12.27.2008

Chapter 71

After Sidney was done with the media and getting his shower, he met up with Karen in the lounge. He looked at her but it looked like something was bothering her. He walked over and kissed her before offering his hand to help her up so they could leave. When they walked outside, Sidney held onto her hand as they went to the car. A few fans called for him, but he waved and got in.

"Why didn't you want to go sign?" Karen asked as Sidney pulled out of the parking lot.

"No specific reason, just didn't feel like it."

"Ok. You sure you feel like going to Pops then?"

"Yeah I'm sure."

They got to Pops and went inside. Karen waved at Pops at the bar and walked over to the booth her and her friends always occupied. She saw her friends and had to laugh when she saw Max, Jordan and Ryan sitting there with them.

"Did you guys adopt them or something?"

"No, its more like a bad rash that won't go away" Natalie said looking at Max.

Sidney saw the look too and looked at Karen "you know about something you're not sharing with me?" he whispered in her ear.

"Your guess is as good as mine" she whispered back.

Everyone made a move so they could sit down and join the fun. Every now and again, Sidney would see Karen get quiet and stare off. He knew she was fine before the game and he wondered what happened between then and now to change her mood. They stayed for a few more hours and then decided to leave.

"Do you mind if we crash at the house tonight Kiki, I really don't feel like driving back at this hour?" Sheril asked as they walked outside.

"You know I don't mind."

"We won't be interrupting anything between you and loverboy will we?" Natalie chimed in.

"No because I can't get my leg to move the way I want it to for any position, so it'll be fine."

Karen watched the three of them walk to their car and went to Sidney's. He was waiting by the passenger side door to help her in. "Everything ok?"

"Yeah. They are going to stay tonight, I hope you don't mind."

"Of course not. I wouldn't want them driving back this late either."

Karen smiled before she kissed him "I love you more than you know right now."

"Mmm, not that I'm complaining but why's that?"

"Because you are not only good to me, but to my friends too."

"I guess it's because of how close you guys are. They take care of you, like you take care of them and I need to take care of all of you. Your friends are special to you and if I am going to fit into your life, they're going to be special to me too."

"Thank you. Will you follow behind them?"

"Absolutely." Sidney kissed her and helped her in the car then went around to get in. He saw Sheril pull out and got behind her, following her to the house.

"Before we get to the house and don't get a chance to talk, something bothering you tonight?"

Karen didn't really want to get into anything and then have to hide feelings when she got around her friends "no, why would you ask."

"I don't know you just seem to be off thinking about something and wondered what was going on."

"Sorry, didn't think I was doing that."

"So, you going to tell me?"

"It's nothing. Just some things went through my mind is all."

"Which means we'll talk tomorrow after your friends leave" Sidney said as he pulled in the driveway behind Sheril. Karen looked over at him and smiled before getting out and going inside.

"What's with the bags? You going on a trip or did this turn into a hotel?"

"Hasn't it always been a hotel the way you guys are always here?"

"Did you take in a border?" Diane said looking at Sidney with a huge smile.

"I'm going to go change while you answer that baby" Sidney said walking upstairs.

"Thanks, I appreciate it." Karen looked back to her friends and went to sit in the living room "Sid decided to bring some of his clothes here so he doesn't always have to leave, go to Mario's and then come back. It just makes it easier."

"Is he slowly moving in?" Natalie asked.

Karen smiled "kind of."

"So then everything is ok between you two?"

"Everything is perfect" Sidney said coming in and sitting beside her.

"Apparently we'll have to look for the 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the front door before walking in next time we come up."

"Or you could just call before you leave and we can be done before you get here."

"Thanks for that information" Natalie said while rolling her eyes.

"How about some information from you? What was the look to Max about earlier tonight?"

Natalie was about to say something when she looked at Sidney.

"I won't say anything to him or do I need to leave?"

"No you don't need to leave. Alright, well the night that we went to Pops after the home opener and you left to go sit at the bar, Max and I were kind of flirting at the table. When we were leaving, he pulled me back and he kissed me."

"Really?" Karen said smiling.

"Don't get all happy. We exchanged numbers and talked a couple of times. He asked me to dinner one night and I came up to meet him and..."

"Did you sleep with him?" Diane asked surprised.

"Technically, sleeping wasn't involed but we did other things. I told him afterwards that I didn't know if I wanted a relationship right now and he's been calling me ever since that night. That's why I made the comment in his direction."

"Max is a great guy, why wouldn't you want to date him?" Sidney asked in defense for his friend.

"It's not just about Max, I see how it is between you two when Karen is down in Wheeling during the week. I don't think I can handle a relationship like that."

"Um Nat, I decided to stay here more and commute to work. I'll probably only stay down in Wheeling with Maggie when Sid is on a road trip for a couple days." She saw the look on her friends' faces, especially Natalie "I guess I couldn't handle it either." Karen felt Sidney's hand squeeze her shoulder and she leaned into him.

"So you're saying what?"

"I'm not saying what you already know. Give him a chance Nat, Max will surprise ya. At least he's got one hell of a body on him."

"Excuse me baby" Sidney said making her look at him.

Karen leaned in and kissed him "sorry stud, but he does."

