5.10.2009

Chapter 123

The next couple days, the Pens would be playing three games in four nights. The first one being Wednesday night and the arena was rockin. They came out on top and won the game, by one goal. Sidney was held scoreless but the team held together well and it showed. The next game was on Friday night and again, the fans were buzzing around the arena. The level of faith they have in their team was overwhelming. The Capitals scored first and literally stunned the crowd but when the Pens came back and made it 3-1, you couldn't hear yourself think because of how loud it was. The Caps tried to come back but when Sidney scored what would be the game winner and Max scoring to put an exclamation point on the game, the crowd went nuts sending the series tied back to Washington for Saturday night. After the game, Karen and Natalie made their way down to the locker room, for the guys would be leaving right after the game to head back to Washington.

They were waiting in the hallway waiting for most of the media to clear out when Karen saw an opening and went in with Natalie right behind her. They saw Max being interviewed and Natalie was in awe with how sexy he looked. Karen just laughed at her until she saw Sidney walk in behind him then turn back around. She motioned his way and Natalie knew where she was going. Karen saw he wasn't with any of the media yet for he would be part of the press conference in a few minutes.

"Great game stud. Can you do that tomorrow night even better?"

Sidney turned around and scooped her up into a hug before letting her go "sorry, I know I'm all sweaty."

"You must be thinking of your other girlfriend, I don't mind the sweat remember? Of course I don't think I've ever seen the hair this matted down before."

"This is me baby" he said smiling "love it or leave it."

"Oh I definitely love it and you" Karen sneaked in a kiss. "I know you're going to need to go deal with the media but I just wanted to tell you how proud I am and to go kick some ass in Washington so you can come back home and close it out."

"Thanks baby. I would suggest going off somewhere for our little ritual but I believe there are too many media personalities around for that to happen."

"Not unless you want them to write about it."

Sidney stood there pretending to think about it "would there be pictures involved?"

"Only at home and on my camera stud. But if you just remember back to after game one, I'm sure we can satisfy ourselves enough to hold us until you get back. You and the guys can and will win tomorrow night."

"I love you for being so positive."

"Well I just love you. Get ready for the media and I will see you tomorrow night." Karen gave him another kiss not caring who saw and left Sidney standing there with a lot of eyes on him that just made him blush and shake his head.

Karen got Natalie and started to leave when they were stopped by Mario.

"Hey Karen, got a second?"

"Sure, what's up?"

"I am taking the family and some others to Washington tomorrow to see the game. Would you and Natalie like to join us?"

They looked at each other, smiled and then both said "YES!"

Mario laughed at their excitedness "meet at my house at 1p and we can go to the airport together."

"Ok, thanks Mario."

"And don't worry, we'll keep it a secret from Sid and Max so you can surprise them after the game."

Karen just smiled at him before he turned around and left. "I guess it's good that you're staying with me tonight" she told Natalie as they walked out.

"Yeah, it'll be fun to go. Let's hope it turns out in our favor."

"I hear that" Karen said as they got to the car and headed to her house.

Saturday, Karen was waiting for Natalie to finish getting ready so they could go over to Mario's. She was going through the guide on the tv to record the game and all the pre/post game shows. Karen scanned a couple different channels for other shows and found one to record to watch when they got back. They left the house and went up to Mario's and soon they all left for the airport. When the plane landed in Washington, everyone went to get something to eat and then went to the arena to wait for the start of the game. Karen was sitting in one of the chairs when she was joined by Troy.

"Hi Karen."

"Hi Troy."

"Don't you mean 'hi dad'?" he said holding up her left hand.

"Sid said he told you."

"And as upset as I was when he did, I realized it's what's best for him."

"Really?"

"Yeah, besides when I went home and told Trina all she could do was beam about her new daughter-in-law."

"I appreciate that, really I do and this was all him, I was just as surprised when he asked and had it all planned. But I love him and wouldn't have said no."

"Well with how much he loves you, he wouldn't have let you say no."

"I got that impression too."

Troy made a move to hug her "welcome to the family."

Karen smiled and hugged him back "thanks...dad."

The game got underway and it was just like the previous four games, intense. The scoring went back and forth and they were headed into overtime. Everyone was either standing or on the edge of their seats until the goal to end it went in the net and none other than Geno had scored. The box and the few Penguin fans in the arena could contain their excitement. Geno's dad went around hugging everyone and Karen couldn't stop the laughter when he grabbed Natalie unexpectedly. The look on her face was priceless and one she wouldn't forget. They all waited for the team to get settled for a few minutes before making their way downstairs to congratulate them.

Karen held back a little when they were outside the locker room. She let Troy go find him first and she would wait until it died down even with everyone telling her that she could go in and see him. Karen shrugged it off and knew when the perfect time was to see him. Sidney was coming out to head to face the media and the first thing he saw was Karen standing up against the wall with a smile.

"I didn't think you came when I saw Natalie with Max but didn't see you" he said hugging her.

"I wanted to give your dad time first."

"Yeah but my wife trumps my dad any day."

"Thanks but let him have this with you now, we'll share it later."

"That a promise?" he said whispering in her ear.

"That's a guarantee stud" she said back.

"Come with me?"

"I'd love to." Karen took his hand and went with him to where the media was set up. Sidney snuck in a kiss before going to sit down and answer questions about their win. Karen stood off to the side and heard him talking. It awed her how he presented himself and she loved this part of him. Less than 10 minutes later, Sidney was done and met back up with Karen to head back to the locker room so he could get showered and changed.

"Will you be able to come back with me on the team plane?"

"I think your owner wouldn't mind."

"Hopefully my dad won't."

"I don't think he will" she said with a smile to intrigue him.

"What's going on?"

"How about you don't worry about it now and we'll talk about it on the flight home?"

"Ok, love you."

"Love you too." Sidney kissed her and headed inside the locker room, leaving Karen to go find Natalie and wait until they were ready to leave. They waited for a half hour until the bus was ready to leave to the airport. Karen and Natalie went with Mario and met up with the guys when they got there. Sidney told Karen that he already prepared Marc that she would be sitting beside him on the way home. Marc gave her a look and muttered something in French before finding another seat. Sidney just laughed and kissed her on the head.

"So what's going on between you and my dad?"

"I don't know how to tell you this" she said solemnly.

"Baby just tell me" he said holding her hand.

"Alright....he welcomed me to the family" she said sitting there with a huge smile on her face.

"He did what?" Sidney said with disbelief.

"He said he realized it was the best for you, I guess he meant I was the best for you. He sees the love we have for each other and that I'm not going to ruin your career. Plus he said your mom beamed about her new daughter-in-law."

Sidney sat there and smiled at Karen "I'm so happy to have you in my life, do you know that?"

"Yes I do cause you brought it to mine too."

"You do realize when I go home during the summer and you come up, we'll have to have a little ceremony for all my family to attend."

"Well let's just hope nothing changes your mind for that month your there by yourself and when I do get up there, I'm still what you want."

"You will always be what I want baby" he said kissing her. Karen laid her head on his shoulder and enjoyed the rest of the flight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw yay =]
i'm so happy her dad agreed to like her!

Val said...

They are so sweet together...glad Troy came around, more soon, please!

AA said...

aww i loved that chapter!! please update soon! i can't wait to see what happens next