10.25.2008

Chapter 36

As they laid there, Karen replayed from when she met Sidney until now. She couldn't help but wonder where they'd be now if she held out or resisted him. Karen laughed quietly to herself knowing that would have never happened. She would have been out of her mind to resist him.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing, just thinking about some things."

Sidney lifts his head and looked at her "like what?"

"Just random things."

"Was I one of the random things you thought about?"

"Of course, why do you think I was laughing."

"That's not nice baby."

"I'm kidding" Karen smiled at his pretend pouting. She looked over at the clock and saw it was getting late. "Are you staying here tonight or going home?"

"Why would you ask that knowing my answer?"

"Because the game tomorrow is an afternoon one. I don't want to offset the routine."

"Maybe for one night only, the routine could use a little shake up."

"Fine, but if you guys lose or YOU play bad, I am not being held responsible."

"Fair enough baby."

"Maybe we should go to bed so you can get some sleep."

"Right now sleep is not what I want."

Since Sidney was still inside her, he started moving his hips. He leaned down and captured her lips for a kiss. As the feelings began to stir inside her, Karen put her hands on his hips and dug her fingernails into his skin, lightly scratching up his back. Sidney moaned at the marks Karen was making and that only made him push harder into her. Sidney left her lips and made a trail back down to her neck. His hand came up to massage her breast as his finger and thumb played with her nipple. Sidney rolled the nub inbetween them, lightly pinching. Karen would arched her back showing her approval to his actions. Sidney got faster when Karen told him to bringing her to the edge and pushing her over it. As Karen's orgasm shook through her body, she clamped down on Sidney drawing his own orgasm out. He stayed on top of her for a few more minutes until he was done. Karen wrapped her arms around him and held him tightly to her body as they kissed.

Sidney pulled away "I think we can go to bed now."

"You know we could have done this upstairs then we would have already been in bed."

"I know, but we were already in the right postition."

"You're a freak."

"Well hate to break it to you baby, but I was never like this until I met you."

"So you're saying..."

"I'm saying you made me like this."

"Are you complaining?"

"Not at all. Of course my next girlfriend may not be able to handle all this."

"Is that right? Well you know, I had to perfect my moves somewhere. Why don't you remember that with next one."

"Alright, you played that very well baby."

"You should know by now that I don't give up that easily."

"Just another reason why I love you. Come on, let's go to bed. I have a game to be well rested for tomorrow."

Sidney got off her and helped her up. He picked her up and carried her upstairs to her room. Sidney laid her in the bed and watched her get comfortable before crawling in beside her. He set the alarm, curled up to Karen and went to sleep.

The next morning, the alarm went off and Sidney shut it off. He turned back to Karen and kissed her to wake her up.

"Morning baby."

"Mmm, morning. Feel rested enough to go kick some Philly ass today?"

"After last night, I am ready for anything today."

"Well you need to get up because you still have to get your things from Mario's before going to the arena."

"But getting up means I need to leave you."

"Really? Did you figure that out all by yourself Sherlock or did Watson help you?" Karen said laughing.

"My god you're a geek" Sidney laughed with her. "Ok, I am getting up, but mind if I grab a shower here?"

"No go ahead and before you ask, no I am not joining you."

"You really spoil the fun baby."

"I know" she said pushing him out of bed "now go."

Sidney got out of bed but leaned back down to kiss her. He walked to the bathroom and Karen just watched him "yeah that will definitely never get old." Sidney looked back and just laughed.

After Sidney was done with his shower, he came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist.

"Where are my clothes from last night?"

"Probably still down in the living room. We didn't bring them up with us."

"Ok, then I will get dressed downstairs." Karen sat up and he walked over to the bed and kissed her. "I will see you at the arena and after the game if we win."

"I will see you at the arena and definitely after the game when you win." Karen kissed him again "I love you."

"I love you too. Bye baby."

"Bye."

Sidney left the room and went downstairs to get dressed. Karen got out of bed and hopped in the shower. After Sidney got dressed he noticed the time and ran out of the house. Just as he was, Sheril, Diane and Natalie were getting out of the car as Sidney ran past.

"Hi Sid. Bye Sid" the three of them said in unison as he ran past. They all laughed and went inside. They made themselves at home and Sheril looked down to see a pile of clothes. She got the attention of the other two and all three of them smiled. A few minutes later, Karen came down dressed for the game and saw them in the living room.

"Hey girls. What's going on?"

"Maybe we should be asking you that. Or better yet, what went on here last night." Diane said holding up Karen's clothes.

"I just left clothes down here, no big deal."

"Really? So when did you start wearing boxers?" Natalie asked while holding up a pair of boxers that obviously Sidney forgot to put on or grab.

Karen felt the heat rise in her cheeks and she knew she was blushing in front of her friends. She took the boxers from Natalie and put them with her clothes, taking them to the bathroom and placing them in the hamper. When she came back in the living room, all six eyes were staring at her. "Well what do ya'll expect? We do have sex you know?"

