1.03.2009

Chapter 74

When Karen was finally done with the dishes and getting everything cleaned up she joined Sidney in the living room. She walked in and he had found a game on tv, she laughed as she sat down beside him.

"If you're not playing it I guess you're watching it."

"What?"

"Um, hockey. Can you not go one day without dealing with the game?"

"Nope" he said putting his arm around her letting her snuggle up to him "it's in my blood."

"We may need to get you a transfusion."

"You love it and you know it."

"You know, you keep watching all these other games and I might find me a new hockey stud."

"That's not possible."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because every guy in the league knows you're mine and they will stay away from you."

Karen sat there laughing "I can't believe you just said that."

Sidney turned off the tv and turned to her "I have to make sure I keep you around. See, I like having you around and don't want to see you with anyone else."

"It would take a lot for that to happen."

"Even if I break my leg and could never play again?"

"Do you think I'm only with you because you play the game? You could be a coal miner and work 12 hour shifts 3 hours away and I would still be with you because I love you and the person you are, not because of what you do or how much you make."

"I know you're not only with me because of who I am and that's what I love about you. You let me be myself and I don't have to be the hockey hero or millionaire that I am."

"Wait? You're a millionaire? That changes everything." Karen tried to hide her smile but couldn't when Sidney busted out laughing as well. "The money is nice and having the title of Sidney Crosby's girlfriend makes it fun when I see the reaction from all the girls at the games, but knowing that I'm the one you want and want to spend your time away from the ice with makes it even better."

"Why mom and dad can't see this I'll never understand."

"You know I was getting turned on but I think I just lost my erection with that comment" she said as she moved to sit up.

"Sorry."

"You must have talked to them."

"Yeah, I was going to tell them about us being back together but as soon as I said your name my dad started up again."

"So they don't like me, it's not the end of the world."

"I know. I just want them to love you like I love you." Karen shot him a look "ok, not exactly like I love you."

"Why don't we head upstairs and I'll let you love me like you want to."

Sidney smiled and stood up helping Karen up. They walked towards the steps and Sidney picked her up and carried her upstairs. He put her down gently by the bed and kept her in front of him.

"Does it hurt if you lay on your bad knee?"

"Not if it's wrapped, why?"

"You'll see."

Sidney kissed Karen as he began to undress her. She got the hint and started to undress him as well. After all clothes had been shed, Sidney carefully picked her up and placed her on the bed. He told her to lay on her left side and after she did, Sidney laid on the bed facing her. He leaned in and kissed her, moving his body as close as he could to hers and not leaving an inch between them.

"Well I like what you have planned so far" Karen said breaking the kiss.

"I'm sure you'll love the rest too."

Sidney brought his hand up and caressed her cheek before diving in for another kiss. He moved his hand from her cheek to her breast, lightly massaging it before moving to her leg. Sidney grabbed her leg and bent it, wrapping it around his hip. They stayed in that position for a little while kissing. Karen felt Sidney become hard against her. She broke the kiss and whispered 'now' to him. Sidney smiled then kissed her again as he moved his hand inbetween them to help guide himself to her entrance. He slowly entered her, not wanting to hurt her since they haven't had sex for a couple months. Karen left his lips and gasped as she felt Sidney stretch her. When he was completely in, Sidney stayed still for a moment, loving the feeling of being inside her again. He started to move slowly at first but went faster when he heard Karen's breathing become heavier. Sidney's hand went to Karen's ass and pushed her into him so he could go deeper with every thrust. Karen buried her head into his neck as her orgasm ripped through her body making her muscles clamp down on him. After a few more thrusts, Sidney dug his fingers into her ass as he came deep inside her.

Sidney brought his hand up and lifted her face towards his, planting kisses to her lips "are you ok?"

"I'm perfect."

"I've missed doing this with you."

"I've missed it too. So how long have you been thinking about this?"

"For awhile now, but I wanted to make sure it would work and not hurt you more."

"I'm surprised it took you this long."

"What's that suppose to mean?" he said laughing.

"I'm just surprised you didn't plan this sooner, or better yet wait for two more weeks."

"Being around you, there was no way I could wait two more weeks."

"I know. You are too irresistable Crosby."

"Like you're not just as irresistable baby."

"Not now I'm not. I need to work out a little bit, getting soft from not working and sitting around."

"You are not getting soft baby."

"Oh stop it, you already got me."

"Yeah I do. Now go to sleep baby" he said as he kissed her forehead and let her get comfortable up against him. "I love you baby."

"I love you too Sid." Karen closed her eyes and fell asleep listening to his heartbeat.

