1.11.2009

Chapter 77

When Karen went to work on Monday she got a few things worked out before leaving. That night, Sheril had the girls over to watch the game against Buffalo.

"I hope they win tonight" Sheril said.

"I think we all want that, even the guys" Karen added.

The game started and went on, ending in overtime. The girls were all secretly praying that it turned out how they wanted it and it did. Sidney scored 43 seconds into overtime, but they were reviewing it to see if he hit it in with a high stick. They ruled it a goal and the girls all screamed in excitement. Everyone left Sheril's after that because they all had to get up for work the next day. Natalie drove Karen to Maggie's.

"Are you going with Sidney home for Christmas?"

"I unfortunately have to work on the 24th, so no."

"Sorry about that. Max invited me to go with him and I am."

Karen smiled at her friend "wow, that's a big step meeting all his family on a rather special holiday. What did your mom say when you told her?"

"Her and dad are already gone. They headed to Indiana Sunday to visit family. They figured I would want to stay home and be with you since you're alone."

"But now you're going to Montreal, so it wouldn't have mattered."

"Sorry Kiki. I could always tell Max I can't and stay home with you."

"No, out of the question. Nat this is good for you, I've been alone for Christmas for 6 years, the 7th one won't be any different."

Natalie pulled up to Maggie's house "why don't you stay around with Mags?"

"She's going to be with her family and I really don't want to intrude. I'll be fine. I'll go home Wednesday after work and make dinner on Thursday and get up early the next day for work like it was a normal day. I just want all the details of a French Canadian Christmas when you get back."

"You got it. I get done at 1p tomorrow as well, so maybe I can hitch a ride with you after work. I'll be leaving with Max right after the game and was hoping you could pick me up at the airport Thursday night."

"I think we can arrange that. Thanks for the ride, I'll see you tomorrow at work." Karen got out of the car and headed inside. She got ready for bed and just laid down when her cell phone rang.

"Congrats baby" she said knowing it was Sidney.

"Thanks. I didn't wake you did I?"

"No, I just laid down so I wasn't asleep yet."

"Good. We're going to be heading back soon and I wanted to get you before you went to bed."

"Well you got me, so whatcha want?"

"Just to say that I love you and I can't wait to see you tomorrow afternoon."

"I love you too Sid. I should be home regular time."

"Just in time for my pre-game nap."

"Don't you know by now that I plan it that way?"

"I'm glad you do baby. I need to finish getting ready so we can leave."

"Ok. I'll see you tomorrow stud."

"bye baby, I love you."

"You said that already."

"And I will forever keep saying it. I love you, I love you, I love you."

"Oh my god, put us out of our misery please" a voice from a distance yelled.

"Do I need to know who that was?"

"It was Jordan" Sidney said laughing "night baby."

"Night stud." She hung up from him and put her phone back on the nightstand so she could got to sleep.

On Tuesday, Karen was at work and before she left her manager called a meeting. At one, she met Natalie by the time clock and they headed to Pittsburgh. When they got to the house, Sidney was watching tv and when he saw Karen walk through the door, he got up and practically ran to her, pulling her into a hug.

"My god you two, can't you save it for later" Natalie said before heading to the kitchen.

"I'll remember that when you see Max before the game tonight and you get like this" Karen said yelling back to her.

"I am so glad you're home baby" Sidney said before capturing her lips in a kiss.

"Me too."

"Yeah but I missed you the most since I hadn't seen you after Sunday morning."

"Um, I hadn't seen you in the same amount of time what makes you so special?"

"I just am and I am ready to hold on to you for the next hour and a half."

"Let me go get something to drink and I'll be right up, ok?"

"Ok, just don't take to long."

"I won't."

Sidney kissed her before he went upstairs. Karen went into the kitchen to get her drink and then went upstairs to join Sidney. When she walked into the bedroom, Sidney was already laying down and waiting for her. She took off her shoes and then crawled into bed beside him, curling up to his chest.

"You know I'm going to be leaving after the game tonight."

"I know. Nat is going with Max to Montreal so she'll be leaving with him afterwards too."

"I wish you we're leaving with me."

"I know. Close your eyes and take your nap." Sidney kissed her head and did just that. Karen laid there and smiled before closing her eyes too.

When the alarm rang, Sidney got up and got ready. Karen sat up and got ready herself. She headed downstairs to make Sidney something to eat and when he came down, the food was ready. Natalie joined them and they all ate. Since Sidney was leaving after the game, Karen was going to have to drive her and Natalie to the game. He told her to park in the player's lot and come in when they got there. He kissed her and left for the arena. Natalie went to go get ready and Karen did some things before they left.

After they got to the arena, Karen and Natalie were heading to the locker room when a familiar voice called out to her.

"Karen?"

Karen turned around and saw Rick standing behind her "hey Rick" she said hugging him "how are you?"

"Good. Are you down here to see me? Why are you by the locker rooms?"

"Um, actually I'm dating Sidney Crosby."

"Really? When did this happen?"

"Since last April, we kind of were broken up when we talked during the preseason but we're back together now."

"You never could resist a hockey player huh?"

"At least the ones that were assholes" Natalie said.

"Rick, you remember my friend Natalie."

"Yeah, it's nice to see you again."

"You too" she said with a fake smile "I'm going to go find Max, excuse me."

"Sorry about that" Karen apologized as Nat walked into the locker room "Apparently I'm the only one to forgive you for all that happened."

"That's ok, yours is the only one that counts. I won't keep you so if I don't see you after the game, Merry Christmas" Rick said giving her a hug.

"Merry Christmas to you too Rick" she said then walked into the locker room to find Sidney. She found him on the couch with Nat and Max waiting for her to join them.

"What kept you baby?"

"The dreaded ex" Natalie said rolling her eyes.

"Who?"

"I ran into Rick outside and thank you Nat for being so nice to him."

"The guy's a jerk Karen."

"Well I've forgiven him and either you need to too or keep all opinions to yourself regarding him."

"Alright, no need to get all testy."

"Nat I need to get my sticks taped up, come with me?" Max said breaking the tension that just filled the room.

"Sure" she said letting Max help her up and out of the room.

"What's going on Karen?"

"Nothing, it's just been long enough and they need to give it a rest when it comes to him."

"Ok."

"He asked me why I was down around the locker rooms. I guess he thought I was looking for him."

"What did you tell him?"

"That I was dating you and coming to spend time with you before you needed to get ready."

Sidney smiled that she told him instead of making something up "hope he took it well."

"It doesn't matter how he takes it, I'm with you not him" she said kissing him.

"First I have to hear it and now I have to see it, give me a break guys" Jordan said walking into the room and sitting down near them.

"What's the matter Jordan? Not getting any as regular as the captain is?" Karen said causing Sidney to look at her.

"Unless you're offering Karen, I don't think you need to pull at that thread."

"She better not be offering" Sidney said looking at her seriously.

"I'm not offering stud, eventhough it could be fun."

"Now that's what I'm talking about" Jordan said.

"Down Staalsy, she's mine and I will never let that happen."

"Got to love the overprotective boyfriend" Karen said kissing him.

"Well all I can say is, thank god it's time to go get ready to play hockey." Jordan flashed them a smile and left to get dressed.

"I better go too" Sidney kissed her again.

"Will I get to see you before you leave tonight?" Karen asked with hopeful eyes.

"I wouldn't want it any other way baby."

They got up and Karen walked him to the entrance of the locker room "good luck tonight stud."

"Thanks baby. I love you."

"I love you too." They kissed once more and Karen left to meet Natalie in the hallway. They headed outside to meet Sheril and Diane and waited to go inside.

2 comments:

Val said...

Love the interaction with Rick and with Jordan, keep that up...flirting with Jordan keeps everyone on their toes!

Anonymous said...

awww jordy can't get any lovin.
wanna make me into a character?! lol.
2 updates in 1 day! what fun!
update soon!! <3