10.17.2008

Chapter 34

They stood there in the hallway and Karen didn't want to turn him down where the guys could hear them.

"Sid..."

"Before you finish that just come with me for a minute." Sidney grabbed her hand and they went into his room. "I know you want me to be concentrating on the game tomorrow and I understand why you want me to be alone tonight, but after everything that happened today, I just want you here. I want to hold you all night. I want to fall asleep listening to your breathing and heartbeat. I want to wake up and have you be the first thing I see before I go to our morning skate. As much as I love it when we make love, tonight wasn't about that. It's about just being together."

"Wow, I don't think any other guy would put it like that. Ok, I'll stay but on one condition."

"What's that?"

"I need something to sleep in and no roaming hands."

"Um, that's two conditions but to keep you with me tonight, I will agree to anything."

"Now you tell me. I really could have upped the pot."

"Yeah you probably could have. So, will you stay?" Sidney said looking at her with hopeful eyes.

"Yes, I'll stay."

"Good" Sidney said picking her up and kissing her.

"Mm, now put me down so I can get a shower before bed."

"Now that sounds like fun."

"Oh no"

"Come on, you never said we couldn't play in the shower before bed."

"Why do you always try to win on technicalities?"

"Because you never think of them."

"If you join me, I will go back to Todd's. Go find something to do while I'm in there." Karen grabs her purse and heads to the bathroom. She turns the water on and got undressed. After the water heated up, Karen got under the water and let it fall over her.

Sidney turned on the tv and flipped through the channels. He got up and went to the bathroom, opening the door. He found Karen's clothes on the sink and picked them up. He took them out of the bathroom and hid them in the room. He walked back to the bathroom and got undressed. Sidney moved the curtain back as quiet as he could and stepped in behind Karen.

"You are really playing with fire baby."

"As long as you help put out that fire, I'll continue to play with it." Sidney pressed his body up against hers and his hands went to her hips. "Are you really going to turn me down baby?" Karen's hands went on top of Sidney's as she leaned back into him "I didn't think so."

Sidney turned her around to face him and lifted her up against the wall. Karen wrapped her legs around him and in an instant Sidney was inside of her. He was pumping into her like this was their last time together. Karen found Sidney's lips and kissed him with urgency. As her orgasm neared, she left his lips and leaned on the wall letting every intense feeling take over her body. Karen put her hands on his shoulders and dug her fingernails into his skin as she came hard. Sidney only needed a few more hard thrusts before he came. He kept her on the wall until their breathing settled.

"Damn you for being so irresistable."

"Can't help it, it's part of my charm. You going to leave me now?"

Karen shook her head no and kissed him while he pulled out of her and set her back down. They finished with their shower and got out. Sidney grabbed two towels and gave one to Karen. He would try to help, but she would move away from him. Karen wrapped the towel around her and got in her purse pulling out a clean pair of underwear.

"Do you always come prepared?"

"Let's just say it's more convenient than carrying around a big bag of extra clothes."

They walked out of the bathroom and Sidney gave her a t-shirt to put on to wear to bed. He grabbed a clean pair of boxers and put them on. When they were dressed, Karen got into bed and waited for Sidney to turn off the lights and join her. After he crawled into bed, he pulled Karen close to him. She settled in against his warm body and her head found his nook. Sidney wrapped his arms around her and fell into a peaceful sleep.

The next morning Sidney woke up before the alarm went off. He looked down at Karen and smiled, kissing the top of her head. He quietly got out of bed and saw Karen curl up under the covers as Sidney got himself ready for the morning skate. When he was ready and getting ready to leave, Sidney climbed back on the bed and gave Karen a kiss. Her eyes fluttered opened and saw the most beautiful hazel brown eyes staring at her.

"Hey"

"Morning baby"

Karen looked at him already dressed "Your ready to go I see."

"Yeah, woke up before the alarm so it didn't go off to wake you."

"That was sweet, thank you. How'd you sleep last night?"

"I have to admit, it was probably the best night's sleep I've had in a long time."

"Told you"

"Don't get all cocky on me now. It was what I wanted remember?"

"I guess it was. You better go before you miss the bus."

"I know. So I'll see you tonight?"

"Of course, that's why I made the trip."

Sidney kissed her then got off the bed. He grabbed his stuff and opened the door. He looked back to Karen and shot her a smile before leaving. Karen laid there and couldn't believe this was happening to her. She got up and went to the bathroom. When she was done, she was about to get dressed when she realized she had no clue where her clothes were. She was about to start looking around when her cell phone went off.

"Hello"

"Look in the middle dresser drawer...you'll find your clothes in there. Love you."

Before Karen could respond, Sidney hung up. She smiled when she heard him laugh and closed her phone. Karen went to the dresser and found her clothes getting dressed. As she began to leave, she stopped and wrote Sidney a note. She put it on top of his bag and left. Karen was thankful that all the guys were gone when she left the hotel.

A while later, Karen pulled up to Todd's house and went in to three people waiting for her.

"You know, its always courteous to call when you're going to be late."

"How am I late when I never came back last night?"

"Exactly, you are late coming back from LAST NIGHT!"

"Sorry mom but to make up for it I did find an iHop and brought us all breakfast."

"Damn Diane, give the girl a break she brought us food."

"Yeah that and she needed to get her groove on with Sid."

"Actually, we just went to sleep."

"You disappoint me girl" Sheril said "you are going to tell me you didn't ride that stallion all night long?"

