12.25.2008

Chapter 70

After they ate, Karen did up the dishes as Sidney did other things that was in his game day routine. When she was done, she went into the living room to join Sidney.

"Am I allowed to join you or will that disrupt the hockey universe?"

Sidney laughed and held out his hand. Karen took it and he pulled her to sit beside him "nothing you do will disrupt my hockey universe."

"I just want to make sure."

They sat together until Sidney was ready for his nap. He got up and brought her with him. They went upstairs and Karen laid down waiting for Sidney to get out of the bathroom. He came out a minute later, set the alarm and laid down bringing her towards his body. Karen laid there then looked up at Sidney. He was already asleep and looked so boy-like. She loved the different faces to him and she just studied the features of his face, his shoulders, his arms, chest and stomach until she could fall asleep.

An hour and a half later, the alarm rang and Sidney got up after turning it off. He saw Karen start to stir and kissed her to wake her up.

"Hey baby, how long will it take you to get ready?"

"Not long. I got my shower this morning, so I can get ready while the girls are on their way up."

"Will you go in with me today?"

"I'll have to think about that, go with you or with my friends" Karen laid there moving her hands like they were scales "I think its a no contest."

"You going with me then?"

"No, the girls" she said and tried to keep a straight face but a smile broke out anyway.

"You are not right baby." Sidney started to undress so he could get a shower. He stayed directly in front of her and stripped down to where he was completely naked before he walked into the bathroom and then shut the door.

"Now who's not right" Karen yelled at him. She stayed there laughing then got up and got dressed. After she was ready, she sat back on the bed and waited for Sidney to come out. She grabbed the phone calling Sheril to tell her to meet at the arena since she was going in with Sidney. Karen hung up right before Sidney emerged from the bathroom with nothing but a towel on.

Seeing her dressed and ready "I guess you decided to go in with me?"

"You have a very nice argumentive style Crosby."

He walked over to her and kissed her "I knew that would get you to change your mind."

Karen stood up and kissed him back before walking out of the room "I'll be downstairs."

"Wait, we have time to add to the routine" he said grabbing for her.

"Sorry but that's not possible right now" she smiled at him and went downstairs.

Sidney went to get dressed so they could get to the arena. As they were driving to the arena, Sidney wanted to talk about what she meant at the house.

"Can I ask you a question baby?"

"Sure."

"Is there a reason, besides needing to get to the arena, that you turned me down?"

Karen smiled "it's because of my leg. My knee and hip won't let me get into any position yet."

"So then you weren't turning me down."

"No I wasn't. If I wasn't hurt when we got back together, trust me I would have attacked you that first night."

"I think that's the other way around baby. I always find myself attacking you."

"True, but it could have been different for once."

"You think so?"

"I think you're afraid to let me take control."

"I'm not afraid of anything" he said with a little distain in his voice.

"Ooo, did I strike a nerve there Crosby? Did I find a weakness?" she said touching his sides getting him to laugh.

"No you didn't."

"Alright, but you would love what I could do to you if you ever let me."

Sidney thought about that for a minute "maybe one day." He looked over when he heard Karen laugh and shake her head at him. "How's your knee feeling today? I see we didn't bring the crutches today."

"It's ok. I have two weeks left on medical leave and I guess I wanted to test it with it just being wrapped and walking under my own power."

"Baby, you can't rush injuries like that. You're going to do more damage to it."

"Thanks for the info Dr. Crosby but I don't know how much more damage I can do to it."

"You could do a lot more than you think."

"Well my appointment is Monday so when the 'real' doctor looks at it, he can tell me what's going on."

"What time on Monday? Maybe Doc Sid needs to be there to offer his own opinions."

"10a and doesn't Doc Sid have practice?"

"It'll be an optional skate practice anyway."

"Doesn't that just mean it's the option to skate? Don't you still need to be there?"

"I think I could miss one practice. I'll just tell them that I need to drive you to your appointment."

"Sid..."

Sidney pulled into the players lot and parked the car. He looked over at Karen who just looked at him "there will be no more discussion about it. I am going with you so you need to deal with it." He got out of the car and went to the passenger side to help Karen out.

"We need to change this 'I'm always right so just go with it' attitude of yours" she said smiling.

"It's never going to happen baby, so just go with it."

Sidney kissed her cheek and they started to walk in. There were a few fans that were calling to Sidney and he smiled at Karen before walking over to sign. Karen stood by the entrance and looked around seeing Sophia standing up top over the entrance. When Sidney started to walk towards her and take her hand, Karen shot a look to her and just smiled as they went inside.

