1.13.2009

Chapter 80

They got back to the house and Sidney helped Karen with her coat before taking off his. Karen told him she was going to go change but he stopped her and led her into the living room. He motioned for her to sit down as he went and turned on the Christmas tree. He brought a bag out from under tree and smiled as he sat down and handed Karen the bag.

"Um, you seriously went in here to shop" Karen asked smiling at the Victoria Secrets' bag "by yourself?"

"No, not by myself. I did have a shopping buddy."

"Oh god that's just scary to wonder who you went into this type of store with. If it was one of the guys I have to go with Max, maybe Marc. Vero seems like a Victoria Secrets girl."

"Actually it was Vero. I was out getting your other gifts and her and Marc were shopping when I saw them. He asked what I had and I mentioned I wanted to find something else for you and the store was like right there, so she talked me into finding you something in there."

"She had to talk you into it? What, do I not fit the profile of someone who would wear anything from that store?"

"That's not what I'm saying baby. I just didn't want to get the wrong thing. She showed me a couple of things and then I saw something perfect for you and she said from being around you for a couple of the games, Vero even said it fit your style."

"So why am I getting it now?"

"Because if I give it to you tomorrow knowing we're pressed for time with leaving tomorrow night, I wouldn't get to take advantage of seeing you in it." Karen leaned over and kissed his cheek before getting up "where you going?"

"I'm going to change" she said taking the bag and heading upstairs.

Sidney sat there smiling for a few minutes then got up and went to the kitchen to get something to drink for them and waited for her to come back down.

Karen got to the bedroom and put the bag on the bed. She opened it up and had to laugh at what was inside. She wasn't laughing at the actual present, but what it looked like. Karen pulled out a pair of short shorts, a pair of high cut bikinis and a cami top with spaghetti straps in a very soft cotton. The funny part...it was a camo pattern, pink camo. She had seen pink camo in some lounge pants for women at the store and she actually owned the pants in three different camo colors but for Sidney to pick it out was just scary that he was in sync with her. Karen got undressed and jumped in the shower real quick to freshen up. A few minutes later, she dried off and began getting dressed putting on the bikinis and cami top. Karen wasn't going to put on the shorts but decided to make Sidney find the bikinis. When she was dressed, she fluffed her hair and looked in the mirror satisfied with what she saw. Karen headed downstairs and saw Sidney sitting on the floor in front of the tree. She stopped in the doorway and waited for him to look over at her. When he did, his eyes widen and his jaw almost hit the floor.

"I must say Crosby, you have an eye for what I'd like."

"Wow, I mean, well yeah...wow. I could picture you wearing it but I didn't really picture how beautiful you would be to actually wear it."

"Can I just ask what made you get the camo print?"

"And you work where baby? I thought it was appropriate for you and your style."

"It's perfect and I love it, thank you."

"Good, now if you would come sit with me I would love that."

Karen smiled and walked over to Sidney by the tree. He scooted back to lean up against the couch and had Karen sit inbetween his legs.

"This is nice. I'm glad I came with you."

I'm glad too. I want you to open one more present tonight."

"If I keep opening them, what am I going to open tomorrow?"

"This is the last one I promise baby." Sidney handed her a small square box and Karen's heart jumped into her throat "open it" he whispered. When she did, Karen saw the most exquisite diamond solitaire ring in white gold. Karen looked back and forth from the ring to Sidney trying to make sense of what it meant.

"Sid...I..." Karen tried to speak but she had no words forming.

Sidney took the ring from the box and held it "I bought this ring for you to show how much love I have in my heart for you. You have turned my world upside down since that day on the ice. We had a great start and had a few bumps along the way, but I feel that now we're together again, our love has gotten stronger." Sidney held up her left hand "I know neither one of us is ready for what this ring should mean, but what it means to me and hopefully to you, is my commitment to you and us. You can wear it on any finger on either hand but one day..." Sidney places the ring on her left hand and directly on her ring finger "....I hope it ends up and stays on this one and one day it will mean what its suppose to."

Karen looks at the ring on her finger and then at Sidney. She had tears streaming down her cheeks "Sid..."

Sidney got an uneasy feeling and got up from behind her "You don't like it or it's not right for the moment. I knew I should have waited" he said continuing his mumbling.

"Sid?" Karen tried to get his attention.

"You or I, we could return it and get you a pair of earrings or another necklace. I just wanted to show you how much your love means to me."

"Sid?" she said still trying to get his attention as he paced around.

"Great Crosby, jump the gun and possibly lose the girl" he said to himself as Karen got up and walked over to him. She placed her hand on his back and he turned around and saw her standing there "please say something." Karen spoke more than words when she wrapped her arms around his neck and brought him down for a kiss. She felt Sidney put his arms around her waist bringing her closer to him.

