4.17.2009

Chapter 111

On the way to Marc's, Sidney stopped off at a couple houses for them to look at. Karen was impressed with one of them and they both agreed they didn't like the other. They headed to the final one and went inside for the Open House. They talked to the realtor and found out about the house and the previous owners. Karen wandered off on her own to get her own feel of the house. It seemed the guy knew of Sidney and was trying to 'put on the charm' to him. Karen hated being around people like that and Sidney was being a good sport about it. After a few minutes, he found Karen upstairs in one of the bedrooms.

"Here you are, I thought you snuck out on me" Sidney said wrapping his arms around her.

"Not a chance stud. Hate to break it to you, but you're stuck with me."

"Only way I want it" he said kissing her head "so what do you think?"

"Well the realtor is a pompous jerk."

"Besides that, what about the house."

"The house is beautiful and there is lots of space" she said with little excitement.

"You don't like it?"

Karen turned around to look at him "it's not that I don't like it, it's too big for us. What are we going to do with all this space? You plan on having the team over for weekly sleepovers?"

"I know a few who wouldn't mind that but we need the extra bedrooms for when my family comes to visit or when your friends need a place to crash after a home game on the weekends."

"Your parents and Taylor would require two bedrooms as the same with my friends. Natalie will always stay with Max so that is a total of three bedrooms we need and there are 6 of them. Even if one room turned into the 'Sidney Crosby Hall of Fame' we still end up with two extras. Do you really need all this?"

"I can live in a one room shack as long as we're together. But if you say it's to big then we'll keep looking."

"See, now you're making me feel bad because you want all this and simple ol' me doesn't need it all. Besides, I'm the one who has to clean it all."

"You won't be the only one to clean up the new house baby and you're not making me feel bad. Can we at least keep it as an option so if we don't find anything, this could be a contender?"

"It is beautiful and everything, but I want to keep looking ok?"

"Ok, come on we need to get to Marc's" he said kissing her then heading downstairs. Karen walked outside as Sidney finished talking to the guy. When he headed out, they got in the car and left. He told Karen what the guy said and she just shook her head. They soon pulled into the driveway and got out, going up to the door. Sidney knocked and then walked in with Karen in tow.

"Hey Sid glad you came over and brought this beautiful woman with you. Karen, it's nice to see you again and welcome to my house" Marc told them as he greeted them walking in.

"Thanks for the invite."

"Well I couldn't only invite Sid here besides, Vero wold have killed me."

"No I wouldn't have, quit telling lies Marc." Karen laughed when she yelled at him in french and Marc just came back with a 'yes dear'. They all headed into the living room where the tv was on golf but they would flip back and forth. "Karen, could you help me get some lunch ready?"

"Sure, I'd love to." Karen got up but was pulled back so Sidney could give her a kiss before she left.

"Man, you've got it bad for her. Vero and I have been together forever and I've stopped doing that years ago."

"Then I guess you need to bring it back Flower because what comes with that can be mind blowing."

"I don't need the details Sid" he said making them both laugh "you have everything ready for Saturday?"

"It will all be taken care of tomorrow and she doesn't suspect a thing" Sidney smiled while looking into the kitchen and directly at Karen.

Meanwhile in the kitchen...

"I'm glad you came over with Sidney today. We never really got to know each other since you've started dating him."

"I know. I don't mean to exclude myself from the significant others group of the team."

"It's ok really. Most days I wouldn't mind sitting admist the fans. Don't get me wrong, the other wives and girlfriends are as sweet as can be, but I envy you."

"How can you envy me when you don't really know me?"

"I envy who you are. You break all the normal rules to being a hockey player's girlfriend. I envy it because I ddn't want to turn into her. You've been with Sid for almost a year and haven't given in yet."

"That's probably because I'm stubborn. No matter how much I want to be with Sid and love him, I can't lose myself for him and when I start to do that, it goes downhill from there."

"You're good for him so I hope it doesn't happen. He needs you in his life and from what I've heard, its a big deal."

"What do you mean he needs me in his life?"

"You've obviously met his dad and seen how controlling he can be. When Sid's been over her before, some times he goes on and on about his dad and you can tell he had been pushing commitments on him. Now when he's been over, he talks about nothing but you. You make all the pressures from his dad and agent and everyone that wants a piece of him go away."

"You are one intuitive woman."

"I know" Vero said before they headed back into the living room with sandwiches. They continued to watch the game as they ate and was happy when the Caps beat the Flyers to give the Pens home ice advantage. Sidney and Karen stayed around for another hour before they left to head home.