"Well, we did have one little encounter in the shower before we went to bed, but no, we actually slept all night. It was probably more amazing than when we do make love. Just having him hold me and then waking up to him was wonderful."

"Damn girl, you've got it bad for him."

"Yeah I guess I do. That's why it'll be hard to be away from him if they make it to the finals."

They all stopped eating and looked at her "what are you saying? Are you guys breaking up?" Natalie asked.

"No nothing like that. I told him that if they made it into the finals, I was going to remove myself until it was over. I know he's played great up until now, but he really needs no distraction from me next round. This is what he worked his whole life for, I am not going to be the one to make him lose it."


"That's not a bad idea Karen. You truly do love him to do that for him." Diane said.


"Thanks. I'll miss being with him, but I know its for the best."

"What did Sid say about it?"

"He agreed with me. If I didn't say it, he would have."

"Well just look at it this way, when you guys hook back up, you'll be shagging a Stanley Cup Champion."

Karen just laughed and they all went back to their breakfast. They decided to lounge around until game time.

After the morning skate was over, the players went back to the hotel to relax before game time. Sidney went into his room and sighed. He had hoped that maybe Karen would have stayed to wait for him but she left. He put his bag down by the others but saw a piece of paper on another bag. Sidney recognized Karen's handwriting and smiled, sitting on the bed to read what it said.

"Hey stud,

I can probably imagine that when you come back from the arena you are going to be a little disappointed that I left. You were hoping I stayed around huh? Sorry baby, you got me to stay last night, but I am not ruining your pregame nap. Just know that I love you and good luck tonight. See you soon.

Love,
Karen

Sidney laid down on the bed with the letter still clutched in his hand, turning on the tv to relax.

At 5p Todd dropped off Alexander at the babysitter and they all headed to the game. As they were waiting outside Karen got a message on her phone. She took a few steps away and read it.

Missed holding you during my nap, but I will forgive you since I will get you after we get back to Pitt. I love you.

Karen smiled and texted him back before joining her friends. A little bit later, the doors opened and they were going inside.

Before heading to the ice for warm ups, Sidney heard his phone go off. He grabbed it and read the message.

Stop thinking of me and get ready to kick some Philly ass! BTW...I love you too.

Sidney laughed then closed his phone, putting it away. He headed out to the ice and first thing, looked for Karen. He saw she wasn't in her seat yet and started shooting pucks. By the time warm ups were done and the players were coming off the ice, Sidney looked up and saw Karen looking directly at him. They both smiled at each other and Sidney skated off. Karen laughed to herself when the girls in front of her started squealing happily thinking that Sidney smiled at them. Natalie just looked at Karen and they busted out laughing.

The game got under way and saw the Flyers come out and scored the first three goals in the first period. Karen had a bad feeling in her stomach but also saw it as Philly clinging on. The Pens finally got on the board with 2 goals in the third and saw life to come back but when the Flyers scored it put the game out of reach. The game ended with the Pens losing 4-2. Karen could see the frustration on Sidney's face especially since he was in the penalty box for 4 minutes in the third. Before they got off the ice, Sidney did look up to find Karen still in the stands. He gave her a nod and she gave him a small smile both knowing went each meant. They left the arena and headed back to Todd's with Karen texting Sidney on the way there.

Sidney sat in the locker room and knew he had to deal with the media. His phone went off and got to it before being pulled from the room. He read the message on the way there.

I love you!

That was all Sidney needed to know before dealing with the media and heading back to Pittsburgh without Karen.

A while later, Karen was in the living room sitting in the dark. She couldn't fall asleep when all she could think about was Sidney. She knew they were heading back after the game and it would be late when he got home. Karen got up to go to the guest room and go to bed when her phone rang. She picked it up and smiled seeing Sidney's name on the caller ID.

"Hey stud"

"Hey baby. I didn't wake you did I?"

"No, I couldn't sleep but was going to try since we're leaving here about 8a. Where are you?"

"On my way home. We landed about 20 minutes ago."

"And you're just now calling me. Here I thought I was important enough that you would have had my number dialed as soon as you touched down."

"Trust me, you are very important to me, I just wanted to wait until I was alone to call you."

"Um, driving and phone sex don't mix baby."

Sidney could help but laugh "as much fun as that would be, I think I'll wait to have the real thing when you get home tomorrow."

"You ok with the loss tonight?"

"Yeah, I'm just taking it as them trying to cling on." He heard Karen laugh "what's so funny?"

"I had the same thought. That they were taking a page from the Rangers to hold on but they were just letting you guys win this series at home."

"Well great minds do think alike. I'm glad mine is linked to yours."

"Yeah, me too."

"Ok, as much as I hate to say this, you need to go to bed so you won't be tired driving back. Sweet dreams and I love you."

"I love you too baby. Get some sleep yourself and I will call you when I get home."

"Ok. Night my baby."

"Night my stud."

They hung up and Karen went to bed with a smile on her face.

3 comments:

Val said...

Love this chapter, as usual, and I can't wait to see how they handle being apart for the SC finals...update soon, please...

Lauren said...

Loved this chapter - I knew she wouldn't be able to turn him down :)

I wonder if they'll actually be able to stay away from each other during the SCF...

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

As always I loved this chapter. Thinking back on that game kind of hurts me inside. But I know that we kicked the Flyers' asses back in the burgh. And I got in the paper, but that`s not the point.

I agree, I wonder if they`ll actually be able to stay away from each other in the finals.