When they broke apart Karen looked into Sidney's eyes "I love you. I love that you bought me a symbol of your love to show how committed you are to me. When I saw the ring, I didn't think about what is suppose to go along with it. When and if that time does come for us that you want it to mean something else, then I will cherish it even more. I love the commitment you have towards me and you didn't need to buy me anything to show that. Just you telling me you love me everyday tells me that, I just have a beautiful ring to prove that."

Sidney wiped the tears from her face "I'm glad you like it, I got scared from your look and when you started to say something I thought you were going to give it back."

"I don't want to give it back and every day that I wear it, I know I have someone to love me and that someone is you" Karen raised up her left hand "and I kind of like it on the finger it's on. I know it'll raise a lot of questions but it just feels right being there."

"Let me handle the questions ok, especially if the media picks up on it."

"Ok but I don't know how pubicly I may wear it, especially to games, if that's alright with you."

"I understand baby. It does stand out there huh?" he said holding up her hand.

"It does, but it's suppose to" Karen smiled at him. "I feel bad that I got to open two presents and you didn't get to open any."

"Who says I don't get to open one?" Sidney traced the low neckline and lightly touched the top of her breasts "mine will just be more fun to open. Didn't this outfit come with another piece?"

"If you want to see it, you have to find it." Karen kissed Sidney again and then headed upstairs. Sidney just smiled and went to turn everything off and locked up before running upstairs to join her.

When Sidney got upstairs, he saw Karen on the bed. She was lying down, her arm propping herself up on the pillows. "Wow you're slow. Do you save all your speed for on the ice?" she said smiling at him.

"I thought you liked it when I go slow" he said laying down beside her.

"I guess it depends on the situation."

"Well maybe I can make up for making you wait for me."

"I can't wait to see what you have in mind" she said as she unbuttoned his dress shirt and lightly ran her hands over his chest. They both got up on their knees and Karen pushed the shirt off his shoulders, throwing it to the floor. She made her way down to his pants and undid the belt, making her way to the zipper. Karen made sure she rubbed over him before she unzipped his pants. She sneaked her hand inside to get a better feel of him, rubbing harder as she went. Sidney kissed her before he removed her hand and got off the bed. He finished getting undressed and climbed back on the bed. Sidney laid Karen down and got on top of her. He made kisses down her neck to the neckline of the cami. He pulled back the fabric as his hand made it's way inside, cupping and massaging her breast. He pulled his hand out as they went to the hem of the shorts. Sidney pulled them off her hips to reveal the bikinis.

"I knew there was something else that went with it" Sidney leaned back to look at them "I think I like them better than the shorts."

"Why doesn't that surprise me."

"You know there is one thing I like better than anything when it comes to you."

"And what would that be?"

"You completely naked."

"Well I'm not stopping you stud."

Sidney smiled his sexy little grin before taking off the bikinis and finishing the task by taking off the cami. He just looked at her and smiled before lying directly on top of her. Sidney moved his hand inbetween them to spread her legs apart as far as they could go. It was like Sidney couldn't get close enough to her. They laid there kissing as Karen wrapped her leg around his thigh and moved her hip up into him. Sidney took one of Karen's hands and moved it between them. She knew what he wanted her to do and she obliged him by taking a hold of him, massaging him. Karen started out slow and then began to pick it up when she felt Sidney get harder. She moved him to her opening and let him fnd his way inside her. Karen took in a deep breath when she felt him slide inside, stretching every muscle to make him fit. As many times that they made love, every time was like the first time for them. Sidney let out a low growl as he started pumping into her. He loved the tightness of her. Karen arched her back as her fingernails made their way into Sidney's back with every thrust he poured into her. Between the whimpers and moans that filled the room, Karen pleaded with Sidney to go harder and faster. As each thrust pumped into her, Karen's body started to shake. Her orgasm made it's presence known from the loud moan that escaped her lips. Sidney continued pounding into her until he couldn't last any longer and filled her up as his own orgasm hit hard. He laid his forehead upon hers until their breathing became normal.

Sidney lifted his head and looked at the clock. He saw it was after midnight "Merry Christmas baby."

Karen smiled at him "Merry Christmas Sid." She leaned up and captured his lips in a heated kiss. Sidney, still connected to her, rolled them to their sides. Their lips finally separated and Karen snuggled into his chest as Sidney pulled her as close as he could get her so they could fall alseep.

When morning finally came, Karen woke up before Sidney and just laid there enjoying his arms being wrapped around her. Sometime during the night, Karen had changed positions and Sidney was spooning up against her. She laid there and thought about last night when she looked at her left hand and smiled. She held it up a little and played with the ring as she stared at it.

"I think it looks even more beautiful today" Sidney said whispering in her ear.

"Yeah it does, morning" Karen turned her head so their lips could meet for a kiss.