"So wait, when he ran past us a few minutes ago, he was commando under his shorts?" Diane pointed out.

"Wait, I need to get a mental picture of this" Sheril said "give me a description Karen so I can get a more vivid picture in my head."

"I will do no such thing. That description stays with me."

"You're getting stingey in your old age."

"Sorry but there are some things a girl must keep to herself. You guys ready to get some lunch before the game?"

"Yeah, lets go."

Karen grabbed her jersey and purse then they all headed out. They got to the arena about 1p and chilled out with all the fans until the doors opened. Karen and Diane found a few others they knew from work and was talking to them. When the doors opened they walked in and got their beer, heading to their seats. Karen had a good feeling about today's game but wondered how Sidney was doing. She knew he wouldn't be nervous but she figured something was going through his head from his question last night. Karen got out her phone, going back inside the Igloo club and instead of texting, she called him hoping he would answer.

"Hello."

"Hey stud."

"What's up baby?"

"Look, I don't want to keep you long, I just wanted to tell you that I love you and good luck today."

Sidney smiled and walked into the hallway for some privacy "thank you baby. I needed to hear that."

"You guys are ready, this is your game to win."

"If you could feel the energy in this locker room I'd say that was obvious."

"Good. I'll see you after?"

"Definitely. I love you."

"I love you too."

They hung up and Sidney leaned up against the wall smiling. He was brought out of his thoughts and went back in the locker room to get his stuff. Karen had gone back to her seat and waited for them to come out.

Once the game got underway, the Pens had dominated and the scored showed it. They won with a shut out, 6-0 as Sidney had two assists in the game. They brought out the trophy for winning the Eastern Conference and Sidney had his picture taken with it before the team skated off. Karen wanted to wait around but the girls needed to get back. She was about to have them drop her off at her house when her phone vibrated with a message.

Come down to the locker room.

Karen told them to go without her since she wanted to wait for Sidney. Sheril had driven to the game so Karen could get a ride with him. She knew she had work on Monday and she would get to Wheeling late, but she felt like celebrating with him and the guys for a little bit. The girls understood and they said goodbye. Karen waited around until the arena cleared before heading downstairs. She flashed her pass and got through. She found Abby Malone, who was more than excited to see Karen.

"Can you believe they're going to the Stanley Cup Finals?" she said hugging Karen.

"Actually I can. They worked for this, it's their time to shine."

"I know. They are so happy right now. We were trying to think of some place to go and celebrate. You coming with Sid?"

"For a little while. I'll have to get home so I can get to work by 4a."

"That's what time you go to work? Why don't you just call in?"

"It'll be ok. I work until 1p so the day usually goes pretty fast."

They continued to talk until all the media left. They knew the guys would celebrate around for a little bit then get their showers. Karen and Abby stayed in the lounge area until Ryan and Sidney came out. Vero came out and said that everyone was going to her and Marc-Andre's house to finish the celebration. Ryan had come out a few minutes later and told Karen Sidney was about 10 minutes behind him. She thanked him and continued to wait. Karen got up and walked around the lounge area just looking around. She felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist and she turned around in them, giving him a very passionate kiss.

"Hey baby. Congratulations."

"Thanks. You ready to go over to Marc's?"

"Yeah, let's go."

When they left the arena, Sidney was holding Karen's hand as they went to his car. Karen saw a few people still waiting around for what players were left and they knew Sidney was one of them.

"Did you want to go sign a few things?"

"Do you mind? I mean it could be a little bit."

"I don't mind waiting, but it's up to you if you want to go over there."

Sidney kissed her cheek and started to walk over there to the delight of the small crowd "5 minutes I promise."

Karen looked at her watch "so 5 minutes in Sidney time is what 20 minutes, half hour?"

Sidney just looked back and laughed. He started signing and talking with the crowd. Karen kind of heard some of their questions and one sounded like someone asked if Karen was his girlfriend. She didn't hear his response but watched him as he continued to sign. Twenty minutes later, Sidney was walking back over to his car and to the huge smile on Karen's face.

"Don't say it baby."

Karen laughed as she got in the car then they headed out of the parking lot and on their way to Marc-Andre's house. They were pretty much the last ones to arrive which everyone knew. They made their way around the house greeting people before getting a drink and settling down on the couch. The guys spent about an hour talking about the game before going on to other things. Karen loved watching them all act normal, especially Sidney. She got up to get another drink and felt a hand on her ass. She turned around thinking it was Sidney but it turned out to be another.

"Um, can I help you there Geno?"

"If that's an offer, then yes."

"It wasn't an offer but if you would kindly remove your hand from my ass I won't have to hurt you."

He pressed his body into hers and Karen was up against the sink with nowhere to go "you might actually enjoy it."

"Be that as it may, it's not going to happen. Sorry to disappoint you."

"We'll see."

Geno left Karen and all she could do was shake her head at what just happened. She didn't feel unsafe with him or anything like that, its just his advances seemed to get stronger when alcohol is involved. "He really needs a girlfriend" she said to herself.

"He does have one but she still lives in Russia."

"Hey Max. Why doesn't he bring her over here to be with him?"

"Don't know, maybe he likes to play around and doesn't want her here to spoil that."

"Gotcha. So what's going on Max?"

"Nothing, just watching that little display there and was ready to jump in if needed."

"Well thank you. I guess it was either have someone come to save me or try and yell for Sidney over all the noise."

You know, we're all glad that Sidney has you especially now."

"Why especially now?"

"This is his first time playing for the Cup, if we lose he'll definitely need you. I mean, he's strong but it'll probably break him."

"As long as he remembers I'm here, he knows he has my support. But that was sweet of you to say."

"We all have noticed how much happier he is with you. You really did a number catching that boy's heart."

"I think he caught mine first. After I met him I really didn't think I would be where I am now."

"What do you mean?"

"I figured we would see each other whenever we could and I guess I thought I would be hidden away from everyone to keep this part of his life private."

"Well, no girlfriend is hidden from all of us. We're a family and we take care of each other."

"One big happy dysfunctional family. I fit in perfectly."

"That you do my dear" Max said hugging her. He pulled away and looked out the back door "I think you may want to go see what's outside."

Karen looked out the door and saw Sidney leaning up against the railing on the porch. She smiled at Max then headed out. "What are you doing out here all by yourself?"

"Well I'm not by myself anymore" he said holding her. "Where've you been?"

"Getting another drink in the kitchen. What's on your mind baby?"

"Nothing really. I'm just glad you're here."

"At least for another hour or so."

"Why can't you call in for tomorrow? Coach gave us tomorrow off and we could really sleep in."

"Sid, I have taken so many days off as it is. I thought you understood that after some home games I would have to not see you because of work the next day."

"I do understand and I'm sorry but since we aren't going to see each other at all during the next round, I just want as much time as possible with you."

"I know you do. Seeing you on weekends have been the highlight to my work week. But you know I'm right about this. Listen, I will trade my early day on Friday to Thursday and then we can be together all day and night Thursday until you guys leave Friday for Detroit."

"How are you so sure we're going to Detroit?"

"I am just going with all the predictions and if the league wants the finals to be over by the 9th of June, you'll have to start by Saturday night."

"I thought I was the one with all the hockey knowledge."

"You have the knowledge for all things on the ice baby."

"But Thursday is four whole days away, I have to wait that long?" Sidney said in almost a whine.
Karen couldn't help but laugh "what are you 5 now? Four days is not that long Sid."

"It is when I have to wait to see you. But if I need to, I will wait until then."

"You are to cute" Karen said before kissing him. "Did one of the fans ask you if I was your girlfriend?"

"You heard that?"

"I thought it sounded like someone asked that but you just comfirmed it. What was your response to that?"

"I told them that you were a really good friend. Do you mind?"

"It's up to you who you want to know about us."

"I did it because I don't want you to feel the backlash."

"I know and I appreciate it."

"Do you want to head back inside before you leave?"

"If you want to. I kind of like just being out here with you."

"Then we will stay here" Sidney said pulling her to him and letting her head rest on his shoulder.
An hour later, Karen told Sidney she had to leave. He took her inside to say goodbye to everyone and then drove her home. They went inside so Karen could get her bag and then he walked her to her car. Sidney leaned her against the car and kissed her.

"You going back to Marc's?"

"No, I think I am just going to head to Mario's and try to get some sleep."

"I wish I could call off work tomorrow but Thursday will be here before you know it."

"I will count down the days. Thanks for coming with me tonight."

"It was fun, I'm glad I went. You have some amazing friends."

"My girlfriend is more amazing." Sidney kissed her again but made it last a little longer before pulling away "I love you."

"I love you too. We'll talk Wednesday to make plans for Thursday ok?"

"Ok. Make sure you get some sleep after work."

"I will." Their foreheads met and they stayed still for a minute "I've got to go."

"I know, it's just my arms don't want to let you go."

Karen moves his arms from around her body and opened her door, getting in. She started the car and pulled out of the driveway waving to Sidney before taking off down the street. Sidney stood there until he couldn't see her lights and got into his car driving the short distance to Mario's house.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

They are just so cute together! And I love her friends - they are so funny!

Keep on rockin', girl!

mrsjordanstaal11 said...

One, that game was super intense & I`m so glad that I got to be outside at the big screen for it.

Two, I completely agree with Lauren they are so cute together.

Can`t wait to see what happens next, keep up the good work.

Sam said...

I'm in agreement with the two previous comments, they are so cute together.

Can't wait to see what happens next, please post more soon! =]

Val said...

Loved it, as usual, and they are pretty cute together...