10.02.2008

Chapter 28

"Ok girl. I think you need to spill about you and Sidney."

"What do I need to spill? You guys have seen us together and know we're dating, what more is there?"

All of the sudden all three of her friends bombarded her with their inquiries.

"How is he in bed?"

"Does he do anything erotic?"

"How big is he?"

"Is he as powerful as he is on the ice?"

"Can he go all night?"

"Alright" Karen began laughing at all the questions they were throwing at her. "That's a lot of questions to get in 30 seconds."

"Well get to answering" Sheril said.

"You know, I don't ask about the sexual escapades of you and your men, why am I getting the third degree?"

"Hello??? You are dating Sidney Crosby girl. We won't get to experience the phenom so we have to rely on you for all the juicy details."

Karen felt defeated but indulged her friends anyway. "Let's see, he is incredible in bed, no he hasn't done anything erotic...yet, haven't found out about him going all night since we've never had a whole day to recover after, and he is extremely powerful." Karen sat there and bit her bottom lip remembering her times with Sidney.

"Hey, get out of dreamland. You left out the best part....his size. Come on, tell me so I can picture it."

"That is all the more reason why I'm not going to tell you. A girl has to keep some things to herself." She saw the dejected look on Sheril's face "but I will just say that however you might imagine him to be, its not far from the truth."

"Hot damn woman."

"You guys have no idea about him. I swear when we're together nothing else matters to him, even playing hockey."

"How is that possible?"

"Well he was almost late one day. Got there within a minute but I guess when we're together he feels normal and the pressures of the game go away."

"That's a good thing isn't it?" Diane asked.

"Depends on who you ask." Karen saw the confused looks and knew she needed to explain a little more. "His dad has other ideas. All he thinks is that I'm with Sid because of who he is or how much money he makes. He also thinks I have an agenda to possibly get pregnant and trap him into marriage. He's not seeing how different Sid is when we're with each other that he's happy being with me."

"Dad's are like that. I know Steve's dad didn't like me at first." Sheril added

"Maybe because the first time he met you, you were on top of his son riding him like a bull rider."

"Oh shut up you."

Karen laughed at her friend and soon all of them were laughing. They finished their lunch and went back to Karen's house. Natalie and Diane had to go to work but would be back later that night to go to the game on Sunday.

A couple hours later the guys were leaving the arena from practice. Sidney was about to call Karen when Jordan approached him.

"Hey Sid, we're all going to Marc's and hang out, you up for it?"

"Nah, I think I'm going to head home then go see Karen. But have fun."

"What's going on Sid? You used to be up to hanging out with us after practice."

"We hang out, I just want to be with Karen too. I don't ever complain when all you guys always wanted to bring your girlfriends or wives, why are you giving me shit all of the sudden?"

"I'm not giving you shit Sid but come on. You have been with her nonstop since you guys met."

"If you recall Jordan, I only see her on the weekends. That's a total of 2 days out of 7, give me a break here. I thought you guys liked Karen."

"We do, it's not that."

"Then what is it?"

"We just think you need to slow it down with her. You guys have been together for a few weeks but act like its been years. We see how you love her Sid and she's great for you, we all know that but we're nearing the final round and we need you on the top of your game."

"If anything Karen makes my game better if you've notice. Look, however the playoffs go I head home for the offseason and she'll be here. Maybe I want to spend as much time with her before I don't see her for a few months. How hard is it for you guys to understand that?" Sidney didn't let Jordan answer hm as he got into his car and drove off. On his way home, Sidney called Karen.

"Hello."

"Hey baby."

"Well hey there stud. Haven't talked to you in forever. What's it been...a few hours?" Karen said laughing.

"It feels like forever baby."

"Something wrong Sid?"

"No everything's fine."

Karen noticed the tone of his voice was off but didn't push him to tell her. "Ok. So what is my hockey stud up to?"

"Well, I was going to head to the house and then go see my beautiful girlfriend."

"Ah, lucky lady."

"I'm the lucky one. So, I was wondering if you and your friends wanted me to stop somewhere and get some dinner."

"Well it's only me and Sheril. Nat and Diane had to work and they won't be back until later but if you want to get something, I know we'll appreciate it."

"Any suggestions?"

"Nope, you pick what you want, we're easy to please."

"Tell me something I don't know baby."

"Apparently someone will be going home alone tonight. Any idea who that may be?"

"No, not a clue. I'll see you in an hour?"

"Ok. I love you."

"I love you too baby."

They hung up and Karen turned around to Sheril smiling at her.

"What?"

"First of all I am not easy, and second you guys are sickening to listen to."

"Um, yeah you are and I know but I can't help it. I mean come on, when you and Steve first started going out you guys were NEVER like this?"

"Yeah, I guess we were."

"Then you understand what I'm feeling right now. Its all so new and I just want to spend every waking moment with him. Its like the world slows down until we see each other."

"I know girl, we all know since we were all there once. Just be careful."


Before Karen could respond Sheril's cell phone rang and she went to answer it. Karen stood there wondering what she meant by that. She came back from her phone call.

"Well I'm in. Mom said she'd watch the kids while Steve was at work and get them to school and everything."

"Cool, now all we need to do is wait to see if Nat and Diane get off work."

"Yep. I am going to call Steve at work and let him know what's going on."

Sheril leaves Karen to make her call in private and Karen goes to sit on the front porch. She wondered what Sheril meant...'be careful'. Did she mean when they made love? Just being out together? The way they loved each other? Karen was soon brought out of her thoughts when she saw a car pull up and Sidney got out with a bag of food.

"Are you waiting for me?" Sidney said walking up on the porch.

"Yeah, something about watching you walk towards me just does something to me."

Sidney put the food down and pulled her up to him, wrapping his arms around her "and what exactly does it do to you?" he whispered in her ear.

"Makes me hotter than Georgia asphalt" she said before leaning up into him and kissing his soft, pouty lips. Sidney accepted her lips and allowed the kiss to deepen. Karen felt his tongue lightly move over her lips to beg for entrance and she gladly accepted it. Karen heard the door open but she ignored it and kept kissing Sidney.

"My god you two, give it a rest." Sheril saw they were still kissing and not paying attention to her "since ya'll are ignoring me, I am taking the food."

After Sheril left and they heard the door shut, they broke away from each other laughing. "I do love doing that to her."

"That was fun. Maybe we should go eat before she eats it all."

"Or do you want to eat because continuing this will lead somewhere else?"

"Oh it will definitely lead somewhere...later." Sidney kissed her again before leading her inside.

After they ate, the three of them went to the living room and watched tv. Karen's cell phone rang and she got up to get it. While she was on the phone, Sheril started asking Sidney some questions.

"So Sid, do you really like Karen or are you just having fun until someone else comes along?"

"You get right to the point don't you?"

"When it comes to my best friend possibly getting hurt, yes I do. So do you?"

"I really like her Sheril, I love her actually. She's not like other girls I've met and she wants to be with me because of me not because of who I am."

"You know she was hurt before."

"Yeah, she's told me about it and about her parents too. We know a lot about each other."

"Well then, you know if you hurt her we will hurt you."

"I don't plan on hurting her Sheril. She is as special to me as she is to you guys."

"Good to know."

"Yeah it is" Karen said walking into the room. "Diane and Nat were able to get the days off."

"Cool. Well, I am going to take a long hot bath so when they get here we can have some fun." Sheril said and then walked past Karen going to the guest room.

"So, what was all that about?"

Sidney held his hand out and Karen took it. He pulled her down on his lap and she cuddled up against his chest. "She asked me if I really liked you."

"And your answer was?"

"That I loved you. Your lucky to have friends that care about your happiness."

"I'm sure your friends want the best for you too Sid."

"Not the way Jordan was acting earlier. He asked me to join the guys at Marc's to hang out and I told him that I wanted to be with you instead."

"Sid, you could have gone I would have understood. You need this time with the guys to keep your spirits going."

"Our spirits?" Sidney said laughing

"You know what I mean." Karen said as she hit him in the chest. Just then her phone rang again and she answered it trying not to let Sidney figure out what she was planning. "Hello. Hey Todd I was going to call you tomorrow but since I have you on the phone if your offer still stands, count us in. Yeah, ok. Sounds good. Bye Todd."

"Who's Todd?"

"A guy I work with."

"What did he offer exactly?"

"Are you jealous stud?"

"I'm not jealous, I'm curious."

"It's just something to do with work. He was planning a get together and he offered to take care of everything. It's all good and you have nothing to worry about."

"I thought you were cheating on me."

"Sweetie, you are the guy girls cheat on with" rubbing her hand over his chest "not the one to cheat on."

"That's good to know. So how long do we have until the others get here?"

"Let's see, it's after 6 the store closes at 9, they'll be here by 10:30. Why? What do you have in mind Crosby?"

"Why don't we head upstairs and I can show you?"

Karen got off his lap and brought Sidney with her. He started walking up the steps when Karen jumped on his back for a piggy back ride. They laughed all the way to her room and when Sidney opened the door he turned around and dropped her on the bed.

"Oh very nice Crosby. What a way to treat your girlfriend."

Sidney crawled on the bed and on top of her "trust me, I treat her like a queen." He began to undress her, kissing every area of skin that was exposed to him. Sidney had her down to her bra and underwear. He got off her and stood over her body, admiring her. He lightly felt his way up her thighs and reached her panties, pulling them down and off her legs. Karen closed her eyes when she felt Sidney kiss the inside of her thigh then blow air over her opening. Her body began to quiver when she felt Sidney's tongue run over her folds to her clit. He flicked his tongue over it a few times before her dived into her. Karen tightly grabbed the sheets around her at the feelings Sidney was stirring within her. The faster he went the quicker Karen's orgasm shot through and released her juices. Sidney got up and Karen sat up meeting his lips. As they kissed, she unbuttoned his jeans and removed them along with his boxers off his hips. He kicked out of them while he took off his shirt. Karen's eyes just scanned his body and loved how muscular it was, not to mention beautiful. She grabbed his arms and pulled him down onto her body, spreading her legs to allow him to fit. They laid there kissing while hands roamed all over their bodies. Karen felt Sidney grow harder against her stomach and she reached her hand inbetween their bodies and guided him inside her. As soon as Sidney plunged deep into her, Karen gasped. She loved how he stretched her everytime so he would fit. Karen put her hands on his hips and began moving them letting Sidney know she was ready for him. Sidney's movement began slow by coming all the way out and slamming himself deep inside her. His pace began to quicken but Karen stopped him and flipped them over onto his back. Karen smiled as she took control of him. She unhooked her bra and slipped it off, letting it fall to the floor. She placed her hands on top of his thighs and moved in an upward motion squeezing her muscles tighter around him drawing his orgasm out. Karen couldn't take it any longer and went faster bringing herself over the edge. She continued riding Sidney until he came inside her. He sat up and wrapped his arms around her until he was done filling her. They sat there in silence with only their breathing filled the room.

"I'm glad you chose to spend time with me after practice" Karen whispered.

"Me too. I don't think any of the guys would have been up for this."

"Thank god" she said and they both laughed. "I might have to start worrying about you when you go away for road games."

"Come with me when we go to Philly."

"You know I can't Sid. I can't just ask for time off, I have to put it in three weeks in advance. Besides, would I actually be able to stay in your room with you?"

"I might be able to make that happen. I just want to be with you right now." Sidney all but pleaded with her.

"I know baby and I would love nothing else. Please understand why I can't."

"I do, really. I just figured the more I ask, you might cave in one of these days."

"You're insane...but I love you anyway."

"Good." Sidney held onto her and turned them over to lie them down. Their bodies fit so well together as if they were meant to be. As they laid there, Karen thought about how she couldn't wait to surprise Sidney in Philly Tuesday night. She hated lying to him but she hoped he wouldn't be mad at her.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Ask me anything baby."

"What happened after practice?"

"Jordan asked me if I wanted to go to Marc's to hang out and when I told him I wanted to come see you, he said I needed my head to be in the playoffs and to slow things down with you."

"Sounds like your dad got to him."

"I thought it sounded familiar."

Karen sat up and looked at Sidney "I thought they liked me. Have I been wrong about that?"

Sidney sat up beside her "you're not wrong because they do like you. He even said they thought you were good for me, I just think that with this being the Eastern Conference finals they are worried I might lose my concentration." Sidney saw the look she had but turned her head to avoid looking at him "what's going on?"

"I was going to wait to see how this round went but maybe telling you now might get you enough time to get use to it." Karen took a deep breath and then continued "I think that when you get to the finals, we should maybe...maybe not....spend so much time together."

Sidney could tell this was hard for her to say to him and he saw how much love she did have for him to sacrifice their love so he could concentrate in the Stanley Cup Finals. He lifted his hand up and turned her head to look at him "I was wondering who was going to say it first but I was thinking the same thing. As much as I would love to do this during the final round, I think we should take a step away too."

"Wow, I thought you were going to fight me on this."

"Me too. You know this doesn't mean that I want this to be over or for us to break up."

"I know. I know that I am important to you but I also know you've worked your whole life towards this and I don't want to be the reason you fail."

"You won't be I promise."

3 comments:

Lauren said...

So I just got all caught up and I love, love, LOVE this story!

I love their witty banter back and forth and I love that she has her own life going on...and Geno is just hilarious in this!

Can't wait for more! :)

Val said...

I read this story on the recommendation of Lauren, who is also a terrific writer...oh my goodness, this is fabulous...love it, love it, keep writing it, love it...I love the character of Karen...she is the bomb...you go girl

Sam said...

I totally agree with Lauren and Val/stovgirl. All I can say is dude, I love this story! But I don't know if I'll be able to handle them spending some time apart. Please post more soon! =]