"Morning baby. How about we get dressed and head downstairs?" Sidney said after breaking the kiss.

"Why would we want to do that?" Karen asked, trying not to smile.

"You're kidding me right?"

"What are you like 5 now?" she said laughing.

"Well it is Christmas and I am going to go open that huge box downstairs with or without you." Sidney kissed her then jumped up finding a pair of shorts and putting them on before running out of the room. Karen continued laughing at him and got herself up. She found some clothes and got dressed to meet Sidney downstairs. When she got there, Sidney was moving the big box by the couch and getting ready to open it, but Karen stopped him.

"Could we maybe get some coffee first?"

"Go ahead" Sidney said not looking at her and trying to find a way to rip off the tape.

"Sid? Will you wait at least 5 more minutes please? I want to see you open it."

Sidney stopped what he was doing a looked at her with somewhat of a dejected look on his face "why do you like to torture me like this?"

Karen walked over to him and pulled him away from the box "because I can and because it's fun. Five minutes will not kill you."

"Alright, I am kind of hungry. You make the coffee and I will get us something to eat."

They walked into the kitchen and Karen made the coffee. Sidney warmed up some cinnamon rolls his mom gave him last night for them. They took their breakfast into the living room and set it on the coffee table. As soon as they sat down on the couch, Sidney gave Karen a huge puppy dog face.

"Go ahead and open it" Karen told him.

Sidney kissed her cheek and got back up. He went over to get the last couple of boxes for Karen and set them down for her. His only instructions was that she saved the little one for last. She said she would and went to open the other two boxes while Sidney ripped off the tape to open his. One box Karen opened had a beautiful black dress with white on the top and spaghetti straps. She stood up and held it against her. It came to mid thigh and the white covered half the top from one strap and angled to the opposite hip. It was simple yet elegant. She smiled as she looked at it and Sidney looked over at her.

"You like it?"

"I love it. But why a dress?"

"You never know what black tie functions I may need to attend this year and I want my date to turn all the heads."

"Is that the only reason you bought it for me?"

"No, but I figured it was the perfect answer for it. I want you to have every beautiful thing in this world baby" he said leaning over to steal a kiss.

"Does that mean I can have Staalsy? He's kind of pretty."

"Ouch baby, that hurt."

Karen kissed him "sorry." She went back to opening her other box when she heard Sidney's expression to his gift.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." Sidney looked at her with his shocked expression "are you serious?" He started taking everything out of the box. Sidney pulled out a new fishing pole, a huge tackle box that was filled with hooks, bait...everything imaginable you would need to go fishing, a net, and cleaning supplies. "Baby, all of this can't be for me."

"I don't see how you could have one without the other. So when I got the pole, I figured you could use the things that needed to go with it."

"But, the pole itself is over a couple hundred dollars. I know, I've been looking at it and when you add everything else to it....there's no way you can afford this."

"Sid, I have a great discount at work and yes I can afford it. I remember you being in awe that we carried it and I knew I needed to get it for you."

"But baby..."

"Just stop" she said putting her finger over his lips to stop him from talking "I wanted to get you this because I know you love to go fishing while you're here during the summer. It doesn't matter what it cost, I love you."

"I love you too baby." Sidney put his hand in her hair and brought her closer to him "thank you, I love it...really."

"You're welcome. But can I ask you one little question?"

"Sure."

"Exactly how many Reebok shirts are in this box?"

Sidney leaned over and looked "about 12."

"So I can wear one a month and be set for the whole year."

"That was painful."

"Baby, you need to know the limits to sponsor kindness."

"Can't help it" he said kissing her cheek. He saw the little box left and grabbed it, handing it to her "last one."

Karen took the box and opened it. Inside was another felt box and Karen knew it was another piece of jewelry. She opened it and saw it was the Open Heart necklace by Jane Seymore. Karen remembered commenting how pretty it was from its commerical, but she didn't realize Sidney would have gone out to get it for her. "It's more beautiful looking at it in person. You didn't need to get me this."

"Yes I did. I love you and you deserve it."

"You're making feel like I don't deserve you."

"Yeah you do. Thank you for my gifts baby."

"Thank you for mine too."

Sidney brought her in for another kiss but was soon interrupted by his phone ringing. He let go of her and answered it. Sidney hung up a few minutes later "mom wants us over at the house in a couple hours."

"Ok." They sat back on the couch and enjoyed the next hour just being together before needing to get ready and heading to his parent's house.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

so i love this.
i was so scared when he "proposed", but it's all good now!

Mel said...

ooh i need another update! great chapter

Val said...

now, that was really sweet; I loved his explanation for the ring and I loved that she chose to wear on the "right" finger...more soon, please, you rock, as always!

Lauren said...

"Does that mean I can have Staalsy? He's kind of pretty."

I LOVE IT! Staalsy is very pretty.

More soon, please!