4.17.2009

Chapter 112

The game got under way and unexpectedly, Philly scored first. Karen didn't like how this was going and wondered if they would come back to even the series. There was a difference to this team from Wednesday night and the crowd saw that. But after the second period when it was tied, there seem to be life back into the Pens. The third brought goals by both teams and as the clock ticked down, they were headed into overtime. The crowd of 17,000+ stayed until it happened....Bill Guerin scored in overtime when the Pens had a 5-on-3 power play with less than 2 minutes to go. The arena erupted loudly knowing what it meant to send their team into Philadelphia with a 2-0 lead.

After the game, Karen left the girls and headed to the lounge to wait for Sidney. They wanted to go and celebrate, but all Karen wanted was to celebrate alone with Sidney. When he got done with the media, he came and sat beside her. They sat there for a while and a lot of the guys have come and gone. Karen wasn’t sure why they were still sitting there.

“I hope you’re not waiting around for everyone to leave so I can join you in the shower because I took one before coming to the game and I’m not that dirty yet” she said smiling at him.

“That’s not why I’m waiting around, but I should go get my shower. Will you be here when I get back?”

“Unless I get another offer before you come out, then yes I’ll be here.”

Sidney kissed her “you’ll be here considering Geno and Jordan are already gone.” He got up and headed to the showers. Karen sat back on the couch and got comfortable waiting until he got done. About twenty minutes later, Sidney came out but was dressed in a t-shirt and a pair of track pants.

“That’s not what you wore to the arena tonight.”

“I know” Sidney said holding up a pair of skates “care to take a spin around the ice with me?”

Karen couldn’t stifle the giggle that left her lips “didn’t you just get off the ice like an hour ago?”

“Yeah, but that was work…this is for fun. Skate with me?”

“I’d love to.” Karen took the skates from him and put them on while Sidney got his back on. They headed to the ice and Sidney went over to the bench, turning on a cd player. She realized song after song they had a similarity with them. They were all love songs. It was like he tried to find the right one for them and couldn’t settle on one.

After an hour of skating and playing around, Sidney brought Karen to center ice. They stood there for a minute looking at each other before he spoke.

“Baby we’ve been together for a year well if you minus the few weeks that we were apart and believe me, those were the hardest weeks I never want to live again. I never thought I would be able to live my dream playing hockey every day of my life, but the day you walked into this building and on to this ice surface that dream changed. I had a new dream and it included wanting to spend my life with you. You changed my world and turned it upside down.” Sidney brought his hand up and wiped the tears from Karen’s cheek “I never thought I could find a woman that would fit into my life as perfectly as you have and…” he got down on one knee and held her hand “…I wanted to know if you would continue to spend the rest of your life with me. Marry me?”

Karen took her eyes off of Sidney’s and closed them, letting the tears fall freely. She took her free hand and wiped the tears before looking back into his eyes “Sid, I…”

Before she could finish, Sidney stood back up “I kind of knew you would probably say no and it’s not going to change how I feel about you and wanting to be with you.”

“Sid…”

“I know you’ve had dreams of marriage before and when it didn’t work out, you kind of geared your life away from the possibilities, but I am not him. Living with you before this is what sealed my destiny with you. If we can do it being boyfriend and girlfriend, nothing more will change if we continued on as husband and wife.”

“Sid…”

“I guess I just don’t want to hear the word no come from your mouth and that’s why I keep babbling. I love you and I want to be with you forev…”

Karen put her hand to Sidney’s lips to stop him from talking. When she took her hand away, Sidney got a feeling in the pit of his stomach and wasn’t sure what she was going to say until she spoke the words.

“First of all, I love you too. When I came in here to play around with my friends I never thought I would have found you. My life feels like a fairy tale most days and I need to pinch myself every now and again to make sure I’m not dreaming and that you are standing in front of me, kissing me. Holding me on the couch or in bed, sitting and not having to say a word to each other to know what the other is thinking. My days are complete when I get to come home and be with you.” Karen couldn’t stop the tears from falling “You brought love back into my life when I thought all hope was gone and I want nothing more then to spend the rest of my life with you. My answer’s yes, I want to marry you Sidney.”

Sidney couldn’t contain himself and he picked her up, spinning them around. After a minute, he set her down and their lips met in a passionate kiss.

“Marry me tonight” he whispered as he broke the kiss.

3 comments:

AA said...

oh....my....gosh.... that was amazing! you have to update soon so we can see what happens next!!! i loved that chapter!!!

Anonymous said...

DFGHDFSHGJVNGYIUDFH!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOWWWWW
finalllly!!!!
that was too perfect
awww and i'm SO happy she said yes!

Val said...

WWWHHHHAAATTTTT?????? Ok, I have to keep reading...