The next three days went by rather quickly and it was time for game 1 in the series against the Flyers. Sidney had gotten everything ready for his anniversary surprise for Karen. He had to rearrange the plans to make them fit with their schedule. Since they played in Pittsburgh Wednesday and Friday night, it meant they would be travelling to Philadelphia sometime on Saturday and only get to spend a few hours together. Sidney was ready to head to the arena and Karen walked him to his car.

"You sure you won't change your mind and go in with me?" Sidney asked holding her.

"I'm sure. Maybe after the series gets going but at least for tonight, you need to concentrate on the game."

"Have you not learned yet that you do not distract me?"

"I think I do, you're just beng nice and not telling me otherwise."

"The only way you could distract me is if you came to the arena naked."

"See now if you could control yourself, maybe I could distract the other team that way."

"We might have to think that through as the series goes on."

"Yeah you do that" Karen said smiling "good luck tonight and I will definitely be cheering for you."

"I can't wait" Sidney leaned in and kissed her "let me know when you get to the arena?"

"Always. I love you."

"I love you too" he said kissing her again before getting into his car and driving off. Karen watched as he drove off and waited for her friends to come get her.

A couple hours later, they picked her up and headed to the arena. When they got inside and got to their seats, Karen sent Sidney a text telling him she was there. The game got underway and as everyone expected, it was indeed a phyiscal game. Sidney got the scoring started and the Pens came out on top 4-1. The girls took Karen home since she knew being the playoffs, Sidney's media obligations would keep him there longer but with needing to work in the morning, she wouldn't be able to wait up for him. She sent a text telling him goodnight and went to bed. A half hour later, Sidney was leaving the arena. He got her text about going to bed and hated when she couldn't stay with him after a game. That was the one thing that he wanted to change in their relationship with her not working but knew he had to play with what he got. When he got home, he was tired enough and went straight upstairs. Sidney quietly changed and slid into bed, smiling when Karen curled up to him.

"Mm, great game stud" she said sleepily.

"Thanks baby, go back to sleep" he said holding on to her until he fell asleep as well.

Thursday came and gone and it was Friday night which meant it was game 2 with the Flyers. Karen came home from work excited that it was a hockey night but it was also a chance to go in with Sidney and spend some time before the game.

"Baby, you got a letter from the organization today. Any idea what it is?"

"Um, yeah. I decided to not renew my season tickets after next season."

"You don't want them for the first year the new arena opens?"

"I got a better deal."

"Ok, what's going on?"

"Well you know I have some money to play with...I bought one of the suites in the new arena."

"What?" he said shocked.

"I liked what I saw when they talked about it a few days ago and wanted to try something new that year."

"I can't let you do that Karen."

"What do you mean, you can't let me do it? It's done and I have a suite reserved. I will get my choice to which one I want since I reserved it early enough before the season starts."

"I can't let you do that because I was going to see if you wanted one and get it for you. It figures you would be stubborn and go behind my back to buy one yourself" he said smiling.

"Well it's not only mine. Natalie and Sheril put in some money for it to, I just put in the bulk of it which it does technically make it mine. Why would you want to buy me one?"

"Because I love you."

Karen laughed "nice try Crosby, why?"

"I wanted you to have the best seat in the arena and they way they figured the suites would be, you would have the best."

"Sid, you have to let me do some things in this relationship and if it means spending a lot more money to watch you play hockey, then it'll be well worth it."

"I get what you're saying baby. Why don't you come and take a nap with me?"

"I wouldn't want it any other way." They headed upstairs so Sidney could get his pre-game nap in. Karen really wasn't as tired but loved just holding on to him. She thought about Saturday and their anniversary. She felt bad that she didn't know if he either remembered or if he got her anything but Karen knew she had nothing for him. She was going to make him a romantic dinner but with the series shifting to Philadelphia for an afternoon game on Sunday, they would leave before dinner time tomorrow. Actually, she didn't know what to get him and hoped he wouldn't be mad if she didn't.

A while later, they got up and ate dinner before going to the arena. Karen sat around the lounge talking with a few guys until her friends showed up. Sidney walked her out, letting the kiss linger for a little longer than it should.

"Hey Karen, could you maybe let us have Sid back. We would like for him to play tonight."

"But I want to play with him too Staalsy."

"I'm sure you do and as much as I would love a mental picture of that, he needs to get ready like the rest of us."

"Ok dad, I'll be there in a minute" Sidney yelled back to get Karen laughing.

"Good luck tonight and I will see you after."

"I hope so because after the game will definitely be a night you and I will never forget" he said kissing her again then leaving her in the hallway wondering what he meant. Karen shook her head and went to meet up with her friends to watch the game.

2 comments:

Val said...

alright, enough - I think the suspense is about to do us all in!

Post more very soon, and that is an order, in the kindest, most loving way possible :)

Lauren said...

I agree with Val! :)