The next week and a half went by and Sidney would be going on a two day road trip over Thanksgiving. Karen had her doctor's appointment on the Tuesday before he left so he could go with her. The new medication brought down some more of the swelling and Karen would be allowed to go back to work on the following Monday. The doctor still ordered her to wear the brace once she got situated on the floor but she could take it off when walking around.

Karen had invited Natalie to the house for their own Thanksgiving dinner and to watch the games. They normally went to Sheril's but she had more family come in this year and Karen didn't want to really be around more people. Besides, Natalie was one of the fortunate ones and didn't have to work the Black Friday rush.

As they watched the game on Wednesday night, Karen saw how Natalie's eyes were fixated on the tv every time Max was on the ice. She had to smile to herself because she was like that with Sidney, well, she still is.

"So, have you talked to Max lately?" Karen asked with a smile.

"He's called me a couple of times and when he was away for games."

"Isn't that what a boyfriend does?"

"I don't know, is that what Sid does?"

"Yeah."

"Then that's what a boyfriend does."

"Come on Nat, why won't you give him a chance?"

"Because I'm not about to be a notch on his hockey stick. I've heard the stories, I've seen the pictures online. I'm not stupid Kiki, I know he's a player and I am not about to set myself up like that."

"Maybe he was like that but maybe he was also waiting for the right woman to come along and change all that for him."

"Why are you pushing for this to happen?"

"Because I want to see you happy. Max is smart and funny and sexy and that accent....you know as well as I do how accents make any man sexier then he already is. Just think of all those night he could speak French to you."

"Ok, stop it."

"What? Besides I would love to have you to talk to in the player's lounge before a game."

"Why don't you talk to the other wives or girlfriends?"

"Because they don't talk to me. I'm not saying there rude or stuck up they just don't seem to want to talk to me. A couple of them are nice though but I'd rather have you there."

"It's probably because you don't sit with them during the games."

"I'm not giving up my season tickets just because I'm dating Sidney to go sit with the them. Plus I've seen them sit there and be very uninterested in the game and you know I'm not like that."

"Yeah I know. Even if there's kids around you and Sheril's mouths know no limits."

"How about this, one day during December the four of us go out for dinner? That way there's no pressure on you, we all just go and have fun."

"Alright I guess I can do that."

Karen sat there smiling at her friend until she smiled back. They watched the rest of the game and then went to bed. The next morning Karen got up and got the turkey fixed and in the oven. She was going to go lay back down because her knee was still hurting a bit. She twisted in bed wrong the night before and her knee felt like it popped. As soon as she laid down, her cell phone went off. When she picked it up, she saw it was Sidney.

"Did they give you today off?"

"Morning baby. No, we've got a practice in a couple of hours and I was just laying here missing you beside me."

"Well I always miss you when you're not beside me. Especially since I only have a few more days at home before I go back to work on Monday."

"I thought you were going to be commuting now."

"I am but you have three road games next week and two of them are back to back games."

"But I'll be home Monday and you can wake up with me beside you on Tuesday. Just plan to stay at Maggie's from Tuesday night on. I'll be home late Saturday night."

"You drive a hard bargain Crosby."

"I know. So what are you up to today?"

"Well Natalie is here and I already have a turkey in the oven baking. So in a few hours we'll get the rest done and have an early dinner."

"Wish I was there then here that's for sure."

"Anytime you want me to make you a turkey dinner I will stud."

"I'm going to hold you to that baby. I better go get ready for practice. I love you and I will see late Friday night."

"I love you too and I will save a space for you in bed when you get home."

"Sounds good. Bye baby."

"Bye stud."

They hung up, each smiling to themselves. Karen put her phone on her nightstand and curled under the covers for a nap. A couple hours later, Karen got up and headed downstairs to check on the turkey. She heard talking and went towards the voice. Karen smiled when she heard Natalie on her cell phone talking to Max. She knew it was Max because Natalie said his name at least four times since she was standing there. Karen quietly walked back into the kitchen and checked the turkey seeing it still have a couple hours and at least an hour to get everything else done. She walked into the kitchen and turned on the tv waiting for Natalie to come join her.

A few minutes later she did and they watched a movie for an hour. They got the rest of the food ready and everything was ready when the turkey was done. When they were eating they talked more about the possible double date and Karen picked up that Natalie was indeed getting used to the idea of dating Max. She couldn't wait to make sure it happened. After they ate and got cleaned up, they settled in for the rest of the day.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Awww yay! Natalie finally agreed to a date with Max :)

And Sid and Karen are just too adorable - I love how they still flirt constantly even after they've been together a while!

Val said...

predictably, I ditto Lauren in everything - can't wait for the doubledate!

Anonymous said...

yay!
i finished reading the whole story, and i LOVE it!
sid and karen are too adorable together!