10.14.2008

Chapter 33

Everyone was outside having fun and playing around in the pool. Karen was standing near the pool's edge when she saw Sidney and the other guys talking. He gave her a smile and went back talking.

"5 bucks says they are plotting something over there" Natalie challenges Karen.

"10 bucks says either Max or Sid gets me in the pool" Karen countered her friend.

"Well we are about to find out" Natalie says before walking away.

"Hey baby" Sidney walked over and wrapped his arms around Karen. "You know we haven't spent much time together since we came back with the guys."

"No we haven't but that's probably because you have been over there plotting something with the rest of them."


"Me plotting something involving you? Baby, how could you even think that?"

"You've been over there with Max and Jordan and every now and then would look over here with evil smirks on your faces. I know you have something planned. So tell me, am I going in the pool?" Karen whispered the last part but Sidney just smiled. Next thing Karen knew, Max came running and grabbed her and they both went into the pool. When Karen came to the surface, she had swam to the side of the pool leaving Max towards the middle. As she got out, Karen was holding on to something. "Hey Max, missing something?" Karen laughed as she held up Max's shorts in her hands.

"How did you get those?" Max shouted.

"Ancient Chinese secret" she said laughing. Karen walked over to Sidney who gave her a kiss. She handed him Max's shorts "be a friend and give these back to him." As Karen handed them to Sidney, she gave him one big push and he went right in. She waited for him to surface "never plot against me baby, it will come back to ya." Karen walked away laughing grabbing a towel and heading inside.

"Sounds like a party going on out there."

"Oh hey Amy. When did you get in?"

"Just now. What's going on outside?"

"Todd said Sidney could come over to hang out but what he ended up with was four tag-a-longs. The guys plotted to throw me in the pool, I stole Max's shorts after we were in the water, and then gave them to Sid to give them back to Max and then pushed him in."

"Good girl" Amy started laughing. "Is everyone staying for dinner?"

"Yeah, Todd went and got some steaks and he's going to put them on the grill in a little bit. Where's Alexander?"

"He's putting his things away."

A minute later Karen and Amy heard something crash and feet running towards them with mumbling.

"Sidney Crosby in the pool. Sidney Crosby in the pool. Sidney Crosby in the pool."


"Alex, what's going on?"

"Sidney Crosby is in the pool mom" Alex said making them laugh. He darted outside and ran right up to Sidney. Karen and Amy walked out after him and watched as he jumped into the pool and splashed Sidney and the others.

A little bit later, everyone was out of the pool and drying out. Todd got the grill going, Amy was getting everything else done with the help of the girls, and Alexander was occupying Sid and the other's attention. Every now and again Sidney would look into the kitchen and just watch Karen and how she was with her friends. He loved how they could be themselves and her friends didn't care who he was. Why his dad couldn't or wouldn't see this part of her was beyond him.

Soon enough the steaks were done and they all sat down to eat. Karen didn't feel like having steak and just stayed with a huge salad and vegetables.

"Something wrong with my cooking Karen?" Todd asked.

"No, just not in the mood for steak. I'm fine with what I have."

"So basically your steak will end up as leftovers or go to waste."

"Um, Todd look around the table. Between these guys, there will be no leftovers. I've seen them eat, its scary."

"What are you exactly saying Karen?" Max inquired.

"That you guys are either starving hockey players or just pigs. Which would you prefer?"

"Karen, you know they won't be able to make that decision" Sheril added in "you can't choose when you're both."

"Well you guys are holding up pretty good with us, what does that make you guys?" Ryan jumped in.

All the women chimed in at the same time "hungry". Everyone laughed and continued having a good time. Karen noticed Sidney was quiet throughout the whole bantering going on.

"You ok?" Karen asked leaning over to Sidney.

"Yeah I'm fine. Why?"

"You're just being really quiet. Are you still mad that I pushed you in? You really haven't talked to me since then."

"No, of course not. We were having fun and you did what you had to do."

"Then what is it?"

Sidney got up and brought Karen up with him. They headed inside but not before they endured some ribbing from the others.

"My god you two, at least let your food digest." Jordan yelled after them.

"Really, ya'll must be part rabbit" Sheril added which got a look from Karen.

Karen followed Sidney inside and found him in the living room. "So what's going on?"

"There's nothing going on I've had so much fun today with you and everyone that it just makes me wonder why my dad can't see this part of you."

"Sid, I know out of everyone in your life your dad's opinion means the most to you and something deep inside you wants his approval of us and our relationship. I hate to tell you this but I don't see it coming. I am fine with it now, I just need you to be too."

"I will be. Sorry for turning the mood sour."

Karen hugged him "you turned nothing sour baby. Its a constant hang up that will follow us until he changes his mind." She pulls back to look him in the eyes "I just want you to remember that I love you. That is the main thing here."

"That is the only thing here." Sidney leaned in and kissed her. It was about to get a little more intense when Amy called them for dessert. "I already have my dessert in my arms" he whispered.

"Down boy, remember there is a 7 year old in the house. Besides, you're going back to the hotel tonight with your boys out there."

"Why aren't you coming with me?" Sidney said almost whining.

"Because you have a game tomorrow. This is your chance to sweep the Flyers, you need to be ready."

"We'll be ready."

"Good" she smiled kissing him "but you're still going back alone." Karen left Sidney standing there and headed back outside. Sidney just shook his head and laughed following her.

Everyone looked up and saw Karen then Sidney come back out. "What's with all the stares?"