"I think I'm going to bed on that. Goodnight ladies. You coming up baby?"

"I'll be there in a minute."

They waited for Sidney to leave and then talked for another few minutes.

"Who's idea was it for him to move in here?"

"Kind of both of ours. I hate being away from him and he was talking about looking for a house and I mentioned to him that if he needed a place before a game that he could come here while I was at work. We just started talking and I mentioned that I would try and stay up here when he has home games during the week and commute to work. That way we could spend time together at night. He'll still have some stuff at Mario's and I'm sure he'll stay there some times too. It's something we're trying right now."

"Well I know I speak for all of us when I say that we're happy for you" Diane said as the other two agreed.

"Thanks guys. After being away from him, I don't want that to happen again. I am going to head up, so I will see you guys in the morning."

"Duh, it is the morning."

"Shut up, I will see you guys later today."

Karen went upsatirs and opened the door to her bedroom. Sidney was already in bed and she quietly went into the bathroom to change. She came out and got into bed, feeling Sidney reach out for her and pull her to his warm body.

"So did you continue to talk about me when I left?"

"Yep. I went into detail about how you had a better body then Max's. The girls were obviously jealous."

"You lie, but I love you anyway."

"I love you too stud. Go back to sleep" she cuddled into him and went to sleep herself.

Everyone was up by noon and they all went out for lunch. Sidney had called Max to join them and when they walked into the restaurant Natalie sternly looked at her friends when she saw Max waiting for them. Karen held Sidney back and told the rest they would meet up with them.

"Did you call him to join us?"

"Maybe, was that wrong of me?" he said pretending not to smile.

"Sid?"

"What, the way she talked about him I figured she needed a push."

"Please tell me you at least didn't tell him what she said last night?"

"I didn't. All I told him was we were going to lunch before they went back and he practically jumped at the chance to come."

"This should be fun."

Sidney led Karen to the table and she got a look from Natalie. Karen just pointed at Sidney and left it at that. Lunch went smooth and Karen watched how Max would flirt with Natalie. It proved that this was deeper than just some alcohol related evening, Max really did seem to like her. After lunch, Sidney and Karen went back to the house leaving the girls with Max. They had taken both cars so they could head back when they were done. Once they got to the house, Karen sat down and waited for Sidney to join her. He came in a few minutes later and looked directly at Karen.

"What?"

"What was going on last night?"

"I need to know something, did you lie about sleeping with Sophia?"

Sidney looked Karen dead in the eyes as he answered her "no I didn't. I thought you believed me?" he said getting up.

"Sid wait. I do believe you but before the game she came up to me and it rattled me the way she was talking. I knew she was doing it to make me rethink everything and I told myself I wasn't going to let her, but it did."

"One night we were together, yes, the temptation was there and something could have happened. She kept pushing and I kept pushing her away. I could have let it happen and regretted it later, but I wasn't about to be a conquest for her. When I told her nothing was going to happen and started to leave, she went on about how many other players would kill for a chance with her. I just told her that I would kill to be with you again and left."

"I'm sorry for doubting you but I had to really make sure after what she said."

Sidney walked back over to her and brought her up to face him "I know. Let's just forget about everything that happened while we were apart and make this our new beginning."

"I like the sound of that" Karen said as she smiled at him and waited for Sidney's lips to meet hers as he leaned in. Sidney moved his hand down Karen's back and brought it back up but he managed to get it underneath her shirt. "Um, whatcha doing there studly?"

"Nothing, why do you ask?" Sidney said while he moved his lips to her neck.

"Because it seems to me like you're trying to start something."

"Who me? Never. You said you aren't able to and I am respecting that decision."

"Then why is your hand up the back of my shirt?"

Sidney pulls his head back to look at her "is that where it is? I have no idea how it got there baby."

"Stop being a smartass and remove the hand."

"Fine" Sidney removes his hand from under her shirt, only to put it on her ass and lightly squeezes it.

Karen takes his hand away and goes to sit down "you are being impossible."

"And you are being a tease" Sidney said sitting beside her.

"How am I being a tease?"

"From at the arena, touching me the way you did and then leave me hangin. You are such a tease."

"You're going on something from yesterday? Wow, how did you have the stamina to last that long?"

"Why do you ruin the game? Be nice and play along."

Karen sat there laughing "you are just bound and determined to see for yourself that I am not able to get how you want me."

"No" Sidney put his arm around her shoulders and turned her to him "its just been too damn long since I've made love to you."

"Let's see what the doctor tells me tomorrow ok? Maybe I could see a physical therapist while I'm there to help limber it up. I've tried to bend my knee when the bandage was off, it's hurts."

"I'm sure it does baby and I'm sorry for pushing."

"You're not pushing Sid. I want the same thing you do."

"Alright, we'll see what happens tomorrow. How about we spend the rest of the day just being together?"

"I love just being with you."

Sidney kissed her and they got comfortable on the couch finding some movies on tv to occupy the rest of their day.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love the little thing that is starting with Max and Natalie!

Great work, as always!

Val said...

Okay, I caught up with last week's chapters, and as I have said before "you are the bomb!" Oh, and I'm with Lauren, I love the little thing starting between Max and Natalie! More soon, please...

Hope you had/have a great holiday season!