12.12.2008

Chapter 60

Karen literally threw herself into work after she got back. She figured if she was always working, She wouldn't miss Sidney as much as she was. The rest of August went by quickly and September was right around the corner. Karen and her friends always did a countdown until training camp and this year was no different, only her countdown was for Sidney to get back to town.

Soon it was Labor Day and Karen was at work. She was working on a rack of clothes when she felt a hand on her waist and turned around startled but surprised.

“Sid? What are you doing here?” she asked hugging him.

“I got in yesterday and wanted to surprise you.”

“Well you did. I’m glad you’re back. I’ve missed you.”

“I’ve missed you too baby. How about I walk around for a little bit and let you finish up so we can go spend some time together?”

“I’d love that. I should be done in about 15 minutes so I’ll meet you where?”

“Not sure, maybe I’ll be in fishing again.”

“Ok, I’ll find you.”

Sidney kissed her quickly and left her standing by her cart. She smiled then finished up the rack and went to put her cart away and clock out.

“Is nice to see the smile has returned. I guess that hug and kiss from Sidney a few minutes ago is a big part of that.”

“Hey Diane, I didn’t know you were here today?”

“I just got in and had to return something before clocking in. I take it he just got back.”

“Yeah, he said yesterday and I was only expecting a phone call and go up to see him this weekend. But I am glad he came down.”

“And I’m sure you can’t wait to be alone with him.”

“You know me to well. I’ll call you later.”

Karen told Diane goodbye and left to go find Sidney. She headed towards fishing, but she saw a group of people by the front door and Karen noticed the Reebok hat in the middle of everyone and knew what happened. Karen walked up to the crowd and another co-worker told her who was here. She just smiled at her and tried to get Sidney to look at her direction. When he did she mouthed ‘sorry’ and he just smiled at her. Soon, the store manager came in to see what was going on. Karen grabbed him and took him aside to see if he could help Sidney.

“Do you know what’s going on Karen?”

“Um, yeah. Sidney Crosby came down to see me and I guess someone recognized him before I got here. I know he doesn’t mind signing, but could you maybe organize it better Brooke?”

“Ok everyone let’s give Mr. Crosby some room” he said getting them to spread out. “I am so sorry, if we knew you were coming we could have planned this better.”

“It’s ok, really. I don’t mind it and please, it’s Sidney.”

“Well you know the longer you stand here, the more people that will crowd around.”

“That’s true” Sidney looked over and saw Karen standing there “is it ok if I go out the employee entrance?”

“Of course not, let me walk you out.”

Sidney went to Karen and grabbed her hand so they could leave. He signed a couple of things as he walked out with Karen and the store manager.

“I’m sorry Brooke. He was here before and no one recognized him, I didn’t mean for that to happen.”

“You don’t need to apologize Karen, its fine. Sidney, it was a pleasure to meet you and whenever you want to come back, let us know and we will surely accommodate your next shopping visit.”

“Next time I come down, shopping won’t be the only reason” he said smiling at Karen.

“How long have you two been dating Karen?”

“Since April. We’ve been able to keep it quiet until now.”

“Don’t worry. If anybody inquires why he was here, it will be a surprised shopping visit and no other reason.”

“Thanks Brooke, I appreciate that.”

“No problem Karen. You are an important part of Cabela’s and this store and I will see to it that nothing gets out or rumors start for you. Go have fun and I’ll see you tomorrow. Sidney, good luck this season.”

“Thanks.”

They said goodbye and headed to Karen’s car. Sidney told her where he was parked and she drove him to his car so he could follow her down to the house. After 20 minutes, they got to the house and went in.

“So how did all that happen?” Karen asked as they sat down on the couch.

“I was looking around and next thing I knew a little kid saw me and when I started signing for him, more people clued in and just gathered around me.”

“You just can’t resist all those little kids.”

“I think it means more to them then the adults. Their faces light up and it’s special.”

“I think you’re special for doing that. It should be fun going to work tomorrow and hear all the talk.”

“I just wonder if it will come out now about us dating.”

“You know what I’m going to leave it to you. I’m fine if people know I just need to know what you want me to tell them.”

“Can you handle what will come with people knowing?”

“If you mean the backlash from your female fans, yes I can. They can say what they want but I know what’s happening between us.”

“Not only the fans, but maybe the press too.”

“It’ll be fine. Besides, I’ll only give the true story to the highest bidder” she said smiling at him.

Sidney reached into his pocket and brought out some money “what’s the rate?”

“Depends on how much information you want to know about?” Sidney pulls out a credit card and hands it to her. Karen holds it and busts out laughing. “What am I, an ATM machine?”

“Well, there is a place I would like to swipe.”

Karen smacked him on his arm “you are perverted you know that?”

Sidney leaned into her “no, I just missed you.”

“What should we do about that?”

“How about we go to your room and let me show you how much?”

Karen kissed him before getting up and walking towards her room. She looked back and saw Sidney still sitting on the couch “should I start without you or are you joining me?”

“I may need a little more persuasion.”

Karen turned completely around and grabbed the hem of her t-shirt and pulled it over her head, throwing it at Sidney before going into the bedroom. Sidney picked up the shirt and got off the couch going to the bedroom. He saw her standing by the bed waiting for him.

“So is this all I get?” holding up the shirt.

“If you want more, you need to come get more.”