"8 minutes? Is that a record for you two?" Max asked with his eyebrow raised. Karen walked past Max and hit him on the head as she sat back down. "I'm just curious, gives me hope."

"You're going to stay curious for awhile Max."

"Fine, I'll just get all the details from Sid in the locker room...well more than what he's already shared with us."

"I'm so glad I sent Alexander in for his bath already."

"Sorry Ames, I should have warned you it was going to get like this with these guys."

"It's ok. I'm sure he's walked in on worse."

"Worse than Max?" Karen said with a smirk.

"You fight it now, but just wait Karen, you will seek me out."

She turns to Sidney with pleading eyes "help?"

"You get yourself into these situations baby. I can't always bail you out." he said with a smile.


Karen knew exactly what Sidney wanted and if she wanted his help she'd have to give in to him. She had another idea to see who would break first.

"You know Max" Karen put her hand over his bicep and lightly squeezed "you're right. Why should I fight this anymore. Maybe we should see what could happen."

"Um, what about Sid?"

"I'll let the girls share him for a night." Karen and Max looked up when they heard silverware drop and saw all eyes on them. "Out of everybody, you're not going to take me up on this offer Sheril." When everyone looked at Sheril for her answer, Karen winked at her to play along.

"Hell yeah I'll take you up on the offer. Steve doesn't have to know."

"What is going on here?" Jordan asked confused.

"Max said it himself. I need to stop fighting his advances and just take him up on it." Karen looked from Jordan to Sidney. He sat there in disbelief and couldn't believe she was doing this to him. "Do you have a problem with all this Sid?"

Sidney knew the game she was playing and wondered how far she would take it too. "No I don't have a problem with it at all." He kept his eyes locked on Karen's and waited for her to give in. When she didn't he upped the stakes more. "The only thing is, if the girls get to share me and you only take Max, that's three to one baby. Are you going to be fine knowing your best friends all had me?"

"You forget Sid, best friends share everything. I will just have others to compare notes with. But on the other hand, are you going to be fine knowing that Max will know everything about me that only you should know?"

"Ok who are you people and is there any Tylenol? I need something to help understand this headache." Todd asked as they all laughed.


"I think what we have here is a battle of who is going to back down first." Marc said sitting back in his chair.


"Thanks for spoiling it. You know this opportunity won't come around again." Natalie said in a mock whining tone.

"How do you think I feel?" Max said with a dejected look.

Sidney looked over to Karen and saw she was still holding onto Max's arm "ok baby, game over. Could you let go of his arm now?"

"Who said anything about this being a game?" she said while putting her head on Max's shoulder.

"Alright fine, you win baby." Sidney said grabbing her hand and holding it "will you let go of him now?"

Karen moved away from Max, to his disappointment "well it was fun while it lasted."

"Sorry Max but it wouldn't have been believable with anyone else."

"At least you came out on the easy end of it. I lost her game and I still go back to the hotel alone tonight."


"Aww, poor baby. You'll get over it." Karen caressed his cheek.

"Yeah whatever." Sidney said pouting

Everyone sat there and laughed.

"As much fun as all this was, we need to get back" Marc said standing up.

"Wow, it's 8:30p already" Ryan said looking at his watch.

Sidney stood up and Karen went with him "thanks Todd, Amy for dinner. I know we all enjoyed a relaxing night out."

"Actually we should be thanking you guys for wanting to come join us tonight."

"And I know Alexander won't forget this night either."

Karen walked the guys out with Todd. "I'll be back after I drop them off."

"If you want to stay with him it is fine with me Karen" Todd told her.

"I appreciate that but I want him rested for the game. Besides, I hate leaving everyone like this. I know you guys understand but it's still not right to do that all the time."

"Gotcha. I will see you tomorrow then since I will be in bed when you get back."

"Ok, night Todd." Karen got to the car and laughed as they were all piled in the backseat and Sidney was comfortable up front. She pulled out and headed to the hotel. About 20 minutes later, Karen pulled into the parking garage of the hotel and parked the car. Everyone got out and Sidney held Karen back by the car as the others walked to the elevator after telling her goodbye.

"You sure I can't change your mind about staying with me?"

"Nope. You know you need this, you just need to admit it to yourself that you need it."

"I know but it's nice waking up with you before the day gets hectic for a game."

"Aww, sweet talk will get you what you want...except for tonight."

"Fine, I'll stop trying but could I possibly entice you to at least join me in the elevator up to my floor?"

"I think I can do that."

Sidney grabbed her hand and their fingers intertwined together as they walked to the elevator. When they got on and the doors closed Sidney had Karen pushed up against the wall and his lips were on hers for a searing kiss. His hand made its way under Karen's shirt and was caressing her breast. If Sidney couldn't get her to stay by asking her, he was going to convince her another way. They felt the elevator stop and Sidney brought his hand out from under her shirt.

"Now if that didn't convince you to stay, I don't know what will."

"Why do you do this to me?"

"Because I can" Sidney steps out of the elevator and brings Karen with him standing there kissing her "stay with me?"

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I think she'll stay...what woman, in her right mind, would be able to say no to that?

I loved when she pushed him in the pool, and the flirting with Max! :)

Sam said...

Oh my god, how could any woman say no to that invitation? I loved the whole ordeal with Max.

Please post more soon! =]

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

I agree, how could any woman say no?

Also I loved the whole Max ordeal. I love him so much and when I see him at the arena tomorrow I`ll be thinking of this.

Can`t wait for more.

Val said...

Okay, she better stay with him...I think maybe he will play better after a night with her :) who knows? Love your writing, keep it up!