4.19.2009

Chapter 117

On Sunday, Karen went to Sheril's to watch the game with the girls. She decided to put her own wedding ring on the necklace with Sidney's because she didn't want anyone else to know until Sidney told a few more people like Mario and his agent. She knew the girls would understand if they found out later. Karen pulled up to the house and got out.

"Bout time you got here girl" Sheril said greeting her on the porch.

"Um, we got another hour before the game starts" Karen said walking in "and I am the only one here" not seeing either Natalie or Diane.

"Ok fine. I just want this game to start so we can kick some Flyers ass."

"Someone's been hitting the bottle early."

"Ha ha, I haven't even started yet but the other two will get her soon so I think I will get the drinks going."

Karen just laughed at her friend and sat down waiting for the game to begin. She thought about Sidney and hoped he had a good game today. Soon, Diane and Natalie showed up. They got some food and drinks ready as when the game started they could eat while watching it.

The game got underway and so did the Flyers. They got out to an early lead and made it 2-0 but a late goal in the first, the Pens went into the intermission down 2-1. As the second period started, the Pens scored less than a minute in and tied it up. But that would be it for awhile as the Flyers scored twice putting the Pens down by two again.

"Come on, we need to get going" Sheril said.

"Doesn't seem like the team is all together today" Diane added but noticed how quiet Karen was "you ok Karen?"

"Yeah I'm fine. They can try and come back."

"What if they don't?"

"Then they regroup for Tuesday night and bring it home to close out the series."

"You sound confident there."

"Not much you can do about it when there is still 4 games left in the series. We'll pull it out."

"Sounds like a true hockey player's girlfriend."

"I have confidence in my man, what can I say." They all watched the ending of the game and eventhough the Pens scored another one, the Flyers scored twice and the game ended 6-3 sending the series 2-1 in favor of the Pens. The game Tuesday will surely be another hard fought one. After the game, Karen hung out with the girls until a little later when she went home with Natalie. Since Sidney was gone and Karen had to work, she decided to stay down in Wheeling for the next couple nights until Tuesday.

While they were at Natalie's, Karen got comfortable as Natalie got a shower. As Karen sat on the couch, a cell phone started ringing and she saw it was Natalie's. Karen picked it up and saw the caller ID revealed it was Max. She decided to have some fun and answered it.

"Good evening, you've reach the Pleasure Palace. This is Bambi, how may I service your needs tonight?"

"Um, Nat?"

"I'm sorry but Natalie just got done with a client and she is in the shower at the present time. Is there anything I can help you with?" As she said that, Natalie was coming from her room and Karen put her finger to her lips to tell her not to speak. She put it on speaker phone so they both could hear.

Meanwhile, Max had motion for Sidney to come over to him and he as well put his phone on speaker "well, is Karen available?"

"No sir she's not. She was pulled in for a private party with some of the players from the Pittsburgh Pirates. Can I perhaps make an appointment for you with one of them?"

"Actually, I have a friend and we would like both Natalie and Karen available?"

"And when would you be needing these ladies?"

"Preferably late Tuesday night. Is that alright?"

"I will have to check with the ladies, but they do hold late night sessions for an extra fee."

"Can I ask what they charge?" Karen smiled when she heard Sidney's voice.

"That is up to the individual lady with what service they perform and the price for each service."

"Is there a special rate for celebrity sport stars from the area?"

"Of course. We treat all our local sport heros with the utmost respect. The ladies are available for longer hours at no additional charge. Would you like me to pencil in an appointment for you both?"

"Definitely. I am Max and would like to reserve Natalie as my friend Sidney would love the pleasure of spending time with Karen."

"Alright sir, I have you and your friend scheduled for those two lovely ladies and if there are any conflicts we will be sure to let you know ahead of time. Is there anything else I can help you with?"

"No that will be all for tonight but could you please leave those beautiful ladies a meassage and tell them they will be in for a night they will never forget." Max said with his strong french-canadian accent.

"Sure thing sir and I want to thank you for calling the Pleasure Palace, where your pleasure is always ours. Have a great night." Karen hung up and the girls couldn't contain their laughter.

"I can't believe you did that and how long it went on" Natalie said.

"Can you blame Max for not taking the bait and keep it going? I just didn't think Sidney was anywhere close to him."

"Well if anything, I think we made at least two of them feel better after the game."

"I think we made a lot of them feel better because I think he had his phone on speaker too. How else was Sidney able to join in?"

Before Natalie could respond her phone rang and she smiled showing her it was Max again. She picked up her phone and excused herself into her bedroom, shutting the door. Karen sat back and smiled at how those two were like her and Sidney. And before the thought left her mind, her own cell phone rang.

"Hello my sexy husband."

"Well my beautiful wife, how did you know it was me?"

"I had an idea I would be hearing from you before I turned in for the night. What's going on stud?"

"I just had to call and hear your sweet voice after today."

"Sorry you guys lost. You ok?"

"Yeah, it didn't feel like we were on our game at all. We need to regroup for Tuesday night." Sidney heard Karen giggle "why is that funny?"

"Because I told the girls the same exact thing during the third period. It's scary that we are this insync with each other."

"You're probably right. It's so good to hear your voice baby. It's what I needed all day."

"Hey, you weren't distracted with other thoughts by any chance?"

"Baby stop. What is going on with us from the last couple days is not distracting me. I am the luckiest man on Earth right now."

"Then being married to Sidney Crosby must put me on the luckiest woman list."

"I'm sure that's how the media will put it."

"Let them put me where ever they want as long as I'm with you."

"Well eventhough the preacher didn't state it, but we are stuck with each other through better or worse."

"Mm, sickness and in health."

"Don't forget for richer or poorer."

"Yeah about that...whose who?"

"We are both richer for the love we found in each other baby."

"Nicely played Crosby" she said smiling into the phone.

"What ever is mine is yours Karen, I mean that."

"We'll talk about it later Sid."

"Baby, I know you don't want me to buy you everything you want or deserve but who else can I share my money with if it isn't my wife?"

"As long as you know that the money isn't the reason I am with you or have been with you for the last year. You could break your leg, retire from hockey, and lose all your money in one day and I wouldn't care as long as we were together."

"Good thing I bought the house out right. At least we will always have a roof over our head."

"And a damn fine man in my bed."

"Always and forever baby. I think I am going to let you go and get some sleep for work tomorrow."

"Ok. I love you stud."

"I love you too baby." They hung up and Karen sat there, reaching her hand up and holding onto the rings on her necklace. She put her finger through the holes and closed her eyes remembering putting them on each other's fingers. She smiled through her tears and got up to go to bed.

4 comments:

Caitlin said...

First I loved the phone call between Karen and Max, I was howling! But the last part was so sweet. I love this story, keep it up!

Anonymous said...

awww :)
haha that pleasure palace thing was hysterical!!

Lauren said...

HAHAH I loved the phone conversation between Karen and Max!

Val said...

I am in agreement with everyone else about the phone conversation -loved it, and loved the end of the chapter as well.