They went to the lounge area and Karen went to sit down on the couch to wait for Sidney to come back out. He had taken off his jacket and tie and came to sit beside her. They sat and talked as other players started to come in. All of them were happy to see Karen there and joined them to relax before they needed to get ready.

About an hour later, the guys were heading into the locker room to get changed. Sidney stayed for a little bit longer with Karen on the couch. They were sitting close and talking. Karen was distracted when Max and Geno came back into the lounge area with only shorts on and started flexing around behind Sidney. Karen tried to keep from laughing and pay attention to what Sidney was talking about. She about lost it when Jordan, Marc-Andre, Matt Cooke and Hal Gill joined in on the fun. Karen broke out laughing and Sidney saw where her eyes went and turned around.

"What are you guys doing?"

"Just giving Karen an option" Geno said.

"You think you're the only stud in this locker room Sid?" Max added in.

"Well according to MY girlfriend, I am the only stud to her" Sidney said standing up, taking off his shirt.

Karen looked to Vero, who was still in the room witnessing this for help. She was laughing just as much as Karen especially once Marc joined. He was skinny but still had nice definition. Vero just shook her head and whispered "I think they're beyond help" to Karen. A few minutes later Coach Therrien came in and told the guys to go get ready. The guys left and Sidney was standing there with Karen. He wrapped his arms around her and she just smiled at him.

"Was that all for my benefit or do you guys do this all the time?"

"It's a game day ritual. What are you talking about baby."

"Glad I was here to see it. So much machoism in one room, it's going to be hard to watch the game now."

"Why's that?"

"I'll just keep picturing what's really under those uniforms."

"Really and who will you be picturing more?"

"I'm not sure. I mean all you guys have the defintion but are all different. Like Geno and Marc are kinda thin but muscular. Max, Jordan and Matt have a little more meat to them, but Hal now there's what you call built."

"Um, care to add me in there?"

"I get to see you almost every night stud, it was the first time seeing them like that. But if I had to pick a winner, it's you hands down" Karen whispered running her hands over his chest "this is what I want to always see."

Sidney smiled and loved when her hands touched him "you're going to make it hard to play hockey now."

"You might need to jump in a very cold shower then."

"I'll just use all this pent up energy for the game."

"Well, I will let you go so you can get ready. The girls should be getting here soon and I want to go up to meet them."

"How about a good luck kiss first?"

"Like I would leave without giving you that."

Sidney leaned in and pressed his lips to hers. The kiss got a little more intense and continued on. A few minutes later Karen felt a tap on her shoulder, broke the kiss turning her head and staring directly at Max's smiling face.

"If it's not too much to ask Karen, but could we maybe have our captain back so he could suit up and join us on the ice for, I don't know, a hockey game?"

"What's the matter Max, jealous that you don't get this before a game?"

"Well if you're offering Karen, you know I won't turn you down."

Karen turned her head and kissed Sidney once more before she let go of him "good luck stud and Max, keep dreaming." Karen winked at Sidney before walking out of the lounge. Sidney just shrugged his shoulders at Max and went to get ready.

When Karen got outside, her phone went off and it was Sheril telling her they were parking the car and they would be there in a few minutes. Karen told her that she would be around the doors and would meet them there. She wasn't waiting long when she heard a voice behind her.

"You must be desperate Karen."

"What do you want Sophia?" she said turning around to face her.

"Well I expected somewhat of a better greeting than that but I'll take what I can get. You know Sidney was a nice change from all the others I've had."

"Meaning what?" Karen said not getting upset.

"Just that he was young and I think I made a very good impression on him."

"Yeah, I say you made an impression alright....the wrong one."

"I don't think so."

"Really? Then why are we back together already?"

"Because you're so pathetic."

"No, I think it's because nothing happened and I had no reason to wait for the delousing process."

"Is that what he told you, that nothing happened? You are really nieve Karen. When have you ever known a hockey player to turn me down?"

"You're right, they've never turned you down...that is until Sidney. I believe him when he said nothing happened between you two."

"Then you just fell for the ultimate lie because it did happen and it was amazing" Sophia said before walking away. Karen just stood there. She didn't want to believe that Sidney lied to her about being with her but like she told him, she couldn't judge him if he did with what happened with Rick. Soon her friends met up with her and they waited the few minutes until they opened the doors.

The game started and ended with the Pens winning 5-2 over Buffalo. The girls wanted to go celebrate at Pops and Karen text Sidney telling him she wanted to go with them and if he wanted to meet up with her after he was done. She got a text back and Sidney asked her to wait for him so they could head over together. Karen told her friends they she would meet them there and went back down to the lounge to wait for Sidney to get done. As she sat there waiting and talking to some of the other girls, she couldn't keep what Sophia said out of her head.

No comments: