4.18.2009

Chapter 115

They got to the bedroom and Sidney put her down in front of him "it's already past 2am Sid, you are going to be tired for the trip to Philly not to mention practice."

"So I'll sleep on the bus or plane, however they get us there. As long as I am ready for the game Sunday afternoon, I will keep you up until the sun rises."

"As much as I love the sound of that, I love falling asleep in your arms and waking up there in the morning better."

"I can make that wish come true too baby."

Sidney brought her closer to him and kissed her. Hands began to undress the clothes that hid where they wanted to be. Karen broke the kiss as Sidney brought the jersey up over her head. Once his jacket, tie and shirt was discarded, Karen worked on his belt. Sidney smiled at her slight eagerness but he had a sense of it as well. Pretty soon, all the clothes had been thrown to the floor and they stood there completely naked, holding each other as their lips met. Sidney picked Karen up, putting her on the bed. He laid down on top of her, looking into her eyes with all the love and passion he held for her. Sidney moved his hand inbetween them and spread Karen's legs apart for him to fit. He loved how instictively Karen would bend her leg and wrap it around one of his thighs. Sidney couldn't wait and dove himself into her heated core. He let out a gasp when he felt how wet she was for him, making it easy to slid all the way inside of her. Karen brought her hand up to caress his cheek as their eyes locked. Sidney turned his head to kiss the palm of her hand before going for her lips. The kiss heated up as Sidney began to move his hips and pump into her. Karen let her moans escape in their kiss as he built up the sensations within her body. Sidney didn't want to rush this and he didn't. He made sure every thrust lasted and hit the right spot. Karen rubbed her hands over his back, stopping to dig her nails into the skin everytime he hit her sweet spot. She could sense that tonight was different between them and it was. It was filled with passion and heat but it was sensual and loving like it was their first time together. Sidney continued pounding into her, getting harder to bring her over the edge. After a few more thrusts, Karen let go of his lips as the moans filled the room. Sidney followed by coming hard inside of her and letting his own moans join hers. He let his head fall to her neck, nuzzling the area as he finished filling her up. Karen wrapped her arms around his sweaty body, holding him closer to her until they both fell asleep.

A couple hours later, Karen had woken up and looked at Sidney beside her. She remembered last night and thought it was a dream until she looked down at her hand and saw the wedding band with her now apparent engagement ring. Karen found Sidney's arm acrossed her stomach and saw the same exact wedding band on his finger. She smiled to herself and knew she didn't want anything more. Karen saw it was a little after 8a and quietly got up, grabbing Sidney's shirt off the floor and buttoning it up as she left the room. She figured she could make him breakfast in bed, that is if he could stay in bed while she made it.

Twenty minutes later, Karen had breakfast done and was bringing it upstairs. When she walked in, Sidney was lying on his back with some of the sheet covering him from the waist down. He looked at her and smiled.

"Morning my beautiful wife."

"Morning my sexy husband."

Karen walked around to her side of the bed and put the tray down in front of her.

"I could get used to this" Sidney said kissing her neck.

"If you want breakfast at 2:30a then ok, but it goes both ways stud."

"I know it does. Happy Anniversary."

Karen smiled at him "Happy Anniversary" she said kissing him before they ate their breakfast. When they were done, Sidney kissed her and headed to get his shower. He needed to go to the arena for their morning practice and then heading to Philly after that. Karen felt sad that they couldn't spend at least one day together...especially after last night. She took the tray downstairs and to get things clean up.

As Sidney was in the shower, he thought about leaving Karen and felt a twinge of saddness himself. He wished they at least had the day together and not just an hour. He finished his shower and got out, drying himself off. He stopped when he saw his wedding ring and smiled remembering last night, which makes leaving Karen so much more harder. Sidney wrapped the towel around his waist and went looking for something before getting dressed.

Karen finished getting the kitchen cleaned up when she heard Sidney come downstairs. She walked into the hallway as he put his bag down. He took her hand and led her to the living room, sitting down on the couch.

"Baby, I need to do something and I need you to really be ok with it."

"You want a divorce already?"

"Never" he smiled "I want you to wear this" he said holding up his wedding ring on a necklace. "You were right about if the media catches wind of this before I let my parents and anyone else of importance know and I don't want the distraction right now." Karen sat there trying not to smile but couldn't help it "are you going to say 'I told you so' now?"

"No, I'll just sit here and think it. I understand why and I will wear it where I have you, close to my heart."

Sidney put the necklace on her "I need to get going."

"Well let me walk my husband out to his car then."

"I wouldn't want anyone other than my wife to do that" he said getting up and helping her up. Sidney grabbed his bag and they walked out to his car. "I'll call you after I get settled at the hotel."

"Ok and I will be watching tomorrow as you get one game closer to finishing this series."

"What if they come back and win a game?"

"Then you will come back home and close it out in front of me and all your fans."

"I just wanted to hear you say you want me back."

"At what point did I ever say that I didn't want you back? Because it would never be true stud."

"I think we made the right choice last night."

"Me too and when you tell your dad, I will just be a phone call away for you to tell me how it went."

"Nice baby. It's a good thing that I love you."

"Well I love you too. I'll talk to you tonight." Karen leaned up and kissed him goodbye. Sidney let her go and got in his car as she watched him drive away. She held onto his ring and closed her eyes, smiling at her life.

A little while later, the team was getting ready to head out and Sidney had asked the guys to not let it slip to the media about him and Karen getting married. They all understood and agreed to make like it didn't happen.

While Karen was at home planning her day, the phone rang and she got up to answer it.

"Hello."

"Hi Karen, it's Nathalie. How are you dear?"

"I'm good. How are you?"

"Great as always. Listen, the reason I'm calling is that since Mario is away with Austin and Stephanie and Alexa is at a friend's house tonight, Lauren and I were wondering if you would like to join us for dinner tonight?"

"I would love it. What time do you need me to come over?"

"How's 6p sound?"

"Sounds wonderful. I will see you guys then." They said goodbye and hung up. Karen hadn't seen any of the Lemieuxs for awhile since Sidney moved out of Mario's house and couldn't wait to see Lauren and Nathalie.

As time neared, Karen walked up to the house and knocked on the door being greeted by Lauren. She let out a squeal and hugged her. Soon Nathalie came up from behind and hugged her as well.

"It has been too long seeing you. How's everything?"

"Everything is great actually. I'm sorry for not coming up to visit."

"It's ok Kiki we figured once Sidney moved in with you, he'd want to keep you all to yourself" Lauren said.

"Well we he gets back from Philly we will just have to tell him that we need to come visit more often."

"Good. Dinner is ready so why don't we head to the kitchen and eat." The three of them go into the kitchen and sat down to eat. "How's work going?"

"It's good. I think they might be getting fed up with me using up vacation days to spend time with Sidney."

"What do you mean?"

"I've been using up some vacation days to surprise Sid on the road or taking an extra day from the weekend. But it's not my fault to use them up. The company changed its policy that we can only house up to 80 hours and I had over 300. If I don't use them, I lose them."

"Then they shouldn't have a problem with wanting to spend time with him, especially now that you married him" Lauren said that made Karen drop her fork.

"What?" she said looking at her.

"Lauren, where would you get that idea from?" her mom asked.

"Duh mom, look at her hand. That is a wedding ring with her diamond ring. Anyone can put that together, just look at your wedding rings and then look at hers. Kind of look the same to me."

"Karen? Did you and Sidney get married?" Nathalie asked.

"Yeah we did" she said smiling "last night actually."

"WHAT?" Nathalie and Lauren both screamed in excitement.

"He surprised me after the game last night. We stayed around the arena, went skating around the ice and at midnight asked me to marry him."

"You're kidding me?"

"Nope, he had a preacher, the rings and a marriage license all ready. I couldn't say no after he went to all that trouble."

"I don't think you would have said no anyway."

"Lauren, behave."

"It's ok Nat, she's right. The longer I stayed with him I kept thinking about wanting to be married to him but I wasn't sure if it would ever happen. Today is our year anniversary and I guess I needed to see a real committment from him."

"I guess he showed you huh?" Lauren said.

"He did just that baby girl" Karen laughed.

"Well from the way Sidney talked about you when you two were dating, I knew something was going to happen between you guys. Who all knows?"

"The entire team and now you two."

"He hasn't said anything to his dad yet?"

"Nope and I don't want to be around when that happens."

"I don't blame you sweetie."

"I told Sid that he needed to tell his parents and at least Mario before it hopefully gets out in the media."

"So we can't tell anyone huh?" Lauren asked.

"Not right now ok?"

"Ok. Are you guys still going to live down the street?"

"For a little while."

"What does that mean?" Nathalie asked confused.

"Sidney bought us a house. After what happened at the arena, we went to Dana's house for a surprise celebration he planned. Well apparently, he bought Dana's house from him for us."

"I knew Dana was looking for a new house, never thought Sidney would buy it."

"Neither did I. That man just keeps surprising me."

"It's because he loves you" Lauren said getting up and putting her plate in the sink. Karen sat there and smiled knowing in fact that Sidney did love her.

Meanwhile in Philadelphia...the guys were coming back from dinner when Sidney saw a familiar face in the lobby.

"Dad? What are you doing here?"

5 comments:

Caitlin said...

So many chapters in just one day! They were great, and I can't wait to see what happens whith daddy dearest in Philly.

Val said...

It just keeps getting better and better...can't wait for the Troy/Sid conversation!

Anonymous said...

awww :)
this story is amazing.
when i started reading it, i never thought it'd end up so perfecr like this, and i love it!

Anonymous said...

YAY! they are finally married!! Thanks for updating so much this weekend! I LOVE THIS STORY!!

Lauren said...

Ahhhhh I love all the new chapters today! :)

Sidney's anniversary surprise was perfect <3