Sidney threw the shirt down, shutting the door with his foot and walked over to her. He wrapped his arms around her waist, bringing his lips down to hers. Karen finds the bottom of his shirt and brings it up his chest. They broke their kiss so Karen could remove it completely. She brought her hand back down over his chest and abs, lightly touching the skin. Sidney moved her hand so he could reach down and unbutton her jeans. Karen felt his breath going down her body as he moved down to take off her jeans. Sidney placed kisses up her leg and stopped when he got to her stomach. He smiled into her skin when he heard a giggle escape her lips, realizing he was tickling her. Sidney moved higher and found his spot on her neck. Karen leaned into his mouth and put her arms around him.

“Mmm, I’ve missed what your touch and kisses do to me.”

“You haven’t felt anything yet baby.”

Sidney lifted her up and placed her on the bed. He removed his jeans and boxers before climbing on top of her.

"Um, aren't you forgetting something?" Karen asked as Sidney began his assault on her neck again.

"No, I'm getting turned on more with you just wearing your bra and panties."

"Doesn't that defeat the purpose of what we want to do?"

"Maybe not" Sidney said with a micheivous grin. He left her neck and went towards one of her breasts. He pulled the material down and kissed over it. Sidney lightly sucked on her nipple then blew cool air over it making her back arch and giving him better access. He covered her breast back up and went to do the same to the other one. After Sidney was satisfied, he kissed around her stomach before going back up and attacking her lips. While they were kissing, Karen felt Sidney's hand move to her mound and rub it over the fabric. He moved the material to one side and exposing her swollen lips to him. Sidney rubbed himself over her lips before plunging deep inside of her. Keeping her underwear on, it made it tighter for Sidney to maneuver and it turned them on more. Karen moaned out for him to go harder, which he obliged. Sidney started to pound into her hard as her fingernails scratched up his back. Sidney moaned at the pain but kept going. His thrusts got faster wanting to bring Karen over the edge. After a few minutes, he heard her breathing quicken and felt the tightness around him as Karen moaned out her pleasure. Sidney couldn't hold on any longer and came hard, spilling his seed inside her. Sidney slowed his thrusts down, making sure he was done filling her up before pulling out, but he didn't get off of her.

"Oh wow."

"I haven't gotten that response from you yet."

"Maybe you've been slacking then."

"I don't think that has ever been it."

"True, it must be being apart that makes it better."

"Well, I'm not going anywhere for awhile."

"Good" Karen said bringing her hand up to his cheek "I won't be able to handle being away from you again."

"Me either baby."

Sidney kissed her again before resting his head in her neck. Karen brought her hand up and curled her fingers in his hair as she closed her eyes, loving the feeling of his weight on her again. Sidney laid there, but thoughts plagued his mind from closing his eyes.

Flashback

It was the last day Sidney was at home before leaving to head back to Pittsburgh. He was having dinner at his parents' house when his dad brought up the subject of Karen and breaking it off with her...again.

"Why can't you just see I want what's best for you Sid?"

"Why couldn't you see how happy she makes me? You had dinner with her twice during the playoffs and never gave her the chance."

"I saw how happy she made you, I am not debating that. You're 21 Sid, you have your whole life ahead of you and that life is hockey."

Sidney got up from the table "maybe hockey doesn't have to be my life." He walked out of the dining room and out the door.

Troy got up and walked out after his son "Sidney wait."

"No, I am not going to hear it dad. For the past three weeks, all you did was beat it in my head to break up with her. I love her dad. You do remember what that is? You always told Tay and I stories about how in love you were with mom before you got married. I grew wanting that but hockey always came first. I've got the career in hockey, that part of my life is stable. Let me be happy outside of the arena and let me be with Karen."

"Sid, you love her and I get that, I do. Maybe if you talk to her and just until the season starts, take a break to make sure you can handle everything, if she understands she'll give you that space and be there when the season is well under way."

"I'm not promising anything dad, alright?"

"It's for the best son, you'll see."

Troy patted Sidney on the shoulder and walked back inside. Sidney got in his car and went back to his house to finish packing, with his dad's thoughts still swarming around his head.

End of Flashback

A couple hours later, Karen woke up with Sidney still on top of her. She began to rub his back and it made Sidney start to stir. He came to and looked at Karen "sorry baby, didn't mean to fall asleep."

"That's ok, it was nice."

"Yeah it was. Maybe we should get up and find something for dinner before I head back up to Pittsburgh."

"You're not staying with me tonight?" Karen said somewhat disappointed.

"I wasn't planning on it." Karen got out from under Sidney and went to the bathroom, shutting the door "Baby, please let me explain" he said getting up and putting on his boxers.

"Explain then" Karen said from behind the door.

"Will you come out here so I can?"

Karen opened the door and looked at Sidney "what?"

"Baby, I need to go to New York for media day on the 3rd and we leave tomorrow."

"So you can't stay tonight if you're not leaving until tomorrow why?"

"It'll just be easier. Please don't be mad about this."

"I just thought I would get more than a couple hours with you."

"We will have more time together I promise. I just need to take care of this."

"You couldn't have told me this earlier?" she said as her face softened.

"I know I should have but I didn't want to ruin this time for us to be together" he said pulling her into his arms. "We still have 6 hours until you have to go to bed that we can spend together."

"Alright, but you're taking me out to dinner."

"Fair enough baby." Sidney brought his lips to meet hers in a passionate kiss before breaking away and getting dressed to go out for dinner.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

great, as always :)

Val said...

I second Lauren, as usual!