just got the winning goal."

"That's not it. It was when I changed it back to wanting to finish playing." Sidney saw Karen's eyes drop away from his and she moved back, taking a seat on the arm of the couch.

"It was the first time you did that. I'm the one usually to push you away because you would be late for practice or something, but when you did it and we were just playing around it threw me off guard."

Sidney walked over and knelt down in front of her "when I said that my intentions were to finish the game so we could come back here and finish the other. I meant it no other way, I swear."

"I know. It just scared me for a minute that you could slip away from me that easily."

"Neither one of us is going anywhere ok?" He saw Karen nod her head in response before he leaned up and kissed her softly. They pulled apart and went to sit down to eat.

A few hours later, they were watching tv when Sidney got up and went upstairs. Karen just watched him with confusion and went back to the tv. A few minutes had past and Sidney came back down wearing his swim shorts and carrying a towel. He walked past the living room and blew Karen a kiss before heading outside. She sat there and smiled to herself before heading outside too. She walked down to the pier and watched him swim around.

"Did you not want me to join you?"

"I don't remember saying that. It's up to you if you want to join me."

Sidney saw Karen turn around and thought she would go get her suit on as well. What he didn't expect was that she turned back around to face him and took off her shirt, throwing it down. Next to go was her knit pants and Sidney thought she would just jump in with her underwear on. He was wrong when Karen reached behind her and unhooked her bra, letting it fall off her arms and down to the pier. She put her thumbs in the waistband of her panties and slowly took them off her hips and down her legs. As Karen stepped out of them, Sidney's eyes widen at the naked sight of her and couldn't believe she did that. Karen dove in and came up near Sidney.

"Mind if I join you?"

Sidney made a move to close the gap between them "I don't mind at all baby."

4 comments:

Lauren said...

He would have to win of course. He's so damn competitive!


I loved the end - I love how she's so comfortable around him!

More soon, please!

Val said...

Thank you so much for updating - I have been in withdrawal since the last chapter. This was so worth the wait - more very, very soon, please!

Oh, and awesome, as usual!

Unknown said...

write more sooooooooooooooooooon

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

As always I completely agree with Lauren.

Can`t wait for more