10.12.2008

Chapter 32

Karen couldn't sleep during the night and she woke up around 5. She looked up and saw how peacefully Sidney was when he slept. She carefully got out of his grasp and went to the bathroom. When she came out, she grabbed Sidney's shirt from the floor and put it on. Pushing the chair over by the window, Karen sat there and propped her feet up on the window sill, staring out at the scenery. She couldn't get her run in with Sophia out of her head.

"Hey, what are you doing all the way over there?" Sidney said sitting up and looking at her.

"I couldn't sleep."

"Well why don't you come back and lay with me anyway." Karen got up and walked over to the bed and started to climb in but was stopped "um, the shirt must go. No clothing allowed." Karen just smiled and slowly unbuttoned the shirt. She let it fall to the floor and crawled in bed and back into Sidney's arms. "See how much better that is."

"Yeah I guess it is."

"What's wrong? Are you still mad about the puck bunny comment?"

"Not really." Karen said still sounding uneasy.

"Ok, let's try that again."

"I'm not mad from what you said but from what happened and then you make a comment like that I just didn't think it was funny."

"You might want to let me in with what you're talking about."

"Before game 2, I was looking through the crowd down by the players' lot and found Sophia. Don't know why she waited until now to start coming to the games, but she's out and made her presence well known to me."

"What did she tell you?"

"That she saw you smile at me before you went inside and she somehow knew we were dating. I played it cool and told her that we weren't and that she should go after you."

"YOU DID WHAT?" Sidney sat up angrily and looked at Karen with disbelief.

"You have nothing to worry about. As long as she knows your single, she won't touch you. That's her game Sid. She preys on the attached and if she knows your still not then we have nothing to worry about." Karen brought her hand up and caressed his cheek. Sidney's face softened and they laid back down. "But knowing she out there waiting until we slip up scares me. No guy has ever turned her down."

"Well I think we've established that I am not your average guy." Sidney turned on his side and faced Karen "and I will be able to turn her down. I am not going to jeopardize what we have for one night with her." He kissed her then held her as close as he could get her. Sidney fell back alseep but Karen stayed awake for a few more minutes "its not you that I'm worried about" she whispered to herself before going back to sleep.


A few hours later, Karen woke up to the shower going and Sidney not beside her. She thought about joining him but when she went to get out of bed, the shower stopped. Karen grabbed her clothes and got dressed.


"Well that's not nice to sneak around and get dress while I was in the shower."


"Sorry but I figured with the time, you needed to get to practice which means we don't have time to play."


Sidney wrapped his arms around her "the life of a hockey player's girlfriend huh?"


"That's ok, I don't mind it."


"Are you going to stay around while I'm gone?"


"Probably not. I'll call one of the girls to come get me."

"Then how will I see you after practice?"

"I could always come back you know...just to kidnap you and take you with me."

"Where would you want to take me?"


"Someplace where there are only a few people and you don't have to be anybody but you."


"I love that" Sidney kissed her "but unfortunately I need to get ready."

"I know. Go finish and I am going to call Sheril to come get me" Karen gave him a quick kiss and pulled away from him so he could get ready.


When they were ready, they left the room and ran into Ryan Malone and Max at the elevator.

"Karen? I didn't know you where here. Were you here last night?"

"Yeah. Nobody was out to see me I guess."

"I guess that could be it" Max said getting on the elevator with the door closing " maybe it was because we didn't hear you either."

Karen just looked at Sidney who tried to hide his laughter. When the elevator came back up, Karen got on and just stood there. Sidney tried to hold her but she kept moving away until she was up against the wall and he was pressed up to her. "I don't think you can go anywhere else baby."


"I could if I wanted to."

"Then why aren't you trying then?"

"Because I don't want to" she whispered bringing him closer to her as their lips met in a very heated kiss. They felt the elevator stop and pulled away from each other. Before the door opened, Sidney gave her one last kiss and then let go of her and got out first. A minute later Karen got off and went to wait for Sheril to come get her.

A few hours later Karen was sitting around the deck with the girls. Todd had gotten home a little bit ago and went to relax with them. Karen's phone went off and it was Sidney telling her he was done. She told him she would meet him in a half hour and they hung up.

"Todd, you mind if I bring Sidney over for awhile?"

"You're going to bring him here? To my house?"

"Unless you have a condo hidden away that Amy doesn't know about, yeah I was thinking here. I thought it would be nice for him to just relax away from everything for a few hours. Do you mind?"

"No, of course not. Besides Alexander would love to meet him. How about when you go to get him, I will go to the store and get some steaks so we can cook out."

"He'll love that. Thanks Todd, you are a great friend. I will be back in a little bit."

Karen headed to the hotel and called Sidney to tell him she was there. He had her pull under the hotel in the garage. He was waiting for her and got in when she pulled up. Karen headed back to Todd's and let him know what was going on. Sidney was more than happy to have a normal night. When she pulled up to the house, they got out and went inside.


"Hey Todd?" Karen yelled walking into the house.

"I'm in the kitchen" he yelled back.

Karen walked into the kitchen and saw Todd getting everything ready. "Hey, um I hope you don't mind but..."

"He wasn't able to come back with you. That's ok, we can still cook out." Todd said sounding dejected.

"Actually, Sidney's here, its just I didn't only bring him. Is it ok that a few other players came too?"

"Karen, don't kid around like that" Todd walked past her and into the living room. His jaw almost hit the floor when he saw who else came.

"It's not my fault, they all rushed the car and climbed in. I couldn't just kick them out."

"Yeah you could have baby" Sidney said putting his arm around her waist.

"I think it's safe to say that Karen wants to stay on our good side" Max said winking at her.

Karen looked at Sidney and kissed his cheek "I am so killing you. Anyway, Todd I'm not sure who all you met last night but let me introduce Jordan Staal, Max Talbot, Ryan Whitney and Marc-Andre Fleury."

"It's a pleasure guys. Please make yourself at home. My wife and son should be home soon and then we can get dinner started."

"Yeah, I'm thinking we should call and warn them" Karen smirked especially at Max.

"I think you need to just give in to me all together Karen. You know you want me."

"Only if you and I were the last humans on earth."

"Even then it still won't happen Max."

"Ok, I think the display of masculinity needs to stop. We were hanging out by the pool before I came to get you guys, shall we had back out there?"

"Sounds good. Maybe I'll have to take off my shirt and go for a swim" Max said flexing his muscles as he walked past Karen.

"The man needs help."

"I'll definitely agree to that" Sidney kissed her head and they headed out to join everyone.

4 comments:

Val said...

Awesome chapter as usual...I am hoping that Sid will resist the charm of the puckbunny, because there is enough drama going on, but it will definitely be interesting to see where you take this story...keep up the great writing and I love that you post so regularly...

Lauren said...

HAHAH I love Max.

And Siddo better keep it in the pants around Sophia.

can't wait for more! :)

Sam said...

I loved it. Max cracks me up. Sid better keep his priorities straight and stay as far as possible from Sophia. Please post more soon! =]

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

I agree Sid needs to stay far away from Sophia.

Max is my hero, I love him so much.

Can`t wait for more.