12.24.2008

Chapter 69

Hey guys. Here is a short but sweet chapter to tide you over. Figured I'd write a little bit while Tom was roasting in the oven. Enjoy the chapter and I wanted to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and whoever got Sid wrapped with a big red bow today....there will be a posse formed later to retrieve him :)




The next morning, Sidney got up with the alarm on his cell phone. It was Saturday and it was a game day. He let go of Karen and carefully got out of bed to not disturb her. He went to the bathroom and came out about 15 minutes later. Sidney stood at the doorway and looked at Karen lying in bed. He saw how peaceful she looked and thought back to what she told him last night. Sidney smiled to himself and knew what he needed to do. He got dressed and was ready to go but kissed Karen on the cheek to wake her up.

"Hey sleeping beauty, wake up."

"Mm, what time is it?"

"A little after 8. I need to go get ready and head to the arena for our morning skate."

"Oh that's right, you play tonight."

"Yeah, are you going to come tonight?"

"Probably, there's this really hot player for the Penguins that I've been scoping out at every home game."

"Care to tell me who he is? Maybe I can make arrangements for you two to meet?"

"Thanks, but I've already met him and now I am just waiting for the right opportunity to make my move."

Sidney caressed her cheek and smiled "you can make any move you want baby. I know we'll get into this more when I come home but I don't hold sleeping with Rick against you."

"You don't?" Karen said softly with tears threatening to fall.

"No I don't baby. I understand why it happened and I think it's what you needed too."

"Thank you" she whispered.

"I got to go and we'll talk more later ok?"

"Ok. I love you."

"I love you too baby. Go back to sleep and I'll see you in a couple hours."

Karen turned her head and Sidney leaned in to let their lips meet. He pulled back and smiled at her before he left. Karen laid there and a few tears fell until she smiled and it hit her what he said 'when I come home'. She got comfortable again and closed her eyes to fall back asleep for a few hours.

Karen had woken up a couple hours later and managed to get a shower so all she had to do was get ready for the game later. She went downstairs and made a cup of coffee and had a small breakfast, figuring she would eat when Sidney came back. Karen smiled knowing she would finally get to see him during a game day and see his routine. Usually she always kicked him out to go back to Mario's because she didn't want to disrupt it. After she was done in the kitchen, Karen went into the living room and put on her iPod in the speaker dock, letting the tunes fill the room. She grabbed a book and sat down, as comfortably that her leg would let her and started to read waiting for Sidney to get back.

Around noon, Karen heard a car door shut and soon Sidney appeared in the doorway of the living room.

"What's with the bags?" Karen looked up and asked.

"I figured I would bring some of my stuff over here so I wouldn't always have to go back and forth between here and Mario's."

"How long you plan on staying there sailor?" she said with a smile.

"As long as the beautiful woman that lives here allows me too."

"I don't think you brought enough stuff."

Sidney put his bags down and walked over to her, sitting on the edge. He leaned in and kissed her "I can always get the rest later."

"How was your morning skate?"

"It was good, feel ready for tonight."

Karen looked into his eyes and saw his love for her "there's something else I need to tell you."

Sidney knew this was probably about Ryan and he could have told her he already knew, but wanted to hear it from her "tell me."

"When you were in St. Louis for a game a couple weeks ago, I went to Pops to watch the game there. I just didn't want to watch the game by myself. When I got there, I saw Whit at the bar and went over to sit with him. We talked and he yelled at me for deserting the team after we broke up."

"He yelled at you?" Sidney said laughing.

"Well not really yelled but apparently your teammates were mad at me because I stopped coming around them while you were with her. Anyway, I apologized and we watched the game and talked. When the game was over, we stayed for a little while longer. As we got ready to leave, he walked me to my car and before we said goodnight, he kissed me. I pulled away from him and told him I couldn't because I still had feelings for you."

Sidney took her hand and held it looking at her "I know baby."

"You know what?"

"That he kissed you."

"He told you?" Karen asked somewhat surprised.

"Yeah. After I met up with the guys yesterday he told me before we headed to the arena. I was mad at first but when he explained why and everything, I realized that if didn't get you one of the other guys would have."

"What do you mean?"

"He said that I wasn't the only one that took a liking to you and that all the other guys found out how amazing you were. I guess if I didn't get you when I did, I would have had some competition for you."

"Well you stole my heart from the beginning so I think it was pretty clear who I wanted to end up with."

"You stole mine on the ice."

"That's funny since Mario said the same thing" she said smiling remembering that day. "He said I awed you in more ways then one."

"That you did baby, that you did. How about we get something to eat so you can join me for my pregame nap?"

"Sounds great because I am starving."

Sidney helped her up and kissed her when she was directly in front of him. They broke apart and headed to the kitchen to make some pasta. Twenty minutes later, they were eating and continued talking. Karen felt a sense of ease over her that he forgave her for what happened while they were apart. She wondered if maybe something did happen between him and Sophia and he just didn't want her to know. It didn't matter now anyway. They were back to where they both wanted to be....with each other.

No comments: